imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

S&Wshooter 05-03-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38918)
Then you are playing the wrong game if all you care about is guns. The MGS series of games is part awesome gunplay and action and part really intense story telling.

Don't care! :cool:

Swordfish941 05-03-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38913)
Oh and the Manga. If you ever find the manga for BR, read that. It is also pretty great...and graphic

Is it graphic violence-wise or graphic-nudity wise?

The Wierd It 05-03-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 38922)
Is it graphic violence-wise or graphic-nudity wise?

Considering this is a series wherein every character is fitted with a collar that makes their head explode if they try to escape or remove it, coupled with the kill or be killed nature of what they've been dumped into, I'd say violence.

funkychinaman 05-03-2013 05:22 PM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...Top+Stories%29

I see a very nice page coming out of this.

SPEMack618 05-03-2013 05:33 PM

Nice. And for what it's worth, I like Bradley Cooper for his roles outside of the Hangover and the A-Team.

Even though seeing the links for Hangover III interspersed through the story was hilarious.

And as always, the comment section brings out the worst in the internet.

Excalibur 05-03-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 38922)
Is it graphic violence-wise or graphic-nudity wise?

It's both actually. It involves at least one really dark back story of one of the girls. But the rest of the story is mostly violence.

Swordfish941 05-03-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38928)
It's both actually. It involves at least one really dark back story of one of the girls. But the rest of the story is mostly violence.

Sweet. (10characters)

funkychinaman 05-03-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 38927)
Nice. And for what it's worth, I like Bradley Cooper for his roles outside of the Hangover and the A-Team.

Even though seeing the links for Hangover III interspersed through the story was hilarious.

And as always, the comment section brings out the worst in the internet.

If SPR and War Horse are any indication, Spielberg does his homework.

SPEMack618 05-03-2013 10:30 PM

War Horse was hard for me to watch, for that very reason.

I'm excited for it. And I will be gloriously jingonistic here, but I hope it truly is a real life "Captain America" set in Iraq, not some horrendously over-wrought into-spection into why war is bad.

SOC Kyle, from his book atleast, took pride in the uniform and the job he'd done. I hope the film shows that.

Spartan198 05-04-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 38935)
SOC Kyle, from his book atleast, took pride in the uniform and the job he'd done. I hope the film shows that.

As do I, but knowing Hollywood, they'll try as hard as they can to turn it into another Green Zone.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.