imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

SPEMack618 10-24-2013 06:34 PM

Well I suppose Captain America had to get all introspective sooner or later.

At least The Avengers was good. Is it bad that I just automatically assume anything with Robert Redford in it is going to anger me in some way?

And, last I heard, Tom Hardy was the guy tapped to be Kelly/Clark in Without Remorse.

funkychinaman 10-24-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 39752)
Well I suppose Captain America had to get all introspective sooner or later.

At least The Avengers was good. Is it bad that I just automatically assume anything with Robert Redford in it is going to anger me in some way?

And, last I heard, Tom Hardy was the guy tapped to be Kelly/Clark in Without Remorse.

They've been kicking around a Without Remorse film since I was in high school. I think Keanu Reeves was the choice to play Jack Clark back then. How hard could it possibly be to make that movie? Most of the movie takes place in Baltimore if I recall, with a few Vietnam scenes they could easily do in Hawaii or Mexico. I was really surprised that they wrote an entirely original Jack Ryan film in less time than it took to adapt what should've been a very easily adaptable book.

The Wierd It 10-24-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39739)
Look up some of his previous roles with his range. He was in Inception, Lawless, Warrior and Bronson (not that Bronson, some other Bronson and he's going to be Mad Max

He was also in Star Trek: Nemesis but we don't talk about that.

funkychinaman 10-24-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39751)
I have been rewatching this trailer. It looks fun. Anyone want to start capping guns?

I'm sure someone's already on it. The problem is the follow up, since a lot of times, the trailer looks good, but the movie sucks. Is anyone champing at the bit to rent Alex Cross, with it's 12% Rotten Tomatoes rating? R.I.P.D. (13%) will be out next week, who's going to take the bullet for that one?

Excalibur 10-25-2013 03:12 AM

My thing with Alex Cross is that I HATE Tyler Perry's performance. This is not the role for him and the story makes no sense. Now Matthew Fox's performance was cool.

funkychinaman 10-25-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39757)
My thing with Alex Cross is that I HATE Tyler Perry's performance. This is not the role for him and the story makes no sense. Now Matthew Fox's performance was cool.

Poor guy, all he wanted to do was wear pants onscreen for once.

Spartan198 10-26-2013 06:00 AM

So I'm watching ep.1 of Strike Back: Origins and I find myself incredibly bothered by that US Marines sporting British accents. Is this going to be a norm?

Excalibur 10-26-2013 02:03 PM

I actually forgot about that. Just move pass that and thankfully we won't be seeing a lot of that in this show.

Mandolin 10-26-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39763)
So I'm watching ep.1 of Strike Back: Origins and I find myself incredibly bothered by that US Marines sporting British accents. Is this going to be a norm?

Just skip Season 1 (British Rambo) and go straight to Season 2, Vengance. You'll get an American playing a Brit, and an Australian playing an American, but ignore that and its' great. It's one of the greatest action TV shows I've ever seen. It's amazing what an SBS sergeant, an ex-Delta sergeant, and a female intel/mission control sergeant who goes badass in S03 can do when supported by a revolving door of red shits.

Seriously, it's great.

Spartan198 10-26-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 39770)
Just skip Season 1 (British Rambo) and go straight to Season 2, Vengance. You'll get an American playing a Brit, and an Australian playing an American, but ignore that and its' great. It's one of the greatest action TV shows I've ever seen. It's amazing what an SBS sergeant, an ex-Delta sergeant, and a female intel/mission control sergeant who goes badass in S03 can do when supported by a revolving door of red shits.

Seriously, it's great.

I've been watching it since Project Dawn premiered on Cinemax a few years ago, so I've seen the latter three seasons already.