imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5 Ridiculous Gun Myths Everyone Believes (Thanks to Movies) (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1104)

Yournamehere 06-16-2010 07:16 AM

5 Ridiculous Gun Myths Everyone Believes (Thanks to Movies)

For us, this is Cracked's best and most relevant article ever.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18576...to-movies.html

Read and enjoy.

Gunmaster45 06-16-2010 08:32 PM

I had one written with 11 much more relevant and informative myths (and it was funnier too) but they denied mine because this one was accepted before mine and the topics were "too close" to one another. Pissed me off, it was a good article. :mad:

S&Wshooter 06-16-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 14591)
I had one written with 11 much more relevant and informative myths (and it was funnier too) but they denied mine because this one was accepted before mine and the topics were "too close" to one another. Pissed me off, it was a good article. :mad:

Didn't someone post that on here?

Gunmaster45 06-16-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14592)
Didn't someone post that on here?

No, that was the top 10 mall ninja guns page, which is actually a topic written like an article (because I didn't know how to write articles at the time).

This was something new I was working on, had it saved for quite a while and by the time I figured out how to publish an article, it wouldn't be okayed because something else similar was written, which I argue is not really very similar, as I had totally different goofs in addition to the ones he had, meaning I had a more complete article (like bullets launching people in the air, no recoil, using guns akimbo, ammo capacity, how loud guns are, etc.)

predator20 06-16-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 14580)
For us, this is Cracked's best and most relevant article ever.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18576...to-movies.html

Read and enjoy.

They should have also noted the size of "silencers" used in films. Real ones are usually larger than the guns themselves.

predator20 06-16-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 14593)

This was something new I was working on, had it saved for quite a while and by the time I figured out how to publish an article, it wouldn't be okayed because something else similar was written, which I argue is not really very similar, as I had totally different goofs in addition to the ones he had, meaning I had a more complete article (like bullets launching people in the air, no recoil, using guns akimbo, ammo capacity, how loud guns are, etc.)

Post up your article if you can. Even though it wouldn't be on a fancy web page, would still be a good read.

As far as gun recoil in films. I think if actors trained with live rounds they would be much more appreciative and respectful too. (But that would be extremely costly.) The only actors that I can think of that will actually fake the recoil are Eastwood and Costner. I also think Hanks faked the recoil at the end of Saving Private Ryan with his 1911. There could be a few others as well.

Gunmaster45 06-16-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 14597)
Post up your article if you can. Even though it wouldn't be on a fancy web page, would still be a good read.

As far as gun recoil in films. I think if actors trained with live rounds they would be much more appreciative and respectful too. (But that would be extremely costly.) The only actors that I can think of that will actually fake the recoil are Eastwood and Costner. I also think Hanks faked the recoil at the end of Saving Private Ryan with his 1911. There could be a few others as well.

I shall do that when I have more free time, still taking regents/final exams for school this week. x P. I'll post 1-11 each in seperate posts since the word limit will surely not allow me to post the whole article in one post.

S&Wshooter 06-16-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 14599)
I shall do that when I have more free time, still taking regents/final exams for school this week. x P. I'll post 1-11 each in seperate posts since the word limit will surely not allow me to post the whole article in one post.

You're still in school? That sucks dick

Swordfish941 06-17-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 14595)
They should have also noted the size of "silencers" used in films. Real ones are usually larger than the guns themselves.

Does that include cat silencers from that piece of shit Postal movie?

Excalibur 06-17-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 14595)

Well not TOO much bigger than guns they suppress really.