imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Health scare (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2312)

S&Wshooter 05-07-2014 05:29 AM

Health scare

Y'all may not have known, but I've been having some health problems lately, specifically with my hip/lower back. I've been having all kinds of excruciating pain lately due to a reinjury, and I noticed something somewhat gun related the other day that really, really scared me

My gun hand, for all intents and purposes, was not working even half as well as usual

I couldn't do things like write, press a mag release, work the lockback on my knife, and a few other things, and the first thing that crossed my mind was that I might not be able to shoot as well anymore. Luckily, bit by bit, I've been getting dexterity back, which is a huge relief. I'm already really messed up right now, but I've bounced back from this exact thing before, but I had no clue what I was going to do about my hand, which terrified me

Excalibur 05-08-2014 03:29 AM

I assume you have been seeing a doctor for your pains.

In the mean time, practice using your other hand and weak hand only weapon manipulations or just practice with your pains. I haven't had nearly the amount of pain you are describing, but I've sprained my weapon hand once and had to live like that for a week and a half until it go better.

S&Wshooter 05-08-2014 06:28 AM

Seen the doctor, got my meds, about to file for worker's comp; it's still going to take a while for me to heal, like last time

My hand is getting better every day, but I obviously didn't know it would at first, which is why I freaked out. I've been handling guns a lot recently just to stay in the hang of things

Excalibur 05-10-2014 04:03 PM

Just hang in there and keep working on it.

Spartan198 05-11-2014 04:50 AM

I echo Excalibur's sentiments. I'm not really very good at words of encouragement, but please know I do sincerely wish you well. :)

S&Wshooter 05-20-2014 02:20 AM

Dexterity is back, strength is pretty much back. Now, to work on getting my back/hip back to where it was before

S&Wshooter 08-19-2014 01:17 AM

Got an MRI today; 2 discs in my lower back are messed up. Spent all day at the hospital waiting to have surgery real quick to fix it, but the neurosurgeon had me released, so I have to do it another day. At least I got pumped full of medication and was given painkillers

Once the surgery is over with, I'll recover within a few days. Looking forward to it

S&Wshooter 08-25-2014 08:34 PM

Surgery is scheduled for 11:30 this Thursday

I am feeling very relieved. The pain, doctors, and legal issues have worn me out completely

Swordfish941 08-25-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 41071)
Surgery is scheduled for 11:30 this Thursday

I am feeling very relieved. The pain, doctors, and legal issues have worn me out completely

Best of luck, and I hope you feel better.

S&Wshooter 08-27-2014 12:47 PM

Thanks. I'm just so, so tired; I want to be able to sleep normally, walk, go places, etc. Woke up this morning because of pain, and I hate it

Weird thing is, my extended family doesn't give a fuck, and they are usually pretty quick to send cards and come visit and such