imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

k9870 02-02-2011 01:46 AM

yeah, but there was like 2 sex scenes in the pacific and they werent long, so not an issue.

Excalibur 02-02-2011 01:48 AM

Compared to Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan which were also produced by Spielberg, the sex scene in The Pacific just felt out of place.

k9870 02-02-2011 02:06 AM

It wouldn't have made sense in saving private ryan, they werent on leave in nice civilian areas.......Band of brothers they also almost never left war zones. the combat was very good in the pacific, when you have people getting burns from machine gun barrels or sudden charges of japanese troops from all directions.

MT2008 02-02-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six (Post 25030)
apocalypse man, and some fitness thing. i think one was on the discovery channel.

"Apocalypse Man": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZuvLo4eJA

One of his workout videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG2N0WKmquE

funkychinaman 02-02-2011 06:15 AM

I don't know if you guys only watched the edited version of BoB on History Channel or Spike, but there WAS a sex scene in BoB, between Janovec and some German chick in the last episode, right before he dies. But yes, it did seem a bit out of place.

(As a Law & Order fan, Annie Parisse's nude scenes from The Pacific were mindblowing.)

Swordfish941 02-07-2011 12:26 PM

For my birthday, I would like to get the BBC series Life On Mars.

S&Wshooter 02-07-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 25348)
For my birthday, I would like to get the BBC series Life On Mars.

Isn't that the show in which a modern police officer is stuck in the 70's?

Swordfish941 02-07-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 25356)
Isn't that the show in which a modern police officer is stuck in the 70's?

Yes. (10characters).

S&Wshooter 02-07-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 25364)
Yes. (10characters).

I saw a few episodes of the American version. I thought it looked alright

Swordfish941 03-04-2011 10:01 PM

Watching Hellboy. I only have one thing to say: Hellboy is a badass.

S&Wshooter 03-04-2011 10:06 PM

I saw Assassination last night. Seeing as it was a Bronson movie, I was disappointed by the low levels of violence

Excalibur 03-06-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 26572)
I saw Assassination last night. Seeing as it was a Bronson movie, I was disappointed by the low levels of violence

I don't think I've ever seen any other Bronson movie outside of the Death Wish movies

k9870 03-06-2011 02:21 PM

Dirty Dozen?

S&Wshooter 03-07-2011 04:30 AM

Bulletstorm is fun. My friend got it for his birthday yesterday, which caused me to buy it, and my other friend is going to get it one HIS birthday in a few days. Then we will play online co-op

funkychinaman 03-07-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 26614)
Bulletstorm is fun. My friend got it for his birthday yesterday, which caused me to buy it, and my other friend is going to get it one HIS birthday in a few days. Then we will play online co-op

I DLed the demo. It was pretty fun. I may just wait on it though. Unforeseen expenses have come up, and besides, I don't see anything coming up that looks like it would be worth pre-ordering or paying full price for until the next Ace Combat game.

S&Wshooter 03-07-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 26619)
I DLed the demo. It was pretty fun. I may just wait on it though. Unforeseen expenses have come up, and besides, I don't see anything coming up that looks like it would be worth pre-ordering or paying full price for until the next Ace Combat game.

The next Elder Scrolls comes out in November

Duke Nukem Forever is being released in a month or two

k9870 03-07-2011 01:54 PM

Watching homfront footage good thing its only 8 days away.

funkychinaman 03-07-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 26620)
The next Elder Scrolls comes out in November

Duke Nukem Forever is being released in a month or two

After this long of a wait, it's going to be tough for DNF to NOT be a disappointment. (And I didn't even like DN3D that much.) But I'm going to keep an open mind on it. If it's good, I'll get it.

Swordfish941 03-09-2011 12:04 AM

I can't wait for this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dYgrMz_XBI&feature=fvst

k9870 03-09-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 26641)

I can, too busy playing awesome games like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neDRm...eature=related

Swordfish941 03-09-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26642)
I can, too busy playing awesome games like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neDRm...eature=related

Good for you.

ersoz 03-09-2011 04:43 PM

Thank you all for your help.
All rifles appear to have the same configuration except for their muzzlebrakes.

I'm guessing they are all customized Izhmash AK 103's. They are a bit too expensive for Kurdish insurgents who have been causing trouble in south east Turkey(near Northern Iraq) for the past couple decades. Thousands of these insurgents have been neutralized and their weapons captured but never anything this fancy. Mostly ex Soviet AK47's, SVD's RPG7's and sometimes a few M-16's. (possibly Vietnam era M-16's)

Northern Iraq which is populated mainly by Kurdish Iraqis, has been out of control for some time now. Illegal arms dealing, smuggling narcotics and also oil is a part of every day life in that region. Due to its geography which is mountainous, neither the multi-national force in Iraq nor Turkey is able to control these illegal activities. And they are escalating steadily.

k9870 03-14-2011 01:36 AM

Battle LA was kick ass.

mpe2010 03-14-2011 01:43 AM

Were the aliens the weak kind where they can be killed in several shots or were they tough and took a full magazine to kill?

k9870 03-14-2011 01:48 AM

At first they were real tough, then they find a weak spot to aim for and it gets easier. It varies, like early on there dumping mags and later they mow own a bunch. The aliens are baass though, they have their weapons surgically attached to their arms.

S&Wshooter 03-14-2011 01:57 AM

I saw Rango. It was alright

Excalibur 03-14-2011 03:22 AM

If you love old Westerns, and I loved them like Clint Eastwood movies, you'll love Rango.

I need to see Battle LA cause of all the action. Someone told me the story sucked

k9870 03-14-2011 03:13 PM

Its not a plot centered movie, dude its about aliens walking up the coastline killing people. Its all good entertainment, you sit and watch for fun. Its not a movie to make you think or filled with social commentary or crap like that, its all about being fun.

Swordfish941 03-14-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26730)
Its not a plot centered movie, dude its about aliens walking up the coastline killing people. Its all good entertainment, you sit and watch for fun. Its not a movie to make you think or filled with social commentary or crap like that, its all about being fun.

Aaron Eckhart kicked major ass in this film (he could be the next Jack O'Neil).

Spartan198 03-14-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 26719)
I need to see Battle LA cause of all the action. Someone told me the story sucked

It couldn't be any worse than that ripoff of it that the SyFy Channel aired this past Saturday, Battle of Los Angeles... :rolleyes:

k9870 03-16-2011 01:06 AM

Homefront, got it. Well, graphics are a bit dated but gameplay is fun, didn't quite get the "resistance fighter" vibe though, the amount of bad guys you waste makes you feel like a COD character. Also, they got the one thing that seems like the cool thing for developers of video games to do but i think blows, a silent hero. People like them, i want a character who feels real and solid, not a nameless dude. Online servgers are down so cant judge it yet, the little i played seemed cool though, i like having vehicles online. Also, the only pistol in game is the goddamn beretta, at least it isnt nuetered down to 12 shots which seems to be the fad in games now. Some weapons make no sense, the m16 is single shot only, and it and the m4 hold 20 while acr and scar are 30.

Excalibur 03-16-2011 03:52 AM

Well I like the M16 being semi so it's more of a marksman rifle. I have no problem with that since apparently we can only hold up to a max of 90 rounds, which translates to...3 mags? I know they wanted to make the whole feel of "ammo is scarce" but with you dropping Norks with well placed shots and picking up their ammo, it doesn't make sense.

Also the weird part and somewhat good on a gameplay standpoint is not sharing ammo. I can hold 2 M4s apparently and they each have their own ammo.

I hate the part where we only have the Beretta as the ONLY pistol in the game. The controls is a bit slow and rough compared to say Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2. Also there is no definite ending. We have this big battle in San Fran and that's it. No epilogue about what happens next or anything. And I wish we get actual cutscenes instead of in game cutscenes. Also the AI for your allies are half stupid. They also love to show you out of the way or dont move if you bump into them. Occasionally we get animation problems like in one scene, your friends get into a truck and it shows them getting into the truck and sitting down OUTSIDE of the truck, they are just floating there.

The helicopter scene is a bit rough, I had some problems flying and shooting it.

The plus side is that enemies don't take entire mags to kill. Though as I said before, the controls are a bit stiff and don't feel as smooth as they should be.

funkychinaman 03-17-2011 10:54 PM

According to the article below, Liam Neeson is coming back to do a sequel to Taken. I loved Taken, but I don't think they should make it a franchise. If they're not careful, it could turn into the Death Wish series.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/big-...n-and-taken-2/

S&Wshooter 03-18-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 26822)
According to the article below, Liam Neeson is coming back to do a sequel to Taken. I loved Taken, but I don't think they should make it a franchise. If they're not careful, it could turn into the Death Wish series.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/big-...n-and-taken-2/

Not enough Bronson

Swordfish941 03-18-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 26827)
Not enough Bronson

We could always add in the ghost of Bronson.

k9870 03-18-2011 01:36 AM

Online play is nice, i like the battle point system.

I liked the character of connor morgan, he was a machiavellian type but one who got the job done. the main guy however is one of my pet peeves, a silent hero.

The ending it says the military took back san fransisco, but theyre probably set up for a sequel so dont want the whole country liberated or anything.

S&Wshooter 03-18-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26830)
Online play is nice, i like the battle point system.

I liked the character of connor morgan, he was a machiavellian type but one who got the job done. the main guy however is one of my pet peeves, a silent hero.

The ending it says the military took back san fransisco, but theyre probably set up for a sequel so dont want the whole country liberated or anything.

Why San Francisco? I'd be a better idea to take back somewhere important, like Texas City with it's refineries, or somewhere with a big ass military weapons stockpile

k9870 03-18-2011 02:12 AM

NK woyuld have to take the coast first, and it would make sense to use major ports.

Excalibur 03-18-2011 04:30 AM

A leak confirmed that there will be two DLC with three single player missions for each one. It was confirmed that you will play the same guy, Robert Jacobs, again pushing the Korean army out of California.

The second DLC will assume the role of an SAS soldier with his squad taking back Hawaii from the Koreans.

These DLC are supposed to prelude to the sequel, which takes place in London. THQ also said that they are thinking of making the Middle East as a possible enemy

k9870 03-21-2011 11:12 PM

Gonna use up my last gamestop giftcard and a couple trades on crysis 2 tomorrow, ill tell ya all a little review when i beat it.