imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 04-03-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 38498)
And the top debut in Bruce Willis' career is... G.I. Joe 2.

That's just ...unbelievable. It's astounding.

So the movie is...bad?

funkychinaman 04-03-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38500)
So the movie is...bad?

It's more that I just can't believe that with all of the good movies he's made in all these years, the biggest one is where he plays third lead behind The Rock and Channing Tatum.

Evil Tim 04-03-2013 04:06 PM

Can't say I'm that impressed by Bioshock Infinite, it plays like a knock-off of the original made by people who didn't really understand why it worked. When the second Vigor is the amazing power to throw grenades you get the distinct impression they're running out of ideas.

Excalibur 04-03-2013 04:17 PM

Ok, I'll admit the Vigor and Salt powers is the developers ripping off themselves from their previous games. I used returned to sender and possession over any other power. I didn't like the fact that you can only have 2 weapons at a time when in previous games you can have all of them.

I do like the character you play can talk and has a personality and history, be it very confusing and kinda contrived at the end. Elizabeth is a wonderful character. She's very animated and once you get her at your side, it doesn't become one big escort mission. You don't need to protect her from being shot or captured and she actually helps you, throwing you money, health and ammo, opens doors for you. She has a very charming personality.

The world of Columbia is very impressive and bright compared to the dark, dank and deary underwater world of Rapture, which I got really bored of after a couple hours because you go down the same dark, dank, wet corridor over and over again. Very little variants in enemy types and you don't get to see what the world of Rapture was like before the chaos. In Infinite, you slowly see the city unravel into the chaos. Everything about Columbia is very alive and interesting.

The racism bids are...meh. If you are over sensitive, you'll hate it cause you've never lived in the time and bringing up racism means you are automatically racist in the eyes of some people. I still run into people for calling Resident Evil 5 racist for taking place in Africa. People need to chill out.

S&Wshooter 04-03-2013 05:32 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to "borrow" my brother's copy while he is at school Friday

commando552 04-03-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38500)
So the movie is...bad?

I quite liked it. It was ridiculous but fun. I think it suffered quite badly from editing it down to under 2 hours though (probably due to that extra Channing Tatum stuff), making some of the exposition very rushed and possibly hard to follow if you weren't familiar with the source material. There were parts I remembered from the trailers and promo images that weren't in the film. In the credits they even had little clips and freeze-frames from the film, some of which were from scenes which weren't in it at all. Oh, and RZA was absolutely awful as The Blind Master.

funkychinaman 04-03-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 38507)
I quite liked it. It was ridiculous but fun. I think it suffered quite badly from editing it down to under 2 hours though (probably due to that extra Channing Tatum stuff), making some of the exposition very rushed and possibly hard to follow if you weren't familiar with the source material.

One of the reviews I read said that was a positive thing though, that it was a G.I. Joe film for G.I. Joe fans.

funkychinaman 04-03-2013 06:36 PM

I DL the Unjustice: Gods Among Us demo and played as Batman (of course.) Graphically, it's a very beautiful game, although I wasn't a fan of Batman's costume. It's a mix of the movie Batman and Arkham City Batman costumes, using the cowl/helmet from the films with the suit from Arkham City, and it looked a bit off. The demo only featured three playable characters, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor, and a boss, Doomsday. The fact that Batman beat Doomsday is absolutely ridiculous.

Batman's always been a bit out of place next to the rest of the Justice League, because he has no powers. I know it's a pipedream, but I'd like to see a DC fighting game with just people from the Batman books, who all have similar powers and abilities. Nightwing wouldn't stand a chance against Superman, but Nightwing versus Red Hood, Robin, Red Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman, etc, would be interesting.

commando552 04-03-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 38508)
One of the reviews I read said that was a positive thing though, that it was a G.I. Joe film for G.I. Joe fans.

Due to the cutting though some of the exposition is really clumsy and rushed. In particular there is a bit were Snake Eyes is sparring with Jinx and the Blind Master is giving this info dump about how Jinx is the cousin of Storm Shadow who Snake Eyes doesn't trust because he killed the Hard Master but they must work together to save the G.I. Joes and restore honour to the Arashikage (with no explanation of what the Arashikage are). It really doesn't help that the whole thing is delivered by an awful actor with an American accent doing an Asian accent that is so bad its almost racist. It would have also been nice If Cobra Commander had a bigger part as he isn't really the main villain it is more Zartan, but as they are now confirmed for a sequel I imagine he will be more front and centre in that. It had HISS tanks though, so I don't care about any of this.

funkychinaman 04-03-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 38510)
Due to the cutting though some of the exposition is really clumsy and rushed. In particular there is a bit were Snake Eyes is sparring with Jinx and the Blind Master is giving this info dump about how Jinx is the cousin of Storm Shadow who Snake Eyes doesn't trust because he killed the Hard Master but they must work together to save the G.I. Joes and restore honour to the Arashikage (with no explanation of what the Arashikage are). It really doesn't help that the whole thing is delivered by an awful actor with an American accent doing an Asian accent that is so bad its almost racist. It would have also been nice If Cobra Commander had a bigger part as he isn't really the main villain it is more Zartan, but as they are now confirmed for a sequel I imagine he will be more front and centre in that. It had HISS tanks though, so I don't care about any of this.

In the comics, Blind Master IS black, but I don't know where the Asian accent would come into play.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.