imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   *Memorial Day Weekend 2011* (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1750)

mjp28 05-29-2011 06:43 PM

*Memorial Day Weekend 2011*
 
*Memorial Day Weekend 2011*

Remember to display those flags!

I'm enjoying catching up on some good ol' war movies plus a little baseball.

.....plus remember all of our vets past and present.;)

mjp28 05-29-2011 07:13 PM

Wife's working all weekend, I'm off so I've watched:

Run Silent, Run Deep
Destination Tokyo
Sahara (one of my favorites)
30 Seconds over Tokyo
MacArther
The Raid (based on the raid to save 511 POWs in WWII)

...and counting

Swordfish941 05-29-2011 07:31 PM

I just cooked a bunch of hamburgers, bratwursts, and chicken for my family on a grill. They all complimented me. :)

S&Wshooter 05-29-2011 08:09 PM

I played a bunch of Fallout and watched Gorky Park. My weekend has not been very patriotic

MT2008 05-29-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 29616)
I played a bunch of Fallout and watched Gorky Park. My weekend has not been very patriotic

Neither was mine...sat by the pool yesterday morning, went climbing yesterday afternoon, then out to a new bar last night. Today I went to my parents' house for a cookout (and yes, I only ate chicken, while everyone else had steak), and tomorrow I'm going hiking.

But I am planning to hang out tonight with one of my friends who is an Army linguist, if that counts.

S&Wshooter 05-29-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 29622)
Neither was mine...sat by the pool yesterday morning, went climbing yesterday afternoon, then out to a new bar last night. Today I went to my parents' house for a cookout (and yes, I only ate chicken, while everyone else had steak), and tomorrow I'm going hiking.
.

Are you in league with the Cowmunnist party? мычание, comrade, мычание

:p

mjp28 05-29-2011 09:58 PM

We're having something a little different, a salsbury steak on the grille, then melt on some swiss on a bun tonight. Great diversion from just burgers and dogs.

Tomorrow fish on the grille, cod and salmon.

Tuesday ?

Plus all the mac salad and all of that.

I love our built in grille, run off of natural gas, we use it year round!!:o

MT2008 05-29-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjp28 (Post 29608)

(and make sure you spell it right)

I corrected it for you, no worries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 29623)
Are you in league with the Cowmunnist party? мычание, comrade, мычание

:p

Yep. And I shall arm the cows to rise up against you imperialist capitalist scum. *chambers AK* :p

k9870 05-29-2011 11:11 PM

MT gotta live a little eat a steak.

S&Wshooter 05-29-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 29625)
Yep. And I shall arm the cows to rise up against you imperialist capitalist scum. *chambers AK* :p

I shall deploy Green Berets to teach the chickens and pigs how to use weapons and tactics to defeat you. *chambers Type 56*


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.