imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 11-11-2011 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33116)
I might buy Gears of War 2 this week. It's pretty much impossible to beat the first one (fucking General Ramm and his Kryll). :mad:

You can beat it in coop. A lot easier with a second guy helping you but I did ok on the easiest setting

k9870 11-11-2011 05:03 AM

raam can be beaty on the easiest setting, run past him, get on the turrett

Spartan198 11-11-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 33114)
I've been playing MW3 and it is pretty good

How's the SP campaign? Epic like CoD4 or a terrible Red Dawn ripoff like MW2?

S&Wshooter 11-11-2011 06:11 AM

Beat BF3 before my brother did, which really pissed him off since it's his game

I beat The Ballad of Gay Tony as well

S&Wshooter 11-12-2011 02:55 AM

I'm liking Skyrim more than Oblivion

funkychinaman 11-12-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33116)
I might buy Gears of War 2 this week. It's pretty much impossible to beat the first one (fucking General Ramm and his Kryll). :mad:

They have a three pack with 1, 2, and the DLC from 2.

Excalibur 11-12-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 33119)
How's the SP campaign? Epic like CoD4 or a terrible Red Dawn ripoff like MW2?

Well there was only TWO mission in the US and the rest is on the other side of the world. The game is pretty intense like always

Swordfish941 11-12-2011 10:42 PM

My little brother called me a n00b just because I bought Gears of War 2. He's the really noob since he's only played MW 2 and a bunch of sport games.

BeardedHoplite 11-13-2011 01:19 AM

The flea market is good for something other than bootleg DVDs and taco! I scored an N64 and Goldeneye for 20 bucks.

k9870 11-16-2011 12:23 AM

why did assassins creed add tower defense?

Swordfish941 11-16-2011 03:00 AM

Immortals looks fucking awesome.

funkychinaman 11-16-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33171)
why did assassins creed add tower defense?

Holy crap, did they? In Revelations?

funkychinaman 11-16-2011 03:33 AM

Picked up DNF and Homefront for six and seven bucks respectively from Gamefly. Meh, why not?

k9870 11-16-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33182)
Holy crap, did they? In Revelations?

unfortunately

funkychinaman 11-16-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33184)
unfortunately

Is it bad? I love tower defense.

Excalibur 11-16-2011 04:25 AM

But you have to keep going back to it and keep doing it

k9870 11-16-2011 04:32 AM

tower defense is for arcade games not assassins creed.

funkychinaman 11-16-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 33186)
But you have to keep going back to it and keep doing it

Oh, it's part of the actual campaign and not some side game? Oh, yeah, I can see how that can be a pain in the ass.

Spartan198 11-16-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 33181)
Immortals looks fucking awesome.

It is.

10 characters

k9870 11-16-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33188)
Oh, it's part of the actual campaign and not some side game? Oh, yeah, I can see how that can be a pain in the ass.

it is, id rathe rbe out stabbin dudes. And theres first person platforming as desmond which sucks.

S&Wshooter 11-16-2011 05:44 PM

Why the hell is it so difficult to stealthily complete the Dark Brotherhood missions? I shot one target in the head with the best arrow I could find using the best bow available to me while hidden, and all he did was lose 5% of his health and starting yelling. I tried to sneak up on another target, but she always knew where I was (even when I tried to shank her while she was sleeping)

I miss the fact that sneak criticals were actually useful in Oblivion instead of only doing a tiny percentage more damage than normal, like in Skyrim

Swordfish941 11-21-2011 12:09 AM

Just came back from seeing Immortals. It was freakin' awesome and waay better than 300.

k9870 11-24-2011 04:51 PM

so after i win the civil war im told stormcloak camps are out in the hills i should destroy...and i cant find them

Swordfish941 11-24-2011 11:55 PM

I saw The Muppets today. It was pretty good (even though I wanted to see In Time).

Spartan198 11-25-2011 05:18 AM

I've watched Battle: Los Angeles twice today. Not really new, I know, but I just felt like telling someone that.

S&Wshooter 11-25-2011 07:15 AM

I watched Push a couple hours ago, after shutting off Drive Angry (which I, unfortunately, paid $5 to watch through On Demand) after 10 minutes becasue it was so stupid

funkychinaman 11-25-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 33289)
I watched Push a couple hours ago, after shutting off Drive Angry (which I, unfortunately, paid $5 to watch through On Demand) after 10 minutes becasue it was so stupid

I don't know what you were expecting. The blurb on the IMFDB page is "Drive Angry 3D is a 2011 "grindhouse"-style action movie that stars Nicolas Cage as a man who escapes from Hell in order to save a kidnapped infant from a cult that also murdered his daughter." When I first saw it, I actually thought someone had vandalized the page. I thought "There is NO WAY that's the actual plot. That's silly even by Nick Cage standards."

k9870 12-01-2011 04:08 PM

Mw3 is hard, its all compressed and made for run and gun players spraying full auto running around, not riflemen like me. Black ops i was good at and i fail at mw3. I just unlocked the type 95 though, which i heard complaints that its an overpowered noob gun, which means ill use it. i don't get the "gamers" who wont be happy until every gun sucks.

Excalibur 12-02-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33380)
Mw3 is hard, its all compressed and made for run and gun players spraying full auto running around, not riflemen like me. Black ops i was good at and i fail at mw3. I just unlocked the type 95 though, which i heard complaints that its an overpowered noob gun, which means ill use it. i don't get the "gamers" who wont be happy until every gun sucks.

I wouldn't say the Type 95 is an overpowered noob gun, a LOT of people hate burst weapons because they prefer the spray and pray. I like the burst because I can get more accurate follow up shots at long range.

k9870 12-02-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 33383)
I wouldn't say the Type 95 is an overpowered noob gun, a LOT of people hate burst weapons because they prefer the spray and pray. I like the burst because I can get more accurate follow up shots at long range.

i dont think its overpowered, ive always tolerated noob toob and p90s though so im weird. It is a run and gunner game now though and long distance accuracy isnt viable like it used to be,

k9870 12-02-2011 06:09 PM

Yeah everybody bitches about the type 95, got a pm calling me a noob. Seriously these people just want all guns to sck so they can go around dumping mags.

S&Wshooter 12-02-2011 06:20 PM

I started playing Max Payne 2 again last night. I might start up the first game as well just for the hell of it

funkychinaman 12-02-2011 10:04 PM

I got BF3 on Black Friday, and I've been playing the campaign. That first carrier mission might be the prettiest/silliest mission I've ever played in any video game ever. It's absolutely gorgeous. You can always feel the rain, heck, I almost got a little motion sick, and then.... it became a rail shooter?

Excalibur 12-02-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33399)
I got BF3 on Black Friday, and I've been playing the campaign. That first carrier mission might be the prettiest/silliest mission I've ever played in any video game ever. It's absolutely gorgeous. You can always feel the rain, heck, I almost got a little motion sick, and then.... it became a rail shooter?

I think my brother said it best when I played it "I'd rather watch grass grow and paint dry than play that mission again"

k9870 12-03-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 33399)
I got BF3 on Black Friday, and I've been playing the campaign. That first carrier mission might be the prettiest/silliest mission I've ever played in any video game ever. It's absolutely gorgeous. You can always feel the rain, heck, I almost got a little motion sick, and then.... it became a rail shooter?

your insane for doing black friday

funkychinaman 12-03-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33402)
your insane for doing black friday

I drank two cups of coffee before I left Thanksgiving at my uncle's place, so I was amped up. I would normally avoid it, but I was up and I was hoping to get a good price on MW3. Ended up with BF3 instead, and got to see the insanity.

k9870 12-03-2011 04:53 AM

never shopped one, i worked 2 black fridays and have no interest in it, lines, crowds, no parking....it sucks. Everyone is insane that day too.

funkychinaman 12-03-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33405)
never shopped one, i worked 2 black fridays and have no interest in it, lines, crowds, no parking....it sucks. Everyone is insane that day too.

I didn't actually wait in line, I don't think I arrived at Best Buy until around 1:30. I wouldn't have waited in line. But you could see the piles of coffee cups and newspapers strewn outside. I also went to Walmart and Target. I bet the army of cops that were there appreciated the overtime.

I swore I'd never go, and looking back, I don't think I should have. It pretty much killed my Friday, and I could've waited on the game. But I look at it like my brother did at going to New Year's Eve in Times Square: go once to see what it was like, and then never go again because it's a pain in the ass.

BeardedHoplite 12-03-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 33405)
never shopped one, i worked 2 black fridays and have no interest in it, lines, crowds, no parking....it sucks. Everyone is insane that day too.

I actually like going to Black Friday sales, except I go around 5. I miss the opening deals, yeah, but I avoid all the craziness, the lines to cash out and getting stabbed over parking.

And it's not like the stores (at least the ones I go to) are cleaned out; I went to Wal-Mart and found a stack of TVs talled than me. I got all my shopping done.

k9870 12-03-2011 04:06 PM

Anybody got video of an actual FAD all im finding is mw3 gameplay


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.