imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stainless SIG (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=17)

Yournamehere 11-28-2008 10:43 PM

Stainless SIG

Has anyone seen a full stainless or nickel SIG P226 in 9mm? And I don't mean one with blued moving parts, a full stainless/nickel model. I saw MT had one on his page but I'd like some more examples if that's okay.

MT2008 11-28-2008 11:08 PM

Do you mean MoviePropMaster2008? I'm not the same guy. I'm just one of the other admins.

The all-nickel SIG P226s are somewhat rare. I see them from time-to-time on sale on the SIG forum, and they're usually quite highly priced. They were only made from 1988 to about 1992, and then SIG switched to making the two-tone P226s which had just the steel parts finished in stainless/nickel.

Yournamehere 11-29-2008 12:40 AM

Oh I thought you were the same guy! I sent you a PM for all of PropMasters uploads thanking you too! Silly me!

I did some research on nickel models rather than stainless models and found a few, so I know about 'em now. Don't know why on earth people stop making all silver guns, they're so pretty.

MT2008 11-29-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 56)
I did some research on nickel models rather than stainless models and found a few, so I know about 'em now. Don't know why on earth people stop making all silver guns, they're so pretty.

Well, I imagine it has a lot to do with the fact that most modern handguns coming out today have frames made of polymer, which can be black or tan or most other colors, but not shiny silver. ;)

As far as the SIG P226 goes, I think there were issues with the strength of the frame on the all-silver model, or so I've heard.

MoviePropMaster2008 01-12-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 56)
Oh I thought you were the same guy! I sent you a PM for all of PropMasters uploads thanking you too! Silly me!

I don't get no respect.....

Excalibur 01-12-2009 02:29 PM

So what is so special about the all Stainless?

MT2008 01-12-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 401)
So what is so special about the all Stainless?

They're kind of rare and usually cost a lot for this reason. That, and the fact that they look cool, which is always very important. :)

BTW, "The Beast" is on this Thursday. Apparently, Patrick Swayze uses one of the all-nickel P226s as his sidearm on that show. Reason enough for me to watch it...

Excalibur 01-13-2009 01:05 PM

So there's really nothing special about a stainless steel gun except for the coolness factor...that's one of the stupidest things I can think of to make a gun. Almost as stupid as golden plated guns, just for the "coolness" factor or because of the "you got the money, so spend it the way you want" mentality.

MT2008 01-13-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 411)
So there's really nothing special about a stainless steel gun except for the coolness factor...that's one of the stupidest things I can think of to make a gun. Almost as stupid as golden plated guns, just for the "coolness" factor or because of the "you got the money, so spend it the way you want" mentality.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the nickel SIG P226s specifically.

It's not stupid to want a particular finish on a gun if it makes the gun look better. And not all nickel guns are that much more expensive than regular black versions - the nickel SIGs certainly didn't cost as much as they do now, back when they were still being produced.

I don't own or buy nickel-plated guns myself, but I think it offensive to say that anyone who wants one is "stupid".

Excalibur 01-14-2009 12:14 AM

Fine. I'll say something different. It's not stupid to get a gun like that. It's your preference, but I honestly think if it doesn't really affect the performance of the weapon in any sense and is more for cosmetic to appeal to your ego, then it's just a waste of money. If you have the money and feel like it, it's your gun. Who am I to tell you what you want your firearm to look like.