imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 10-14-2010 01:20 AM

Only if you don't update it. I have yet to have a problem with punkbuster on any of the games I've played. Most of the time, it's people who messes with it or the people who designed it the first time fucked up.

It doesn't "fuck up" your computer. Sure if there is something really wrong, it might make the game crash, but there arent a lot of cases where that's happened, which is why they make patches when it does happen. If somethings wrong with your 360 game right off the bat, they won't make a patch that can instantly fix it.

And you've only pointed out one thing out of the many pluses I've listed. Is that all you got? Just punkbuster

S&Wshooter 10-14-2010 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 20993)
And you've only pointed out one thing out of the many pluses I've listed. Is that all you got? Just punkbuster

There are not many places that sell computer games, you can't play standing up, more cheating on PC, if you can't buy a copy you have to download the game and risk viruses (I did just that with my old computer, with full virus protection, and it ended with my friend/computer guy having to wipe my harddrive and me having to start from scratch). Also, if you want a game with cutting edge graphics and don't have the top of the line graphics card, you are shit out of luck (think Crysis)

Excalibur 10-14-2010 02:57 AM

First off, my brother's new 1200 dollar computer he personally built with the latest hardware and he doesn't want to play Crysis on it cause the game was not designed correctly with the average computer people have in mind.

Also, what do you mean downloading games and you get a virus? The only place I've ever downloaded games is on Steam? Where did you go? Some illegal free website for a game that is out of print? Unless you are looking for a game that you can't find on Amazon, or Steam, then it must be very old and obscured.

Look, a local Best Buy can get you a descent computer.

Playing standing up? Why would you want to play a game standing up? Your view of the TV screen would be off and you'd be looking down at the screen. You're legs will be tired unless you mean playing the Kenict or the Wii fit games. Most people play games sitting on a chair. Unless you like to play your games standing up looking down at an angle at your TV, unless your TV is raised high enough that you NEED to stand to see straight.

And remember Punkbuster? That's what takes care of the cheaters and most of the time, they get banned anyway for cheating and you never see them again. Dedicated servers help us kick hackers out.

k9870 10-14-2010 03:11 AM

Most overrated game ever:

Counter strike source, seriously, it is so basic and unimpressive and loaded with cheaters i dont see why its popular as it is.

Excalibur 10-14-2010 03:16 AM

I think it's addictive in its simplicity. And well there's a difference between hackers and well "Cheaters". people who camp, spawn kill, etc. Unlike real life, gamers in compeition will use every thing in the game to their advantage, even if it seems unrealistic in reality. They find the most efficient way to own somebody. Sure if you do it more often or not, people will be pissed cause they get killed by a guy on the other side of the map who happens to have the best view, or a guy who keeps lobbing grenades and gets lucky.

S&Wshooter 10-14-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21003)
I think it's addictive in its simplicity. And well there's a difference between hackers and well "Cheaters". people who camp, spawn kill, etc. Unlike real life, gamers in compeition will use every thing in the game to their advantage, even if it seems unrealistic in reality. They find the most efficient way to own somebody. Sure if you do it more often or not, people will be pissed cause they get killed by a guy on the other side of the map who happens to have the best view, or a guy who keeps lobbing grenades and gets lucky.

Last time I played COD 4 online there was this guy that, no matter what, could not die. We literally cornered him and 3 people dumped their mags into his chest. All that ended up happening is thatall of us died and a couple people rage quit

k9870 10-14-2010 12:25 PM

theres people on source who cheat by making auto headshots, xray vision through walls, etc.

Milkovich 10-14-2010 04:40 PM

Welcome to the world of online gaming.

Swordfish941 10-14-2010 04:52 PM

I gonna buy The Rules of Attraction. It is proof that Ian Somerhalder is gay because he humps a mirror while in his underwear. :cool:

S&Wshooter 10-15-2010 01:10 AM

I just watched Harry Brown. Harry reminds me of my grandfather