imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ace Combat series (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2583)

Spartan198 03-03-2019 08:58 PM

Ace Combat series

Assault Horizon is the only one with any semblance of real effort put into it, while the rest are mostly just pages with images of guns and little else. Seriously, AC4 dates back to the PS2, so if anyone was going to cap it, it would have been done by now.

Maybe with the exception of Assault Horizon, how about we turn on the SAMs and put those lame ducks into the deck?

funkychinaman 03-03-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44550)
Assault Horizon is the only one with any semblance of real effort put into it, while the rest are mostly just pages with images of guns and little else. Seriously, AC4 dates back to the PS2, so if anyone was going to cap it, it would have been done by now.

Maybe with the exception of Assault Horizon, how about we turn on the SAMs and put those lame ducks into the deck?

AC6 is at least backward compatible with XB1. I've been playing while waiting for the price on AC7 to come down. But agreed, a series with this any lame duck entries probably doesn't deserve a template.

Spartan198 03-04-2019 12:02 AM

I wasn't aware AC6 was BC. That at least leaves it a chance, which isn't something we can say about the PS2 entries.

I do sometimes question why some of the entries for aircraft cannons really merit inclusion. For the likes to the A-10, Su-25, and Harrier where the gun is actually visible on the aircraft, I get it. For others, like the F/A-18 Hornet, F-4E, and F-14, we're essentially just IDing a hole in an area of the fuselage where the bullets come out. I'm not trying to force a change of policy or anything as I totally get it's done for informational purposes, just kind of musing on the irony that, technically, we're IDing something that's not actually there, you know?

funkychinaman 03-04-2019 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44554)
I wasn't aware AC6 was BC. That at least leaves it a chance, which isn't something we can say about the PS2 entries.

I do sometimes question why some of the entries for aircraft cannons really merit inclusion. For the likes to the A-10, Su-25, and Harrier where the gun is actually visible on the aircraft, I get it. For others, like the F/A-18 Hornet, F-4E, and F-14, we're essentially just IDing a hole in an area of the fuselage where the bullets come out. I'm not trying to force a change of policy or anything as I totally get it's done for informational purposes, just kind of musing on the irony that, technically, we're IDing something that's not actually there, you know?

I just noticed it on the BC list last week. I think we're past questioning the logic of it. If they can't get a cap, it'll be incomplete. If it's incomplete for long enough, it'll be deleted.

Spartan198 03-04-2019 02:24 AM

Works for me.