imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Handguns Grips & Trigger Discipline In Hollywood (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1341)

sillybunz13 11-07-2010 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21779)
Seriously, this thread started out as what seems to be a bad grip and trigger discipline thing and then it's all about how The Hurt Locker is bad and why the Green Zone is better?

The Green Zone to me is too much like the Bourne Identity with Matt Damen again

Well in my original argument was that Jeremy Renner cup and saucers his beretta in the movie as a soldier. I also said that the movie was repulsive and retard, and that I said Green Zone was better because they had excellent grips and trigger discipline. People decided to defend The Hurt Locker.

Excalibur 11-07-2010 05:03 AM

Trigger discipline aside, The Green Zone was too political a movie. It was trying to tell us a message about government lies and why we are over there than Hurt Locker which focused on just the soldiers. These average guys.

k9870 11-07-2010 01:57 PM

Thats what i liked about the hurt locker, the fact it was the average soldier and shown as good people, not the other crap out there that vilifies the average soldier.

sillybunz13 11-07-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21817)
Trigger discipline aside, The Green Zone was too political a movie. It was trying to tell us a message about government lies and why we are over there than Hurt Locker which focused on just the soldiers. These average guys.

But Hurt Locker doesn't portray the soldiers accurately at all. They didn't use common sense at all even though they thought they were doing the right thing. Green Zone portrays actual soldiers and actual thoughts that goes through a soldier's mind in that type of situation unlike Hurt Locker which was just pure stupidity on their part like shooting their own teammates, letting a LT. Colonel die, burning great intel for military intelligence, teaming up with random people, and random sniper duels. This is not a portrayl of real soldiers. It's a portrayl of morons who can't do their job right at all and should be dishonorably discharged being sent to Fort Leavenworth for attempted murder. At least in Green Zone, Matt Damon's character was productive towards his goal which was finding out the truth. In Hurt Locker, he didn't solve shit nor did he get anywhere besides letting two people die with their blood on his hands. He wanted to be a vigilante, well he really sucked at it. The whole plot was mindless and went nowhere. Besides the plots in the movies, Green Zone had better concept on how soldiers are unlike Hurt Locker which was directed by a damn woman who directed corny military & cop movies before like point break LOL.

And if Green Zone is such a disgrace to the military, then why was his whole unit in the movie, real Afghanistan/Iraqi War veterans?

k9870 11-07-2010 02:25 PM

Green zone showed any troops besides damon's as assholes who torture prisoners and such. Seriously, that movie was shit.

sillybunz13 11-07-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 21824)
Green zone showed any troops besides damon's as assholes who torture prisoners and such. Seriously, that movie was shit.

Well that's how shit runs down there. What, you think everyone is fucking happy to be there? This shit is damn near the truth. You need intel fast, you gotta do what you gotta do. No asking questions. You think it's a happy war with smiles and flowers? I've been there and done that down there and shit is ugly all over. It's kind of an asshole thing to put it in a movie but it's true.

k9870 11-07-2010 02:43 PM

I know a ton of vets and none are sadistic, brutal, cruel, murdering rapists like all these left wing iraq movies show.

sillybunz13 11-07-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 21829)
I know a ton of vets and none are sadistic, brutal, cruel, murdering rapists like all these left wing iraq movies show.

Because the people who do this type of work are the interrogators not infantry (maybe SF, not sure) or other shit like that. Not even the enlisted ones either. The interrogation officers were widely known to torture captives in sick, twisted ways like the water torture for 48 to 72 hours or beatings,etc. Shit like this happens whether you believe it or not.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 11-07-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillybunz13 (Post 21830)
Because the people who do this type of work are the interrogators not infantry (maybe SF, not sure) or other shit like that. Not even the enlisted ones either. The interrogation officers were widely known to torture captives in sick, twisted ways like the water torture for 48 to 72 hours or beatings,etc. Shit like this happens whether you believe it or not.

When I considered joining the Army a few years ago, one of the recruiters told me that if I went into intel they'd teach me how to torture people. I didn't even ask, he just volunteered that information.

k9870 11-07-2010 04:04 PM

It was a political movie trying to say the government lied about the war and there was no WMDS, even though fact stands there was.