imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Guns without movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=121)

Rockwolf66 03-10-2009 06:05 AM

Guns without movies

Hey all,

What should I do when I find a gunpage without a film attached and I'm reasonably sure that there is no movie that it could be linked to. I ask because we have an ASP 2000 page with no links to it.

Basically I've been through the site once and am working on compileing pages that are either unlinked to anything or just lists of guns without any information.

Excalibur 03-10-2009 10:56 AM

I'd want to get rid of it until an actual movie, or TV, or game use it.

MoviePropMaster2008 03-10-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 1025)
I'd want to get rid of it until an actual movie, or TV, or game use it.

Make sure you're right. The ASP 2000 page is not great. But the ASP 2000 appeared in the Miami Vice Movie with Colin Farrel. It would have sucked if someone deleted the page without checking that first.

As for removing all gun pages that don't currently have a credit, how do you feel about pages with tons of variations that don't appear in anything, but have one entry that does? Should we just edit it down to the variant that has a credit?

MT2008 03-10-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 1027)
As for removing all gun pages that don't currently have a credit, how do you feel about pages with tons of variations that don't appear in anything, but have one entry that does? Should we just edit it down to the variant that has a credit?

I think that's the best approach for now, just to make sure things don't keep getting chaotic. Remember how we made en entry for the H&K SR9 series, but originally put only the SR9(T) and (TC)? Some other dude tried to put the standard SR9 (the one that has the thumbhole stock) on the page, too, but I deleted his image because the standard SR9 hasn't appeared in any movies that we're aware of.

Also, Cutaway is notorious for making pages where he lists every variant of a gun even though only like 1 or 2 of them appear in any movie or TV show.

Rockwolf66 03-10-2009 07:47 PM

Personally I am for listing just what has been seen in films to date. Also the format that I am useing whe I find a page that is just a random list of weapons without any format shown is to arrange them by type. Unless it's like a video game and the weapons are broken down by faction or it's a TV show broken down by seasons.

Really I should try and gather up a small group of people who are willing to dig through sections and work on all the little stubs that are just lists of guns and at minimum add links and pictures.

Sorry I'm ranting but I would love to have a great looking Uniform site.

MoviePropMaster2008 03-10-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 1031)
Personally I am for listing just what has been seen in films to date. Also the format that I am useing whe I find a page that is just a random list of weapons without any format shown is to arrange them by type. Unless it's like a video game and the weapons are broken down by faction or it's a TV show broken down by seasons.

Really I should try and gather up a small group of people who are willing to dig through sections and work on all the little stubs that are just lists of guns and at minimum add links and pictures.

Sorry I'm ranting but I would love to have a great looking Uniform site.

TV shows should not be broken down by seasons. They should have the WEAPON first and under that listing - write the episodes where they appear. I hate the Seasonal thing. It's more like a fan site of the show than a site about the guns in the show.

Rockwolf66 03-10-2009 09:19 PM

No problem here, I'm just trying to wade through the electronic muck that seems to infest the dark corners of this forum. I see way too many pages without links, photo,s or any information. Sometimes it feels like I'm cleaning up after the two legged donkeys from work.

MoviePropMaster2008 03-10-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 1040)
Sometimes it feels like I'm cleaning up after the two legged donkeys from work.

You mean THESE TWO legged Donkeys????
http://www.moonbattery.com/harry-reid_nancy-pelosi.jpg
"We won the election! So get used to it! We're here to ban your guns! "

Rockwolf66 03-10-2009 11:16 PM

No, No, No...The Donkeys I have to deal with spend their days listening to Gangsta' rap, Dreaming about being a big Gangsta' Thug Rap star and pass the time stalking this canine and pretending to stick knives in him.

As for those two, Could i trade them and their friends in office for a single member of Sweden's Pirate party?

Excalibur 03-23-2009 01:09 PM

Back on this topic again, I know it seems like I'm beating a dead horse, but I've seen some recent gun images and pages that aren't in any movies. Like a few of the new M16 like weapons added. None of them are in any movies or shows, and same with the AR-10 page, A LOT of the guns there arent in any movies or shows. I think they are just cluttering the page.