imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Zulu Two Six 11-10-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 21915)
You fail for not having a diverse choice in movies.

you fail for responding to a post this old

S&Wshooter 11-10-2010 11:16 AM

Nobody is going to mention there is a friggin' minigun in the armory of a Russian gulag in the 60's?

k9870 11-10-2010 01:11 PM

The british raiding the boat was just random, a WTF moment, then you fight them?

The ending kind of sucked, the whole implying you go kill kennedy thing.

Swordfish941 11-10-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 21924)
The british raiding the boat was just random, a WTF moment, then you fight them?

The ending kind of sucked, the whole implying you go kill kennedy thing.

Treyarch has reached rock bottom and decided to dig deeper. That's how much they failed.

k9870 11-10-2010 04:28 PM

I hate how u need top be 14 prestige to get golden guns. Im not even prestiging at all.

Excalibur 11-10-2010 07:55 PM

The PC of Black Ops is terrible. Lag and glitches and graphic issues.

k9870 11-10-2010 08:01 PM

I bought full auto for the CZ, thinking it would be a sweet last stand weapon....but you cant use it, it switches you to a 1911.........wtf:confused:

k9870 11-10-2010 08:38 PM

Anyone know where to get a video of the nuketown surprise? You know where you shoot the heads of mannequins real quick and somethings supposed to happen, i heard it has to do with zombies.

Also, cuban police carry asps. Like its not a customized specilty weapon with limited numbers made.....

Clutch 11-13-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 21926)
Treyarch has reached rock bottom and decided to dig deeper. That's how much they failed.

It's Treyarch. This is surprising to...no one.

On top of that, I'm now hearing that a lot of what plagued MW2 is also present in Black Ops. Glad I stuck with Medal of Honor.

Swordfish941 11-13-2010 03:20 AM

I just went to a book sale. I got a few movies and a bunch of paperbacks.

Excalibur 11-13-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch (Post 21990)
It's Treyarch. This is surprising to...no one.

On top of that, I'm now hearing that a lot of what plagued MW2 is also present in Black Ops. Glad I stuck with Medal of Honor.

Metal of Honor was very generic and didn't present anything new to the modern warfare gaming table. MW2 broke records and it did a lot of things right. That said, the story was the only thing stupid about it. The controls were smooth and gameplay was not this laggy interrupting and distracting piece of shit that is Black Ops. Sure the game is fine now, but day one, Black Ops was annoying the hell out of me

Clutch 11-13-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21992)
Metal of Honor was very generic and didn't present anything new to the modern warfare gaming table. MW2 broke records and it did a lot of things right. That said, the story was the only thing stupid about it. The controls were smooth and gameplay was not this laggy interrupting and distracting piece of shit that is Black Ops. Sure the game is fine now, but day one, Black Ops was annoying the hell out of me

Let me clarify.

MW2 works best when you stick with the campaign or Spec Ops modes. Yeah, the story's kinda ridiculous, but it's fun to watch. The multiplayer, however, fails hard. To be fair, it didn't at first, but once all of the knifing and other exploits became widespread, playing through stopped being enjoyable and became a overtly frustrating job.

Medal of Honor might not bring much to the table, but it does so in a much more satisfying manner. For one thing, there's no more of that whole "knifing from across the map" BS. If you want to score a knife kill, you have to do it the old-fashioned way. There's also very little in the way of boosting, which was another cancer across nearly every MW2 match I played after about December of last year. Story-wise, Medal of Honor's better in that regard too. The only issues I have with it are polish-wise - the game needed a few more months in the oven.

Excalibur 11-13-2010 06:02 AM

There will always be cheap ways for players to think up to win the game and it still is a game, if someone has a more precise way to kick your ass, then more power to them. Sure it'll get annoying getting knifed and grenade launchers coming at you, but that's how the game is.

Since Metal of Honor was designed by DICE, their multiplayer is completely different from any of COD's designs. It has a lot of similar elements.

You only see the MW2 multiplayer failing because of the cheap bastards utterly destroying you with easy fast tactics that aren't "fair, or realistic".

And what do you mean "Knifing from across the map"? You can't do that in any game. You sneak up to a guy and knife him or rush him before he can shoot you and knife him. If you mean the throwing knife, that only works if you are REALLY good with your aim and I mean really good.

Games don't need "a little bit more time in the oven"? They aren't a cake. They are like paintings. You do all the fine strokes, colors right and on the right kind of material, but when it is done it is done. You can add a few more extra strokes and add on some more color, but when it is done, the work is to be judged at the time of presentation. If it doesn't stack up on the day it is expected, then the creator fucked up. If he can save it with patches and a little extra work, sure, but that is ONLY when there is something left to be saved or if the minor adjustments are vast improvements.

I agree that Metal of Honor has a story to it, but there isn't a lot of character development. It tries to have you feel a connection for these guys you play, but lack it.

Clutch 11-13-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21995)
There will always be cheap ways for players to think up to win the game and it still is a game, if someone has a more precise way to kick your ass, then more power to them. Sure it'll get annoying getting knifed and grenade launchers coming at you, but that's how the game is.

Since Metal of Honor was designed by DICE, their multiplayer is completely different from any of COD's designs. It has a lot of similar elements.

You only see the MW2 multiplayer failing because of the cheap bastards utterly destroying you with easy fast tactics that aren't "fair, or realistic".

And what do you mean "Knifing from across the map"? You can't do that in any game. You sneak up to a guy and knife him or rush him before he can shoot you and knife him. If you mean the throwing knife, that only works if you are REALLY good with your aim and I mean really good.

Games don't need "a little bit more time in the oven"? They aren't a cake. They are like paintings. You do all the fine strokes, colors right and on the right kind of material, but when it is done it is done. You can add a few more extra strokes and add on some more color, but when it is done, the work is to be judged at the time of presentation. If it doesn't stack up on the day it is expected, then the creator fucked up. If he can save it with patches and a little extra work, sure, but that is ONLY when there is something left to be saved or if the minor adjustments are vast improvements.

I agree that Metal of Honor has a story to it, but there isn't a lot of character development. It tries to have you feel a connection for these guys you play, but lack it.

What I mean by knifing across the map is this. Ever play a match, come across someone using that perpetual knifing setup, sight him in and shoot first? Then die, even though you know you hit him and he was a good distance from you at that moment? Then, when you watch the killcam, you discover that your shotgun blast or burst of machine gun fire did nothing to him? THAT'S what I mean by knifing across the map. Here's something else that's happened before. You spawn after getting killed by someone else. You take two steps...and are then stabbed in the back by Usain Bolt on crack, who's been running around the map the entire match, knifing whoever's unlucky enough to cross his path.

I stopped playing MW2 online several months ago for that and several other reasons, including the lag and shitty hit detection (two of the things that makes knifing work so well in the first place). And the boosting, too...don't get me started on the boosting. Many a game was ruined because some jackass wanted to score that damn nuke so frickin' badly. In comparison, CoD4 and MoH work so well because they don't rely on none of that. No idiotic perks. No ridiculous knife-lunging.

Excalibur 11-13-2010 03:47 PM

Ok, I rarely come across those guys. Occasionally, i get knifed, but I've developed a very fast reaction. My brother is a master at counter knifing other people.

Black Ops, it's not that easy to knife someone anymore.

k9870 11-13-2010 08:01 PM

Black ops balanced a lot, too much maybe, like not being able to use full auto cz in last stand, if you put a m203 on your gun you cant put a second attachment, etc.

MOH was too generic and offered no customization, gameplay for MOH was better in SP, where you had lean out controls. Theres very few guns in MOH while black ops theres tons of choices to personalize loadouts.

Swordfish941 11-13-2010 08:04 PM

Natalie Portman has let me down by starring in a rom-com with Ashton Kutcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubfcfs98MBw

Spades of Columbia 11-13-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 22002)
Natalie Portman has let me down by starring in a rom-com with Ashton Kutcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubfcfs98MBw

I KNOW!!!...i had the same thought...what the hell is she thinking?

Swordfish941 11-13-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia (Post 22003)
I KNOW!!!...i had the same thought...what the hell is she thinking?

I expect that kind of shit from Jennifer Aniston, but NATALIE??? What has this world come to?

Swordfish941 11-13-2010 09:56 PM

I liked it when video games were simple like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4zF790DzyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opru6...eature=related

Excalibur 11-14-2010 12:24 AM

That was before my time. I was only born in 86, so I didn't appreciate the 80s much.

Swordfish941 11-14-2010 12:28 AM

Two of the greatest directors ever in the same interview = EPIC WINN, BITCHES!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWP9F8UGhGQ

S&Wshooter 11-14-2010 04:00 AM

I figured out how to make Black Ops multiplayer not suck: invite friend over, play against the bots in Combat Training (put the bot team as having 2x as many guys as yours and set the difficulty high). I just did that for like 3 hours

Swordfish941 11-14-2010 04:05 AM

I'm watching Apocalypse Now. Lt. Kilgore is badass. Chuck Norris wishes he could be as badass as him.

Excalibur 11-14-2010 04:08 AM

For some reason I've put off seeing that Nam movie. I've seen Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, but I have never seen Apocalypse Now

S&Wshooter 11-14-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 22017)
For some reason I've put off seeing that Nam movie. I've seen Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, but I have never seen Apocalypse Now

Same here. My Uncle Robert (who was a SEAL in 'Nam) told my father that it is just about as realistic a depiction of the war that you are going to get

Swordfish941 11-14-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

The Martin Sheen will hack you into bits with a machete while The Door's The End plays in the background.

BTW, If S&Wshooter hates Jim Morrison & The Doors, then he has gone insane.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 11-14-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

It's meandering and artsy. Not really a war movie in the traditional sense.

S&Wshooter 11-14-2010 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 22019)
The Martin Sheen will hack you into bits with a machete while The Door's The End plays in the background.

BTW, If S&Wshooter hates Jim Morrison & The Doors, then he has gone insane.

Meh. I'd rather listen to CCR or something

Swordfish941 11-14-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 22021)
Meh. I'd rather listen to CCR or something

CCR is fuckin' excellent.

S&Wshooter 11-14-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 22022)
CCR is fuckin' excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJVqpSddMM

k9870 11-15-2010 02:12 AM

rumor was the nuketown surprise would be zombies coming on the map and mannequins holding guns, turns out all that happens is a rolling stones song plays........very disappointing.

funkychinaman 11-15-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 22020)
It's meandering and artsy. Not really a war movie in the traditional sense.

I agree. If you're looking for a war movie, look elsewhere. "Accurate depiction of Vietnam?" Was there that much surfing in Vietnam?

(I got to see the Redux edition in the theater. As with many director's cuts, the new scenes were originally cut out for a reason. Watching the air cav assault on the big screen was worth it though.)

Swordfish941 11-15-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 22052)
Watching the air cav assault on the big screen was worth it though.)

The air calvary assault is the most epicly epic scene in the history of epic movie scenes.

Rockwolf66 11-15-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 22052)
I agree. If you're looking for a war movie, look elsewhere. "Accurate depiction of Vietnam?" Was there that much surfing in Vietnam?

I do know of at least one SEAL Team who brought water skis and used their gunboats as towboats. I wish I had a picture of that as they wore their full battle rattle while doing it.

k9870 11-15-2010 08:13 PM

Anyone make a good movie in theater mode, I have a funny one called "how does this happen" on my fileshare

Excalibur 11-15-2010 09:55 PM

I don't play around with the theater mode really. It's too much like Halo by that point.

The credit system is nice, but we still need to level up to get the guns we want and by that point, we need to spend money to buy it.

Swordfish941 11-15-2010 10:20 PM

If Natalie Portman does not win an Oscar this year, I'll inflict major pain on people.

S&Wshooter 11-16-2010 12:16 AM

I watched Westworld the other day. It was good, but a little short

BurtReynoldsMoustache 11-16-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 22077)
I watched Westworld the other day. It was good, but a little short

Jurassic Park with robots instead of dinosaurs, right?