imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Spartan198 09-26-2019 04:27 AM

Just got GTA San Andreas free on PC for installing the Rockstar Games launcher. Sounded like a great deal, then I go looking for some mods (Glock 17, M4 from SWAT, Pursuit Special from Mad Max, etc) and find out the version of the game acquired through said launcher doesn't support mods. At all.

Nice job, Rockstar. :rolleyes: At least it was free and thus I didn't lose any money on it.

Spartan198 09-29-2019 10:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yas0yPbLU

Looks good. I hope it airs here at some point.

Evil Tim 10-28-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 44661)
My apologies for my absence, they went and made a new Ace Combat and a new Devil May Cry both of which were actually good this time, and I was undone.

And then a new EDF game came out, so there's that. :P

funkychinaman 11-04-2019 06:05 PM

As I've been saying, it's never a great sign when sequels start ignoring previous films.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/03/a...ox-office.html

Excalibur 11-05-2019 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44813)
As I've been saying, it's never a great sign when sequels start ignoring previous films.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/03/a...ox-office.html

No surprise this movie bombed. The last one was just terrible but it was a retread. This one is just a kick in the dick for the previous movies

funkychinaman 11-05-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 44814)
No surprise this movie bombed. The last one was just terrible but it was a retread. This one is just a kick in the dick for the previous movies

I'm ready to blow up the franchise (for good) and go for a straight remake. No more trying to explain why there's a septuagenarian Terminator running around. No more ignoring movies and TV shows because the timeline is convoluted. Just start over.

Excalibur 11-06-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44816)
I'm ready to blow up the franchise (for good) and go for a straight remake. No more trying to explain why there's a septuagenarian Terminator running around. No more ignoring movies and TV shows because the timeline is convoluted. Just start over.

They really can't make these into good movies as long as they let current social trends dictate the art.

Ultimate94ninja 11-06-2019 05:16 PM

I have no interest in watching this movie at all. The plot was already shitty as I watched the trailers, and now I read its actual events that completely destroyed the franchise. It is indeed a big insult to the first two films.

Not to mention that the cast completely sucks as well. Linda was probably the only one who could potentially save the film, but I guess this was to no avail? (that's a question to the ones who actually watched it). The Rev-9 terminator looks way too innocent; the producers should have chosen someone else (an actor similar to Robert Patrick in T2) to make him even remotely scary. As for the character Grace, another actress similar to Kristanna Loken in T3 would have definitely done a better job.

funkychinaman 11-06-2019 06:00 PM

If a Terminator film with Arnold, Linda Hamilton and James Cameron doesn't work, then what's left to do?

I liked the direction they were going in with Salvation, they should've stayed in the future.

Ultimate94ninja 11-06-2019 06:06 PM

I liked Salvation as well. Bale's performance was outstanding in it.

Spartan198 11-07-2019 08:27 PM

I've been saying ever since it released to panned reviews that Salvation is an incredibly underrated and underappreciated movie.

Ultimate94ninja 11-07-2019 11:26 PM

Project IGI is back :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOh0VvNKXX0

Excalibur 11-15-2019 04:55 AM

Just saw the first episode of Man in the High Castle season 4 and I saw AKs in this alternate timeline

Excalibur 11-22-2019 07:23 PM

I saw Gemini Man so I can get started on the page. A lot of non standard guns in this movie

Spartan198 12-02-2019 12:08 AM

Okay, I really didn't like how the new CoD teased me by giving me a Mk 18 with a fire selector in the first mission, then reverting back to almost every gun being full auto only for the rest of the game. Working fire selectors and +1 in the chamber tracking are ALL I ask for, guys! :mad:

I am wondering how Urzikistan (or whatever Farah's fictional country was called) is a desert when, considering its location placed on maps shown in the game, it should be primarily forested, though.

Excalibur 12-02-2019 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44851)
Okay, I really didn't like how the new CoD teased me by giving me a Mk 18 with a fire selector in the first mission, then reverting back to almost every gun being full auto only for the rest of the game. Working fire selectors and +1 in the chamber tracking are ALL I ask for, guys! :mad:

I am wondering how Urzikistan (or whatever Farah's fictional country was called) is a desert when, considering its location placed on maps shown in the game, it should be primarily forested, though.

I think developers thought "NOT Syria" is mostly a desert and not a lot of mountains either.

Also, the MK 18 in the first mission with a fire selector to semi also was false hopes for me when the rest of the game didn't have it. I think selecting semi is a feature for multiplayer...which is stupid.

Excalibur 12-12-2019 01:38 AM

Resident Evil 3 remake trailer is out and there's a developer's video showing more stuff. Looks like we're getting the M4 back and now Jill starts off with a Glock of all things.

Mazryonh 01-29-2020 12:24 AM

Is anyone here going to do a page for the Terminator: Resistance game? There are some realistic-looking firearms there (amongst the Phased Plasma Rifles in the 40 Watt Range) and the game itself is supposedly "surprisingly good," as well as the only officially-licensed depiction we'll get of the Future War era depicted in T2.

funkychinaman 01-29-2020 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 44877)
Is anyone here going to do a page for the Terminator: Resistance game? There are some realistic-looking firearms there (amongst the Phased Plasma Rifles in the 40 Watt Range) and the game itself is supposedly "surprisingly good," as well as the only officially-licensed depiction we'll get of the Future War era depicted in T2.

Given the history of the franchise when it comes to games, "surprisingly good" means it's not absolutely terrible.

Looks like it's hovering around 50 for Metacritic.

Mazryonh 01-29-2020 05:14 AM

There are fan reviews that take issue with the mainstream media's views on the game, like this one. Regardless, I think it deserves inclusion on the wiki once someone has the means and the time.

funkychinaman 01-29-2020 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 44879)
There are fan reviews that take issue with the mainstream media's views on the game, like this one. Regardless, I think it deserves inclusion on the wiki once someone has the means and the time.

It appears to be otherwise eligible.

S&Wshooter 02-01-2020 07:12 PM

So am I the only one that saw Bad Boys For Life and didn't hate it?

Excalibur 02-03-2020 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 44886)
So am I the only one that saw Bad Boys For Life and didn't hate it?

I like it...just thought the twist felt like a different Will Smith movie that came out recently...except less of the premise and more of a cliche

Spartan198 02-29-2020 08:40 PM

Ten seasons for Hawaii Five-0. Not a bad run, considering I never thought it would last for two.

Mazryonh 06-06-2020 08:31 PM

A June 2020 video of the SWAT-police-centric Ready Or Not is not looking very promising. SWAT 4 (the last serious attempt at a SWAT police simulator) looked simpler and easier to learn, and a project this size with a team this small makes it look like they may be in over their heads.

Excalibur 06-12-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44894)
Ten seasons for Hawaii Five-0. Not a bad run, considering I never thought it would last for two.

Kinda sad to see it go. One of my favorite shows

Spartan198 06-12-2020 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 44983)
Kinda sad to see it go. One of my favorite shows

Kind of a blessing in disguise with the way things are going now. I think we all know that the likes of SWAT and Law & Order will cow down to the Left and start demonizing police officers in order to stay on the air.

Jcordell 06-12-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 44886)
So am I the only one that saw Bad Boys For Life and didn't hate it?

It was ok. Better than the second installment. They've been talking about a fourth one, but in this current political/social environment I suspect that might be put on the back-burner or just junked outright.

funkychinaman 06-12-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 44985)
It was ok. Better than the second installment. They've been talking about a fourth one, but in this current political/social environment I suspect that might be put on the back-burner or just junked outright.

I think you'd have to really work at it to be worse than the second one.

funkychinaman 06-23-2020 02:37 PM

Asterisk: Keaton will be play *a* Batman, since it sounds like he's playing Thomas Wayne.

https://www.thewrap.com/batman-retur...e-flash-movie/

Does it bother anyone else that they're doing Flashpoint again? Not only are they loosely adapting established stories (like how BvS was a poor man's DKR), but you need to establish the universe before mixing it up. This Flash has only been in one film so far.

Spartan198 06-24-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44991)
Asterisk: Keaton will be play *a* Batman, since it sounds like he's playing Thomas Wayne.

https://www.thewrap.com/batman-retur...e-flash-movie/

There was no mention of him playing Thomas Wayne anywhere in the article, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

Quote:

Does it bother anyone else that they're doing Flashpoint again? Not only are they loosely adapting established stories (like how BvS was a poor man's DKR), but you need to establish the universe before mixing it up. This Flash has only been in one film so far.
The DCEU has been floundering ever since Justice League, with the Arrowverse pretty much putting it to shame. I mean, Crisis on Infinite Earths was miles better than anything they've offered on the big screen since The Dark Knight. And Ezra's cameo in it was basically studio meddling by WB, probably to keep his version of Barry on fans minds due to his solo movie still a while off (Marc Guggenheim stated in an interview that they had already wrapped production on Crisis when someone from WB called and said they wanted Ezra in it). I think WB wants to firmly and quickly cement the existence of the Multiverse in the DCEU simply so they can point to the Arrowverse and draw on its success by saying, "Look, we exist in their continuity, too!" But I highly doubt there will ever be any further crossover between the DCEU and Arrowverse.

funkychinaman 06-24-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44993)
There was no mention of him playing Thomas Wayne anywhere in the article, so I'm not sure where you got that from.


I just figured older actor (Keaton is pushing seventy) + Batman + Flashpoint = Thomas Wayne. True, he could still be playing Burton Bruce Wayne in a multiverse story, but that seems a bit convoluted for a single movie (Crisis was what, half a dozen episodes?)

Spartan198 06-25-2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44994)
I just figured older actor (Keaton is pushing seventy) + Batman + Flashpoint = Thomas Wayne. True, he could still be playing Burton Bruce Wayne in a multiverse story, but that seems a bit convoluted for a single movie (Crisis was what, half a dozen episodes?)

Everything I'm reading on it says he's reprising as Burtonverse Wayne with the story set 30 years after the conclusion of Returns (Forever and Batman & Robin are being disregarded). They're basically taking real time into account. Keep in mind, DCEU Flashpoint may be a much looser adaption of the story, much like the Arrowverse adaption prior to it, rather than following the comic story to a T.

Crisis was five episodes (Supergirl, Batwoman, The Flash, Legends, and Arrow) and one tie-in "bonus" episode of Black Lightning that was independent of the Crisis story but ended with the Antimatter wave wiping out its unnumbered Earth.

funkychinaman 08-24-2020 04:11 AM

Sorry
 
Spartan, I thought I was posting a reply to your message, and it turned out I was editing it instead. I couldn't revert the message, so I just deleted. Can you repost?

Sorry about that.

Ultimate94ninja 08-24-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 45042)
I couldn't revert the message, so I just deleted.

You probably have the ability to view the edit history of other people's messages, don't you? It would have allowed you to restore the old version.

funkychinaman 08-24-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate94ninja (Post 45043)
You probably have the ability to view the edit history of other people's messages, don't you? It would have allowed you to restore the old version.

That's what got me in trouble in the first place. The edit button is right next to the quote button, and I clicked on the wrong button. I can't find a way to go to an older version, unfortunately.

Spartan198 08-24-2020 05:26 PM

Not a problem. I've done the same thing a couple times on forums I run, so don't worry about it. :)

I've seen some faux HK416s before, but this one takes the cake.

https://i1.wp.com/www.actionreloaded...40%2C944&ssl=1

Couldn't they have at least used A2 receivers when building this thing?

funkychinaman 09-08-2020 11:30 AM

https://movieweb.com/james-bond-henr...gence-casting/

The top three British choices are good, the top international pick would also work, the other two would be disastrous.

Spartan198 09-08-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 45070)
https://movieweb.com/james-bond-henr...gence-casting/

The top three British choices are good, the top international pick would also work, the other two would be disastrous.

You gotta know somebody out there in Hollywood is throwing a fit because both black actors got smaller percentages than any of the white ones. :rolleyes:

funkychinaman 09-09-2020 02:35 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Jq2Sgq1.png


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.