imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 09-17-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 19206)
Oh my God, Halo Reach sucks really bad. I'm really happy that I pre ordered Fallout instead

What don't you like about it? The campaign is a bit short, I'll admit, but what else?

S&Wshooter 09-17-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 19207)
What don't you like about it? The campaign is a bit short, I'll admit, but what else?

I can't really think of any specific reason. I guess it just seems lame

Excalibur 09-17-2010 07:44 PM

What are you talking about? After how disappointing Halo ODST was, Reach was amazing. A new graphics engine. More Spartans this time, it feels like a big war. What's there not to like? And don't say "No Master Chief". He's had enough of the spot light.

This game is at least felt better paced and longer than ODST.

There's SPACE COMBAT in this game. The music is just as good and it's a good send off for Bungie's last Halo game.

k9870 09-17-2010 07:48 PM

Not a halo guy, i started on ps2 then transferred to 360, so missed one and 2. Never got into it, multiplayer always frustrates me too. You do a mag dump with a rifle to kill somebody but the pistol is like a sniper rifle and drops people like the hand of god.

S&Wshooter 09-17-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 19209)
What are you talking about? After how disappointing Halo ODST was, Reach was amazing. A new graphics engine. More Spartans this time, it feels like a big war. What's there not to like? And don't say "No Master Chief". He's had enough of the spot light.

There's SPACE COMBAT in this game. The music is just as good and it's a good send off for Bungie's last Halo game.

I'd rather play the first Halo, which set a standard that no game in the series has been able to even get close to surpassing

funkychinaman 09-17-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 19209)

I'm so disappointed they don't have space combat in MP. A Space Combat Firefight would be awesome! They should have it as an add-on. I'd pay eight bucks for it.

I think it felt longer than ODST because the scale is more epic. ODST was originally supposed to be just an add-on, and it felt like it.

One thing that may turn people off is the sense of dread that permeates the whole campaign. It's a prequel, so you KNOW certain things can't happen.

funkychinaman 09-17-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 19211)
I'd rather play the first Halo, which set a standard that no game in the series has been able to even get close to surpassing

Halo 1 was fun, but if you look at it objectively, the weapons were messed up and the levels were frustrating. I went back to play Halo 1 with a friend after Halo 3 came out, and it just came across as really unpolished.

S&Wshooter 09-17-2010 08:01 PM

You know what'd be badass? A game sorta like GTA IV, but with a better aiming system, pistols only (with like 25 different choices), a driving system that doesn't suck and there aren't so many damn car chases

S&Wshooter 09-21-2010 12:44 AM

I saw Survival of the Dead the other day. Pure awesome. Good special effects, characters were likeable and their was a bit of comedy too

Excalibur 09-21-2010 01:51 AM

Well today, I just saw the The Town and it was pretty good.