imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Unwelcome Visitor (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1109)

Rockwolf66 06-22-2010 06:06 AM

Unwelcome Visitor

Well I had a visitor tonight. It was a giant racoon that has been raiding my fishpond. I was watching Raw Deal and I look out the back padio doors and I see it. I walk over to the gunsafe and take out a .223 rifle. i crack open the padio door and took aim right between it's beedy little eyes. I then put the rifle back and shut the door.

Unfortunatly while the animal is a nusence I'm in an urban area and I don't have a way to properly dispose of it without disturbing the neighbors. I could try driving it off with an airsoft gun but i don't want to just piss it off.

Now If i was living out in the country evryone would be getting a nice photo of me showing off a nice point blank kill.

k9870 06-22-2010 12:12 PM

Some air rifles get mean velocity look at a few of those.

Excalibur 06-22-2010 01:40 PM

Some of the high end Airsoft do go higher than 400 fps. I've seen rifles capable of doing 700 FPS

Spartan198 06-22-2010 02:38 PM

Even something in the 200 to 300 FPS range would likely be more than enough to teach any little rodents to stay away.

Just hope none of your neighbors are PETA members/supporters. You do NOT want that shit complicating your life. Believe me on that... :mad:

k9870 06-22-2010 03:12 PM

My friend killed a fox with a pump up air rifle try one out

Gunmaster45 06-22-2010 06:10 PM

If you use anything other than a bullet to kill a raccoon, make damn sure it's dead in one shot. They're small but they're tough little bastards and they get really pissed off when you shoot them. One customer was telling my dad how he shot a raccoon with a .177 and then later in the night the same raccoon tried to break into his bedroom window just to attack him. Aim for the eyes or something soft to make sure you hit vitals.

Gunmaster45 06-22-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 14716)
Well I had a visitor tonight. It was a giant racoon that has been raiding my fishpond. I was watching Raw Deal and I look out the back padio doors and I see it. I walk over to the gunsafe and take out a .223 rifle. i crack open the padio door and took aim right between it's beedy little eyes. I then put the rifle back and shut the door.

Unfortunatly while the animal is a nusence I'm in an urban area and I don't have a way to properly dispose of it without disturbing the neighbors. I could try driving it off with an airsoft gun but i don't want to just piss it off.

Now If i was living out in the country evryone would be getting a nice photo of me showing off a nice point blank kill.

You could always just shoot it anyway and say your rifle had an accidental discharge on your lawn. Hide the dead raccoon first of course. ;)

Swordfish941 06-22-2010 07:01 PM

Is there any way you can get rid of your moocher of a guest without killing it ( I think the only time you should kill animals is if they have rabies or if you're hunting)?

Excalibur 06-22-2010 07:47 PM

You can get a dog

Swordfish941 06-22-2010 10:41 PM

Here's an idea that doesn't involve hurting the racoon: you leave a big pile of food out for it, and while it's busy eating, drop a net on him.