imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

MT2008 05-05-2011 01:16 PM

Ah, fuck it, I think I've been over-analyzing "Fast Five". I guess I'll just have to make due with the fact that American teens enjoy these kinds of movies, and that for two generations of teens, the "Fast and the Furious" franchise has somehow earned a reputation for high-quality cheap thrills that allows the movies to remain so successful.

That being said, I'm still not seeing it in theaters. Maybe Blu Ray/Netflix, though.

funkychinaman 05-05-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 28585)
Ah, fuck it, I think I've been over-analyzing "Fast Five". I guess I'll just have to make due with the fact that American teens enjoy these kinds of movies, and that for two generations of teens, the "Fast and the Furious" franchise has somehow earned a reputation for high-quality cheap thrills that allows the movies to remain so successful.

That being said, I'm still not seeing it in theaters. Maybe Blu Ray/Netflix, though.

If you're going to watch a movie with lots of car chases and explosions, you might as well just watch it in the theater to get the full effect.

I was tempted to go see Top Gun in the theater again this weekend for the same reason.

Spartan198 05-05-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 28586)
I was tempted to go see Top Gun in the theater again this weekend for the same reason.

Top Gun? What, do you have your own theater where you decide what's playing or something?

S&Wshooter 05-05-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 28587)
Top Gun? What, do you have your own theater where you decide what's playing or something?

Theaters show older movies all the time just for the hell of it

funkychinaman 05-05-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 28587)
Top Gun? What, do you have your own theater where you decide what's playing or something?

AMC had two showings over the weekend to celebrate the 25th anniversary. I was REALLY tempted to go, but I couldn't find anyone to go with.

http://www.amctheatres.com/topgun/

Spartan198 05-05-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 28591)
Theaters show older movies all the time just for the hell of it

The one in my town doesn't. :(

funkychinaman 05-05-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 28595)
The one in my town doesn't. :(

Growing up, there used to be one in the neighboring town, but I heard it was a super crappy theater. In college, they had an old theater that showed old movies (old as in they actually had an organ). I caught Casablanca there freshman year.

S&Wshooter 05-05-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 28595)
The one in my town doesn't. :(

Move somewhere better

Swordfish941 05-05-2011 07:23 PM

This weekend, I going to watch a bunch of episodes of Lost on Netflix Instant.

S&Wshooter 05-06-2011 04:45 AM

I'm watching Operation: Endgame on instant watch. It's suprisingly good for a direct-to-video flick


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.