imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 11-10-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Ice (Post 36704)
I didn't mean to say all novels turned to movies were bad I was talking about novels like Twilight.

Yeah....all I can say is..."They sparkle?"

Mr.Ice 11-10-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 36705)
Yeah....all I can say is..."They sparkle?"

Thats when you lose all respect for vampires in general.

Spartan198 11-10-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 36696)
If you're going to ruin your career for a video game, I'd hope it was for a better video game.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...eal/?hpt=hp_t3

Yet it's okay that the Pentagon ordered one SEAL to reveal similarly-secret information for Zero Dark Thirty, apparently. :rolleyes:

And Warfighter was a damn fine game, IMO.

Excalibur 11-10-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 36707)
Yet it's okay that the Pentagon ordered one SEAL to reveal similarly-secret information for Zero Dark Thirty, apparently. :rolleyes:

And Warfighter was a damn fine game, IMO.

It was an ok game. Intense and a little better than BF3 when it comes to single player experience EXCEPT for the breaching moments. NONE of your team mates assist you in taking out the room. If there are 5 guys in the room, it is your job to take them all out. Bullshit and annoying

Clutch 11-10-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 36707)
Yet it's okay that the Pentagon ordered one SEAL to reveal similarly-secret information for Zero Dark Thirty, apparently. :rolleyes:

And Warfighter was a damn fine game, IMO.

I crossed Warfighter off of my list after I played the beta. I knew that they were going to go the Call of Duty route and focus on multiplayer...but Jesus, I wasn't expecting a full-bore screw-up like that. Nothing felt like it was weighted properly, it took entirely too many rounds to down one person, you didn't get enough ammo to actually do anything, and the menus were probably the most confusing I've ever used in a game. So now I'm waiting for a major price cut to even pick up the game for it's single player, and wondering if I should even do that, given everything I've heard about that aspect.

On a related note, I'm starting to formulate a theory about EA games. The quality of their games is directly inverse to the amount of advertising they put into it. The less I hear about one of their games, the better it actually is. If they start launching a full-on advertising blitz, it's probably gonna suck. Also, I'm real wary of ANY game that has Frostbite 2 as a selling point.

Swordfish941 11-10-2012 07:36 PM

I've just started watching Berserk. Its a good anime and pretty violent (although not as violent as Elfen Lied.

Spartan198 11-11-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch (Post 36709)
I crossed Warfighter off of my list after I played the beta. I knew that they were going to go the Call of Duty route and focus on multiplayer...but Jesus, I wasn't expecting a full-bore screw-up like that. Nothing felt like it was weighted properly, it took entirely too many rounds to down one person, you didn't get enough ammo to actually do anything, and the menus were probably the most confusing I've ever used in a game. So now I'm waiting for a major price cut to even pick up the game for it's single player, and wondering if I should even do that, given everything I've heard about that aspect.

So you've never even played the SP, yet you claim they focused only on MP? How can you have made any such conclusion without even seeing what they've done with SP?

I like orange juice more than apple juice, but at least I've tasted the latter to know for sure instead of just assuming it's bad based on a single sip of orange juice.

Clutch 11-12-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 36719)
So you've never even played the SP, yet you claim they focused only on MP? How can you have made any such conclusion without even seeing what they've done with SP?

I like orange juice more than apple juice, but at least I've tasted the latter to know for sure instead of just assuming it's bad based on a single sip of orange juice.

I read the synopsis after hearing that actually playing through the singleplayer portion of the game was laughably (actually, painfully) short. Now, one of the things I liked about the first game was it's awesome story. Even if that entry's SP was rather short as well, it inspired repeated playthroughs (especially the first Rangers mission). This story however...halfway through the synopsis, I realized I'd seen a similar plot. In fact, about 8 months prior, when Act of Valor was in theaters. Problem is, it wasn't that good then, and time didn't make it any better.

Fact of the matter is, I'm not paying 60 bucks for that. No way, no how. I'm not even sure I want to pay 20 for that. Without getting into spoilers, they took characters I liked from the first outing and either reduced or disposed of them needlessly. They took elements from the first game that I really liked and cut them severely, to the point where they might as well have just gotten rid of them altogether. And from all I've researched on it, what they did leave in didn't mesh together all that well, given all of the reports of glitches, bugs and poor AI and my own experiences with the controls from the beta (remember, this time around, Danger Close handled both areas of gameplay).

k9870 11-12-2012 08:01 PM

I have day off tomorrow, and CODs out. Win-win. wish there was more leaked gameplay, that angola mission was taken down

Excalibur 11-12-2012 09:00 PM

I just watched Skyfall. A lot of nice throwbacks to the classic Bond movies.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.