imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

k9870 08-26-2011 11:31 PM

I love how they nuke new york but times square is still a huge place and the setting for the uprising wow even the alternate history cant stay on track.

Spartan198 08-27-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 31945)
Im about to watch online, but remmeber most are implausible scenarios and im just watching an interesting fantasy world. Germany could not have won ww2. The south could not have won the civil war. But hey, if it did happen somehow, might be an intersting thing to watch.

That walther pps was out of place lol

Nothing more implausible than "What if dinosaurs survived?" and showing a Tyrannosaurus roaming the streets of New York. :rolleyes:

If dinosaurs survived, there wouldn't be a New York. Perhaps we'd have existed, but our technological advancements would never have happened and we'd still be quite primitive today. There's a theory that dinosaurs would have eventually evolved into humanoid beings and developed a civilization much like we have, but I find that highly unlikely (and kind of crackpot) when looking at animals like crocodiles and sharks which have existed since the age of dinosaurs and changed very little, if any at all, over the course of 65 million years compared to how the human race has advanced over just the last 10 to 12,000 years of its measly 10 million year presence here. If crocs and sharks haven't changed, why would dinosaurs need to?

k9870 08-27-2011 12:07 AM

Ive always wanted to shoot a trex with a bazooka though:)

Spartan198 08-27-2011 01:50 AM

David shot one with an RPG in Dino Crisis 2. It only destroyed the Rex's right eye.

Swordfish941 08-28-2011 05:53 PM

I got to see the original Superman movie with my grandparents on Friday. It was very good and I don't think anybody can beat Christopher Reeve's Superman.

funkychinaman 08-28-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 31964)
I got to see the original Superman movie with my grandparents on Friday. It was very good and I don't think anybody can beat Christopher Reeve's Superman.

Had you never seen it before? Wow. Anyway, it's all downhill from there. Superman II was the beginning of the end. Everyone talks about the Donner cut, but it's a bit overrated.

funkychinaman 08-30-2011 02:21 PM

And the first pre-order for the upcoming fall releases went to ... Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. I don't even know what the running up would be. GoW3?

Mandolin1 08-30-2011 02:48 PM

Anyone seen Columbiana yet? I saw it yesterday and thought it was good. There's a whole ton of guns, i added 19 new enties to the page and I'm sure i missed some. Zoe Saldana's character, Cataleya (NOT Columbiana, as the page originaly stated) is a hit-and run ninja who makes her hit and moves, which realy makes her untouchablity belivable. There's a final, brutal hand-to-hand fight at the end that reminded me of the third Bourne movie, as she takes on her openent in a bathroom using everything availible. There's also a couple of humerous moments when she demonstrates her total paranoid preparedness. It's a good film, go see it.

Swordfish941 08-30-2011 05:50 PM

I'm going to buy Crysis this weekend.

BeardedHoplite 08-30-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin1 (Post 31992)
Anyone seen Columbiana yet? I

Is it anything like Foxy Brown or Coffy? I kinda hyped it as the successor to Pam Grier blaxploitation movies