imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So many Glock's. Which is your favorite (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2091)

k9870 11-27-2012 09:57 PM

the 19/23 size is more confortable in hand, i find the 17/22 unconfortable. Im getting a 19 soon, i wish there were no dumbfinger grooves but i can put up with them and get them grinded down and retextured at a later date

Excalibur 11-27-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 36940)
Yah, a friend of mine carries one himself, and if I were stranded in Alaska, it would be handy, but I would hate to have to fight with the thing.

10mm is for MEN. MEN carry steel guns. lol

My buddy had to qualify with the 10mm before he was allowed to carry it and he handles it pretty bad ass.

The whole real men needs steel gun is too old fashion. Plastic fantastic is the way of the future

S&Wshooter 11-28-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 36946)
My buddy had to qualify with the 10mm before he was allowed to carry it and he handles it pretty bad ass.

The whole real men needs steel gun is too old fashion. Plastic fantastic is the way of the future

I guess pistol whippin' is going to become a lost art, then

SPEMack618 11-28-2012 12:24 AM

*head-desk*

As much as loathe 9x19mm FMJ NATO hardball, I took solace in the fact that my M-9 was a solid chunk of steel.

The M-45 is almost enough to make we want to re-enlist in the Marines. Almost.

Excalibur 11-28-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 36947)
I guess pistol whippin' is going to become a lost art, then

Was it ever? Also you can pistol whip someone with a Glock. The slide's still metal

SPEMack618 11-28-2012 01:14 AM

Well, if the Patriot and assorted westerns are to be believed, then bfore the advent of the self contained cartridge, pistol whipping was an effective combat techinque.

Furthermore, I once saw my Platoon Sergeant, who is a deputy sheriff, in real life pistol whip a Taliban fighter who was rather velhemently resisting being flexi cuffed and shoved in the back of a Humvee.

When I queired him about it, he only replied

"Things were different before cell phones."

Rockwolf66 11-28-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 36951)
Well, if the Patriot and assorted westerns are to be believed, then bfore the advent of the self contained cartridge, pistol whipping was an effective combat techinque.

Furthermore, I once saw my Platoon Sergeant, who is a deputy sheriff, in real life pistol whip a Taliban fighter who was rather velhemently resisting being flexi cuffed and shoved in the back of a Humvee.

When I queired him about it, he only replied

"Things were different before cell phones."

Well they still make the Alternate Force Block .

It seems that some people might still need to pistol whip someone.

Jcordell 11-28-2012 02:24 PM

I carry a Glock 19 on duty and a Glock 26 as my backup/off-duty pistol. Though I sometimes also carry my Glock 19 when off-duty. It's interesting to note that the OP lists Australia as his/her home. So this is really a moot question for the OP. Unless he/she is planning on moving to the U.S. and becoming a U.S. citizen.

k9870 11-28-2012 02:40 PM

I got the glock as a step up in carry pistol. If im wearing an open carry holster gun, its the CZ.

Excalibur 11-28-2012 05:35 PM

The Glock really is an everyman gun. It's simple, easy to take down and shoot, no external safeties to worry about. Point and shoot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 36959)
It's interesting to note that the OP lists Australia as his/her home. So this is really a moot question for the OP. Unless he/she is planning on moving to the U.S. and becoming a U.S. citizen.

He/She also listed hobbies as making homemade weapons...make sense since that country won't allow you to have REAL weapons