imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 12-03-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33414)
Anybody got video of an actual FAD all im finding is mw3 gameplay

I thought it was a prototype gun that hasn't even been fielded yet

k9870 12-03-2011 04:41 PM

ah may be, i know it stands for dual automatic rifle and was wondering what that meant.

Excalibur 12-03-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33418)
ah may be, i know it stands for dual automatic rifle and was wondering what that meant.

I don't speak Peru

S&Wshooter 12-03-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 33419)
I don't speak Peru

Their official language is Spanish

funkychinaman 12-03-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 33420)
Their official language is Spanish

I worked with a girl who's parents were from Peru. All I know is that they had a Japanese guy as prime minister and they eat guinea pigs.

k9870 12-03-2011 10:29 PM

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314185

FAD has been made

Spartan198 12-04-2011 07:05 AM

Got The Eagle and the new Conan the Barbarian, watching the former right now. Totally improper use of the testudo formation. It's purpose was to shield the legionaries from arrows, javelins, and spears, not as a close order CQB formation.

funkychinaman 12-06-2011 05:56 AM

When Hollywood decides to remake a movie that came out the year you graduated high school, you get to feel a little old. If that's not a rule, it should be.

Frankly, this can go either way.

Spartan198 12-06-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33456)
When Hollywood decides to remake a movie that came out the year you graduated high school, you get to feel a little old. If that's not a rule, it should be.

Frankly, this can go either way.

As long as they make the Mobile Infantry look like a competent fighting force this time around, I'm all for it.

Rockwolf66 12-06-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 33458)
As long as they make the Mobile Infantry look like a competent fighting force this time around, I'm all for it.

That's what we all hope. Unfortunatly we can't put a gun to the director's head to make them stay true to the spirit and the story of heinland's novel.

Personally I don't want to listen to MPM bitch about this new version of Starship troopers.

k9870 12-06-2011 02:50 PM

Ill hold judgement till more details are out, im interested for sure.

k9870 12-06-2011 11:51 PM

mw3 hybrid sight sucks i have to flip down the magnifyer as it starts up it should start in the down position

mpe2010 12-07-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33456)
When Hollywood decides to remake a movie that came out the year you graduated high school, you get to feel a little old. If that's not a rule, it should be.

Frankly, this can go either way.

I would be cool if they filmed it where they filmed the first one, I live less than 50 miles away.

funkychinaman 12-09-2011 05:31 AM

Well THAT didn't take long...

Whoever had "just under six months" from release to five dollar bin for DNF, come collect your money...

funkychinaman 12-09-2011 05:42 AM

Ugh...

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...mers-film.html

Rockwolf66 12-09-2011 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33484)
Well THAT didn't take long...

Whoever had "just under six months" from release to five dollar bin for DNF, come collect your money...

And the people who made DNF have started crying that "It's not a steaming pile of crap. You just don't understand the retrocool genius that is Duke Nukem Forever."


[Barracuda]"If you keep whining like a bitch I'm going to do you like a bitch."[/Barracuda]

funkychinaman 12-09-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 33486)
And the people who made DNF have started crying that "It's not a steaming pile of crap. You just don't understand the retrocool genius that is Duke Nukem Forever."


[Barracuda]"If you keep whining like a bitch I'm going to do you like a bitch."[/Barracuda]

I'd actually buy it, but I already bought a used copy from Gamefly for six bucks. So yes, I overpaid.

Evil Tim 12-09-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 33486)
And the people who made DNF have started crying that "It's not a steaming pile of crap. You just don't understand the retrocool genius that is Duke Nukem Forever."

The funny thing is it's not even retro, it's a laundry list of every bad idea from the last ten years of videogames. If it was retro it wouldn't have limited inventory, pointless physics gimmicks, regenerating health...

The Wierd It 12-11-2011 06:26 PM

New trailer for Metal Gear: Rising.

Looks like the PMCs swapped their SCARs for F2000s.

k9870 12-11-2011 07:27 PM

mw3 has announced my signature weapon in the game at this point will be nerfed, damn noobs bitch about everything eventually every gun will suck at this rate, iw doesn't rebalance, they make everything completely useless....

Excalibur 12-12-2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33506)
mw3 has announced my signature weapon in the game at this point will be nerfed, damn noobs bitch about everything eventually every gun will suck at this rate, iw doesn't rebalance, they make everything completely useless....

And what is your weapon of choice?

Swordfish941 12-12-2011 03:14 AM

I have been watching A LOT of Batman: The Animated Series. It's awesome. And Mark Hamill is awesome as The Joker.

k9870 12-12-2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 33510)
And what is your weapon of choice?

Type 95:) Burst fire FTW

funkychinaman 12-12-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33511)
I have been watching A LOT of Batman: The Animated Series. It's awesome. And Mark Hamill is awesome as The Joker.

The entire DCAU is great. It's just a shame they put an end to it. Check out Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Spartan198 12-12-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wierd It (Post 33505)
New trailer for Metal Gear: Rising.

Looks like the PMCs swapped their SCARs for F2000s.

It could be a different PMC than any of the ones in MGS4.

Evil Tim 12-12-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 33514)
It could be a different PMC than any of the ones in MGS4.

You know, I really don't think this is the right place to look if you want strict adherence to MGS canon rather than making things up that sound awesome. Not that Kojima ever cared much for canon himself, mind.

funkychinaman 12-12-2011 09:09 PM

Brilliant, and yet a little pathetic...

Spartan198 12-13-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 33516)
You know, I really don't think this is the right place to look if you want strict adherence to MGS canon rather than making things up that sound awesome. Not that Kojima ever cared much for canon himself, mind.

How is what I said not a reasonable assumption for a game that has yet to be released?

Swordfish941 12-13-2011 04:29 PM

The new G.I. Joe movie looks pretty good. And plus, there is little to no Channing Tatum.

Also, I made another GI Joe cast. Check it out:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=47565

Spartan198 12-13-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33521)
The new G.I. Joe movie looks pretty good. And plus, there is little to no Channing Tatum.

Also, I made another GI Joe cast. Check it out:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=47565

AG36 can't attach to an HK416.

Swordfish941 12-13-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 33524)
AG36 can't attach to an HK416.

Oh really? Then tell me, what is this?:

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/b/bb/HK416wAG36.jpg

Anyway, what do you think of my cast?

S&Wshooter 12-13-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33525)
Oh really? Then tell me, what is this?:

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/b/bb/HK416wAG36.jpg

What is this sorcery!?!

Quick, get the burning stake and torches so we can punish this man, who has obviously signed a contract with the Devil himself for the ability to commit acts against humanity and God!

Excalibur 12-14-2011 12:11 AM

I was going to say. DAMN. If only the 416 had some sort of....RAIL...to ATTACH things onto it with ease and if the AG36 had some sort of...clamp that would allow it to SLIDE in and lock in place...WOW, that would be awesome. Truly it would be a Future Weapon!

S&Wshooter 12-14-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 33529)
I was going to say. DAMN. If only the 416 had some sort of....RAIL...to ATTACH things onto it with ease and if the AG36 had some sort of...clamp that would allow it to SLIDE in and lock in place...WOW, that would be awesome. Truly it would be a Future Weapon!

Such talk is madness!

The Wierd It 12-14-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33525)
Oh really? Then tell me, what is this?:

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/b/bb/HK416wAG36.jpg

Anyway, what do you think of my cast?

A 416 with a GLM? The AG36 is the one designed to mount in place of the G36 handguard.

Spartan198 12-14-2011 01:56 AM

I love being right all the time. :D

Swordfish941 12-14-2011 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wierd It (Post 33531)
A 416 with a GLM? The AG36 is the one designed to mount in place of the G36 handguard.

Thank you for correcting me.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the new GI Joe movie (and my cast).

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSX2oxLdcWA

S&Wshooter 12-14-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33533)
Thank you for correcting me.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the new GI Joe movie (and my cast).

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSX2oxLdcWA

Hold on now, I dragged this damn heathen burnin' stake out of the garage, and it's gonna getting some us 'fer I lug the sumbitch back in there

funkychinaman 12-14-2011 02:28 AM

Speaking of trailers, did anyone see the new Battleship trailer? It's what I'd imagine what would happen if Michael Bay was allowed to remake The Abyss.

Swordfish941 12-14-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33535)
Speaking of trailers, did anyone see the new Battleship trailer? It's what I'd imagine what would happen if Michael Bay was allowed to remake The Abyss.

If Bay ever touches The Abyss, I'll beat him to a pulp with a crowbar.

Anyway, the new GI Joe looks like a huge improvement over the last one. I just hope we see little of Channing Tatum in the movie (or better yet, have him killed off).


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.