imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Striker seen in Kick Ass (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1022)

Rockwolf66 04-17-2010 04:34 AM

Striker seen in Kick Ass

As you all know I like the Armsel Striker and it's varients. I know IRL it's a POS with a heavy as lead trigger pull and it's very slow to load.

Well i was watching Kick-Ass today and I saw a new varient. It was a Striker fitted with an M-4 style stock, a M-1913 rail and a muzzle break similar in looks to a MiniUzi barrel. By that I mean that the muzzle break looked like it was three slit ports in it. I'm looking online and I see a Penn Arms version with the M-4 stock but not the rail on the reciver or a muzzle break of the same design. Could one of the Movie armorers ask around and see if they can solve the mystery.

Thanks All
Rockwolf66

MT2008 04-17-2010 07:05 PM

I can ask around, but from what I can gather, most of the movie was filmed in the U.K. Both of the armorers that are credited on IMDB appear to be Englishmen, and we don't know any of the British armorers.

On the other hand, a good part of the movie was filmed in Ontario. If any of the scenes using the Striker were filmed there, then it's possible Al might know.

Rockwolf66 04-18-2010 04:44 AM

Thank's MT2008,

The reason I am asking is that the weapon in question is either a varient that we don't have on the Armsel Striker page or a customized model. Hopefully I can track down some more information but there are times when you can't just sift through a couple hundered web pages to find the wanted info.

MT2008 04-18-2010 01:31 PM

I haven't seen the movie, but my guess is that they took an existing Striker that they had in inventory and modified it. That's what armorers tend to do.

gunguy001 04-18-2010 07:04 PM

That part was filmed in the UK

MT2008 04-18-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunguy001 (Post 13109)
That part was filmed in the UK

Thanks for the info! Did you guys get to work on any of the scenes that were filmed in Ontario?

Rockwolf66 04-19-2010 04:38 AM

Ok so given that in the UK it is most likely an Armcel Protecta I should change the movie page. Still that's an impressive amount of modding as they would have to rebuild the entire back half of the weapon.

Excalibur 04-20-2010 03:21 AM

I just saw the movie and it was a cool setup. Though I think the miniguns on the jetpack would be very heavy and loud since it's being fired right next to the guy's ears.

MT2008 04-20-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 13117)
Ok so given that in the UK it is most likely an Armcel Protecta I should change the movie page. Still that's an impressive amount of modding as they would have to rebuild the entire back half of the weapon.

Did it lack the winder on the drum?

Also, weren't there Strikers available to U.K. armorers? "Hard Boiled" has a Striker or Street Sweeper, and even though that movie was filmed in Hong Kong, the armorers imported most of the weapons in the movie from the U.K.

Rockwolf66 04-20-2010 06:02 PM

I saw the film again yesterday and i did not see a winder and that shotgun looked brand new like it was factory fresh.