imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sometimes, you gotta wonder about the age of the person making the inquiry..... :D (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2180)

MoviePropMaster2008 04-02-2013 07:02 AM

Sometimes, you gotta wonder about the age of the person making the inquiry..... :D

Just recently got another one (I get these about once a month)

"Hi, I am shooting a film that starts this Monday (and today is Friday evening). I need three MP5Ks, four FN SCARs, 2 Glock 18s, 2 SIG P226-Sport models and a GE Mini gun. I have secured permission to fire them on my friend's property.

Please ship them to this address:

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Toronto, Canada

I need these right away. If no one answers the door when the packages arrive my Mom can sign for them.

(name withheld)"

I don't get annoyed. I used to. Now I just laugh. :D Now remember, these are not airsoft guns he's asking for.

Spartan198 04-02-2013 09:50 AM

That's awesome. :D

Chitoryu12 04-02-2013 10:50 AM

Wait, why is he asking an AMERICAN armorer?

MT2008 04-03-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitoryu12 (Post 38476)
Wait, why is he asking an AMERICAN armorer?

Because the bros at Movie Armaments Group (the local armorers up there) already told him no? :rolleyes:

Hey Al, did you or Charlie get the same request already? :D

Chitoryu12 04-03-2013 01:17 AM

Shit, first gun I ever use in a film will probably be my own...

Jcordell 04-03-2013 02:21 PM

P.S. I almost forgot. I also need a Quad 50. Thanks.

SPEMack618 04-03-2013 10:21 PM

Well, atleast he went full on mall ninja...

MoviePropMaster2008 04-04-2013 06:02 AM

Hahahaha lol

BTW, guys, there is a WHOLE CHECKLIST that this guy jumped ahead on...

First of all, these are LIVE weapons, so..

1) Who are you?
2) What is your production company?
3) Do you have a licensed armorer on set?
4) Do you have any idea what the rental rate is for each item?
5) Are you prepared to put up a full replacement deposit (most smaller companies that don't have multi-million dollars loss policies like major studios do, have to either put up a full security deposit.
6) Do you have production insurance? (we don't want to end up being sued for someone's ill advised actions on the set).
7) Do you know what the day rate for one of OUR armorers/assts. is to go out to you?
8) Did you take into account shipping or travel arrangements?
9) Are there any special permits by YOUR local law enforcement to have these items show up?
10) You do realize that being in a different country almost makes it impossible. Within a country is one thing, between different countries requires Customs, agreements, contracts to bring weapons INTO the country, etc. Contrary to popular opinion, Canada is not just an extension of the United States.
11) Did you realize that you have armorers in CANADA who are already in your country?

Most people laugh at the fact that the kid wants NFA weapons shipped to him no questions asked. My first thought is that it is pretty insulting for him to assume that (a) this stuff is FREE (b) that I'd rush to next day air mail them to him (which is illegal) and (c) no comment nor dialogue on payment, rentals, deposits or insurance.

But as I said, I get contacted like this several times a year, sometimes as much as once a month. All the Armorers in CA have this horror story, but I think some of them are more 'shielded from this type of stupidity'. For one, CW and ISS have admin (secretarial) staff that filters these types of inquiries from bothering the folks who handle the guns :D

funkychinaman 04-04-2013 07:17 AM

I give the kid some credit for even finding a real Hollywood armorer. I wouldn't even know where to start.

MT2008 04-04-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 38532)
Most people laugh at the fact that the kid wants NFA weapons shipped to him no questions asked. My first thought is that it is pretty insulting for him to assume that (a) this stuff is FREE (b) that I'd rush to next day air mail them to him (which is illegal) and (c) no comment nor dialogue on payment, rentals, deposits or insurance.

You would know better than I, but...are you sure this one wasn't an April Fool's joke?