imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gun purchases thread. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1842)

MT2008 05-06-2022 12:17 AM

So, not that anyone asked for it, but here we go: Real Steyr SPP, and rubber Steyr SPP from the movie "Stratton" (which I purchased from Propstore). Can you tell which is which?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/d/d7/MT2008-SteyrSPPs-1.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/images/4/41/MT2008-SteyrSPPs-2.jpg

Spartan198 05-06-2022 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 45441)
So, not that anyone asked for it, but here we go: Real Steyr SPP, and rubber Steyr SPP from the movie "Stratton" (which I purchased from Propstore). Can you tell which is which?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:MT2008-SteyrSPPs-1.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:MT2008-SteyrSPPs-2.jpg

(For some reason, I can't get my images to show up using the Insert Image function anymore.)

The bottom one is rubber. It's pretty easy to notice the molded-in controls.

MT2008 05-06-2022 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 45442)
The bottom one is rubber. It's pretty easy to notice the molded-in controls.

Congrats. You win everything. Except the guns; those I'm keeping forever. :D

If you look closely, you can also see some signs of the damage from on-set use on the rubber SPP, namely the chip on the charging handle and the hole in the trigger guard. When I got it, the entire gun was also covered in dirt residue, probably because it was used in the opening scene at the Iranian facility (even though I watched the movie and couldn't find where it appears).

Rockwolf66 06-25-2022 04:01 PM

I have just bought a Stripped Spikes Tactical AR-9 glock magazine lower. I am building it as a pistol With CCMG internals, Magpul MOE grip, ASAP plate, and a SB Brace.

The upper parts I am having difficulty finding locally as I've hit every gunstore within 30 miles of my house and have found Nothing.

MT2008 08-09-2022 11:35 PM

I'm hoping to do another retro AR-15 movie clone build. This time, it will be a clone of the XM177s from "The Rock" and other 1990s action movies. The base will be an Olympic Arms CAR-AR (K3B) upper, which is (I'm pretty sure) what was used in the movie, too.

Jcordell 08-23-2022 04:28 AM

All these high tech cutting edge guns and then there is me and my love of antiques. I'm currently bidding on a pre-war (World War 1) Smith & Wesson M&P Target model. The Target M&P revolvers (Pre K-38/Model 14 Target Masterpiece) are not very numerous so I'm willing to spend a little extra. I'll know in two days when the auction closes.

S&Wshooter 08-26-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 45480)
All these high tech cutting edge guns and then there is me and my love of antiques. I'm currently bidding on a pre-war (World War 1) Smith & Wesson M&P Target model. The Target M&P revolvers (Pre K-38/Model 14 Target Masterpiece) are not very numerous so I'm willing to spend a little extra. I'll know in two days when the auction closes.

I demand pictures if you win!

I got myself a S&W Model 60, .357 Magnum, with a 3" bbl as a birthday gift to myself, and when I went to shoot it they had a very good condition Kahr PM9 with box and mags (for $250 less than the cheapest crappiest one I could find on gunbroker) so I did me another impulse purchase. Somehow the Kahr is as easy to shoot as my S&W 5906; I am very impressed, but less impressed that all the aftermarket grip options for my new Model 60 are just awful compared to the ugly OEM grips. I really wish the Hogue monogrip for J-frames was the same as the one for the Taurus 85/605/856 (like the same layout, shape, etc), because my 605 is very pleasant to shoot with magnums, and doesn't jump around or rotate in my grip almost at all

Jcordell 08-30-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 45483)
I demand pictures if you win!

I got myself a S&W Model 60, .357 Magnum, with a 3" bbl as a birthday gift to myself, and when I went to shoot it they had a very good condition Kahr PM9 with box and mags (for $250 less than the cheapest crappiest one I could find on gunbroker) so I did me another impulse purchase. Somehow the Kahr is as easy to shoot as my S&W 5906; I am very impressed, but less impressed that all the aftermarket grip options for my new Model 60 are just awful compared to the ugly OEM grips. I really wish the Hogue monogrip for J-frames was the same as the one for the Taurus 85/605/856 (like the same layout, shape, etc), because my 605 is very pleasant to shoot with magnums, and doesn't jump around or rotate in my grip almost at all

I didn't win it. :( However, I did win the bid on a brand-new Ruger SP101 still in the box with all documents. This one is chambered for 38 Special +P. Not a big deal for me. I own many 38 Special revolvers and I have a fair amount of ammo. The win was $390 and after tax and fees I paid $477. A search on the serial number at Ruger.com shows that it was shipped last year. Considering that in any of the local gun stores I would pay a minimum of $650 (taxes not included) I can't complain. I've been wanting an SP-101 and they aren't easy to find anymore. At least not here in my corner of America. I've looked into ordering one and I was told it would be several weeks (an optimistic estimate) with no definite date of delivery. Evidently Ruger is back ordered several months. This is alright. I replaced the black plastic grip panels with the old wooden ones that came with my GP-100 3". I got the new panels from Ruger. Anyway, it isn't a pre-war M&P Target, but it's something that I have been wanting. Notice how the cylinder is slightly tapered. Looks like Ruger is using the cylinders from the Wiley Clapp SP-101 model. I like the Ruger grips and they'll stay on my revolvers. I actually owned an SP for a few months back in 2005, but I traded it off for something and as the years have gone by, I've regretted doing that. Yes, it's a bit of a chunk, but it's strong and reliable. I'll hold onto this one.

https://i.postimg.cc/gLkNXvkL/IMG-20220827-113157.jpg

MT2008 10-01-2022 01:14 PM

Last gun purchase before I move to the (sadly) unfree state of Maryland: I am now the proud owner of a nickel-plated West German-made SIG-Sauer P226, which has been on my collection list for many years now. It's also by far the most expensive handgun I've ever purchased, even more than my Steyr SPP (which I also bought this year), in part because I was in a bidding war with another buyer on GunBroker.

S&Wshooter 10-19-2022 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 45484)
I didn't win it. :( However, I did win the bid on a brand-new Ruger SP101 still in the box with all documents. This one is chambered for 38 Special +P. Not a big deal for me. I own many 38 Special revolvers and I have a fair amount of ammo. The win was $390 and after tax and fees I paid $477. A search on the serial number at Ruger.com shows that it was shipped last year. Considering that in any of the local gun stores I would pay a minimum of $650 (taxes not included) I can't complain. I've been wanting an SP-101 and they aren't easy to find anymore. At least not here in my corner of America. I've looked into ordering one and I was told it would be several weeks (an optimistic estimate) with no definite date of delivery. Evidently Ruger is back ordered several months. This is alright. I replaced the black plastic grip panels with the old wooden ones that came with my GP-100 3". I got the new panels from Ruger. Anyway, it isn't a pre-war M&P Target, but it's something that I have been wanting. Notice how the cylinder is slightly tapered. Looks like Ruger is using the cylinders from the Wiley Clapp SP-101 model. I like the Ruger grips and they'll stay on my revolvers. I actually owned an SP for a few months back in 2005, but I traded it off for something and as the years have gone by, I've regretted doing that. Yes, it's a bit of a chunk, but it's strong and reliable. I'll hold onto this one.

https://i.postimg.cc/gLkNXvkL/IMG-20220827-113157.jpg

I would not mind a GP-100 (used, Ruger can pound sand after breaking my Redhawk), but they seem to never go cheap anymore! Same with the SP-101s, either used to be easy to find in great shape (along with Security Six series guns) for under $350 at basically any pawn shop here, sadly that ended before I could buy handguns


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.