imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   CZ! (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1832)

k9870 07-28-2011 08:28 PM

CZ!

Yep finally have it in my possession, took a few pics but im heading to work and upload takes a while so i'll do it when I get back. Stripped it, cleaned it, and oiled up, then switched grips (didnt dig the plastic, got cool vz g10s on it now.)

Impressions: Feels very solid, feels great in hand and points naturally. Outside finish very even but barrel could use a more detailed finish, it looks out of place compared to shinier or finished barrels. The inside of the frame isnt polished and finished like some higher end guns, but theres no machining or tool marks. Very good all around, good sights that remind me of a beretta and have glow in the dark paint. Mags drop free, seems cz ditched the mag brake on this model.

Trigger pull is heavy and a bit long/rough in DA. Heard it cleans up and a new hammerspring will lighten it and ill eventually try. The SA is good. Long take up but the a light, short crisp release. Can't wait to use it at range.

Thin slide profile makes racking a bit difficult but you only need to do that to load, unlike sig, glock, etc, the slide release is very, very easy to use. I can actually do my reloads like this well instead of slingshotting. the decocker is decent, i prefer sig style but this aint bad. Pics to come.

Yournamehere 07-29-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 31280)
My buddy has a P01 that I had the privilege of operating and shooting and I mostly liked it, but there are some eh things about CZs and CZ patterned guns I find to be generally true.

First off the triggers on them aren't that good, double action is incredibly heavy and the creep to break on single action is pretty big. They can be tuned relatively easily I think, exchanging some springs here and there, and with LOTS of use they will wear in nicely, but as they come they're okay at best.

The slides also have a pretty small gripping surface so they may be a bit harder to charge than other guns, but you'll probably get used to it after a short while.

The other thing that's more odd about them is the decocker, it only drops the hammer to half cock and not all the way down. It can be carried and shot with the hammer all the way down but you have to manually set it there and that's a risky endeavour. It's kinda good because at half cock the trigger doesn't require as much pull but nonetheless it's still kinda weird...

Lastly is the decocker itself. It's in the best possible place I could imagine it, but the way it actually presses, downward in a clockwise motion, is counterintuitive to like every other safety mechanism, though you'll get used to it in a heartbeat. Even so, again, just an odd thing they did.

Of course I do like them and there's plenty good to say about them, odd as they are. They are built like tanks, have good sights, a grip rivaled only by a couple of guns (Hi-Power to name one heheh) and they are relatively slim. I was entertaining the notion of getting a Pre-B (not one of the cheap ones that have just been imported and stamped all over by PW Arms but an older one) but I have more practical things on my list first. I can't say much about your grips as generally I'm frugal with them, since factory ones typically serve practical purposes as well as anything else, but if nothing else they look nice. Enjoy your gun.

I think I'm having Deja Vu.

k9870 07-29-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 31337)
I think I'm having Deja Vu.

That was a waiting for cz thread, thought new title may announce its here. I have to resize pics and upload soon.

k9870 07-29-2011 01:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay ill try some better ones tmrw, thing is it looks different in these pics, its a deep black in real life but looks greyish and splotchy on camera.

predator20 07-29-2011 02:17 AM

Very nice. I've been meaning to get some VZ grips. How do you like them?

k9870 07-29-2011 02:30 AM

I love them, look cool and feel good, secure grip but not abrasive. A good middle ground (i got "tactical diamonds".)

They are precise, no play when put on, use existig grip screws, and shipping is fast. ordered on i think sunday had them tuesday.

S&Wshooter 07-29-2011 02:50 AM

Nice! Do you have any mags or ammo yet?

k9870 07-29-2011 02:53 AM

got them 2 16 rounders that came with it, 2 18 rounders and will shop or holsters soon,

Yournamehere 07-29-2011 03:48 AM

Just for your and anyone's benefit, the general rule with mags is buy factory, Mec-Gar, or well noted MilSurp and nothing else. Factory mags can obviously be trusted, as can Mec-Gars since they pretty much make all factory mags anyway, and in some cases you can trust a military surplus mag if it's got a good enough reputation (Airtronics mags for Beretta M9/92 pistols for example). If its a weird mag with no markings that can be discerned, don't risk it, even if it's 10 bucks, just don't risk it and buy some ammo or something.

Additionally, before you go to a local store to buy them, shop around other stores or even online. Sometimes you can get the same things, factory, Mec-Gar or whatever for less than your local dealer is charging, including shipping charges. Online stores like CTD, CDNN, Midway and auction sites like Gunbroker usually have good deals. CZ factory mags look to be relatively expensive and they aren't as common as some other gun mags so it might be harder to find an insane deal, but it's worth a look.

k9870 07-29-2011 03:56 AM

All are factory and i think mecgar makes it for them.

S&Wshooter 07-29-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 31351)
Just for your and anyone's benefit, the general rule with mags is buy factory, Mec-Gar, or well noted MilSurp and nothing else. Factory mags can obviously be trusted, as can Mec-Gars since they pretty much make all factory mags anyway, and in some cases you can trust a military surplus mag if it's got a good enough reputation (Airtronics mags for Beretta M9/92 pistols for example). If its a weird mag with no markings that can be discerned, don't risk it, even if it's 10 bucks, just don't risk it and buy some ammo or something.

That's why I didn't order any mags for my FAL; DSA didn't have any in stock and everywhere I looked had nothing other than Korean/no-name mags

The only mags I can get for my .45 are factory :(

S&Wshooter 07-29-2011 04:17 AM

That is a fine looking pistol, k9870. Makes me want to get a CZ

predator20 07-29-2011 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 31354)
That's why I didn't order any mags for my FAL; DSA didn't have any in stock and everywhere I looked had nothing other than Korean/no-name mags

The only mags I can get for my .45 are factory :(

With FALs, mil-surp is about all you can get, particularly with inch mags. With yours being an Imbel it has a metric receiver which will take both. But inch mags will wobble some.

Something like this isn't a bad deal. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=243286830

Wolf makes replacement springs if they are weak.

I bought a Pro-mag 10 rounder for my 4505, but I'm not all that impressed with it. We'll see how it does next time I take it out.

Yournamehere 07-29-2011 06:20 AM

I took the time to do a little reading and with some google results I found that the Inch FALs can take both mags and the Metrics are the picky ones (and apparently with more than just magazines. Do you have a source that says otherwise?

predator20 07-29-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 31361)
I took the time to do a little reading and with some google results I found that the Inch FALs can take both mags and the Metrics are the picky ones (and apparently with more than just magazines. Do you have a source that says otherwise?

Maybe that's what it was. I haven't read up on them since I purchased one. Mine's an inch lower and upper but the receiver is IMBEL which is metric which I guess Century modified it to take inch mags rather supply them metric ones.

I've only tried inch mags in mine so no idea how the metric even fit in it. Glad to see someone here actually researches things. Unlike me :o

k9870 07-30-2011 12:53 AM

Gotta go holster shopping soon. Wonder what the best ones are, mostly a range holster and some idpa eventually.

k9870 08-05-2011 11:04 PM

Just took some trigger pull guage readings, she averages about 4 3/4 a couple were about 4.5 and none over 5. People claim these avaerage 6 pounds and are kind of heavy, guess im lucky or the internet bs machine was at work.