imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Images (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2179)

funkychinaman 04-01-2013 07:42 PM

Images

On the one hand, I'm proud that Uproxx used my screencap for one of their posts. On the other hand, I'm a bit ticked off they didn't bother giving a shout-out to IMFDb, despite NOT EVEN CHANGING THE FILE NAME.

Chitoryu12 04-01-2013 10:44 PM

Left a comment about it and made a tumblr post about it (since it seems that my only other options for spreading it would be either liking it on Facebook or posting to a Twitter I don't use).

Mr.Ice 04-01-2013 10:58 PM

Everyone takes screens from the site. In fact some of my images for MSG3 is up on the MGS wiki and they didn't even change the filename.

funkychinaman 04-02-2013 05:28 AM

What really ticked me off was that someone mentioned a wiki with all the Archer weapons in a chat with one of the animators last week. Another person said it was the Archer wikia. And where did the Archer wikia get all thei images from? Us.

funkychinaman 04-02-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitoryu12 (Post 38464)
Left a comment about it and made a tumblr post about it (since it seems that my only other options for spreading it would be either liking it on Facebook or posting to a Twitter I don't use).

I saw. And they are right, it's not OUR screen cap, it's the show's, but some professional courtesy would be nice.

Chitoryu12 04-02-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 38471)
I saw. And they are right, it's not OUR screen cap, it's the show's, but some professional courtesy would be nice.

Did you actually cap the picture, or did you get it from a show site?

If it's the former, then he's committing a bad breach of etiquette by not crediting the source. He's committing a WORSE breach of etiquette by being rude and saying "It's a pic of the show, therefore it doesn't count because reasons."

funkychinaman 04-02-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitoryu12 (Post 38477)
Did you actually cap the picture, or did you get it from a show site?

If it's the former, then he's committing a bad breach of etiquette by not crediting the source. He's committing a WORSE breach of etiquette by being rude and saying "It's a pic of the show, therefore it doesn't count because reasons."

I capped it myself, but he's right that it's technically fair use. But it's still rude. Oh well.

Chitoryu12 04-02-2013 09:29 PM

Well, I made sure to note that in my response (as well as noting his rudeness). If he continues to act poorly, I fully intend to continue spreading his bullshittery around on social media. Had he simply apologized or been a little nicer in his response, I wouldn't care. But he's now breaching etiquette AND acting rudely to anyone who points it out. I don't like jackasses.

funkychinaman 04-02-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitoryu12 (Post 38487)
Well, I made sure to note that in my response (as well as noting his rudeness). If he continues to act poorly, I fully intend to continue spreading his bullshittery around on social media. Had he simply apologized or been a little nicer in his response, I wouldn't care. But he's now breaching etiquette AND acting rudely to anyone who points it out. I don't like jackasses.

I'd rather not make a big thing out of it. It certainly isn't required, and maybe not even expected. It just would've been nice. If they don't want to make a gesture, then that's their choice.

Besides, it's not your place, or mine, to pick a fight with someone in the site's name.