imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Damn... (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=973)

MT2008 02-26-2010 03:38 PM

Damn...

In case anyone was wondering where I went on the forum, I have not been able to log on since Sunday. Literally. I tried at least 2x a day, and it kept failing and I kept getting those stupid messages about how all my log-in attempts had been used up. Having a busy week obviously played a part, too (I was at a conference in Virginia from Monday-Wednesday), but even so...just, wow.

While the spambots are gone, the problem with logging in seems to be getting worse, at least for me. Is this happening to anyone else?

Markost 02-26-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Is this happening to anyone else?
Yep. That annoying "log-in attempts messages" appears when I try to login in my sisterīs laptop. Thanks God this computer has cookies...

k9870 02-26-2010 05:38 PM

nope, mines set to keep me logged in.

Markost 02-27-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 12281)
nope, mines set to keep me logged in.

Try logging in another pc without the siteīs cookies.

Rockwolf66 03-09-2010 09:09 PM

I'm getting those annyoying you have used up all your attempts now and again. Hopefully the crackers get the message and move on.

Spartan198 03-10-2010 11:50 PM

Normally I get automatically logged in, but every now and then my cookies will either expire or get infected (or be coined "potentially dangerous objects") and be deleted during a virus scan, which means I have to log back in manually. But the longest I've gone without being able to log in is about 12 hours.

That's strange. I just tried to log out of the forum (changed my password and wanted to test it) 3 times, and I got a 503 error all three times. Forum is working fine, but it won't let me log out.

Rockwolf66 03-15-2010 05:05 AM

two whole days this time and frankly it's getting really frustrating.

MT2008 03-15-2010 08:22 PM

Yeah, it keeps happening to me, too. On the bright side, it means I haven't been spending too much time on here (no offense, but IMFDB can be a really big distraction sometimes when I'm trying to do work :D ). On the down side, it annoys me that anyone would try to get into my account.

Does anyone know how to set cookies so that they don't change every time I switch networks? That's why I keep getting logged out, for some reason. If I log in from my laptop at school, and then log in from my apartment in the evening, I get logged out. For some reason, it seems to happen only with the forum (and not with my regular IMFDB account, or almost any other site I frequent).

MT2008 03-16-2010 02:59 PM

OK, I am happy to hear Bunni's announcement. Today, I was able to get in with no problems on the first try.

Spartan198 03-17-2010 09:17 AM

Yeah, me, too. Hopefully it'll put a big dent in the constant barrage of hack attempts and spam attacks.

Fortunately I recently changed my password to a 7-digit numerical one. Much harder to crack.