imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gun-related videos and channels take a serious hit on youtube (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2506)

Jcordell 04-18-2017 12:20 AM

True, but it's a start and it's free of a gun hating administration. Remember it took several years for YouTube to reach it's current level.

Mazryonh 03-01-2018 02:14 AM

Things get worse for Youtube gun channels

Aside from a youtube pro-gun personality like James Yeager being banned, now the post-Parkland shooting media frenzy has fanned anti-gunners to a fever pitch so much that a major gun-focussed youtuber named Military Arms Channel shut down his channel briefly in protest.

Apparently Google also tried to censor everything with the word gun, or rifle, or revolver, etc. for their shopping results. This was quickly reversed, but ended up censoring (by returning no results) the results for terms like "burgundy," "trifle," and the "Sex Pistols."

Excalibur 03-01-2018 06:27 PM

This is getting out of control with the level of censorship and misinformation being thrown out.

Mazryonh 03-02-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 44144)
This is getting out of control with the level of censorship and misinformation being thrown out.

It is likely to get worse before it gets better. Several youtube gun channels have reported receiving false community strikes or worse. And they're not the only ones being targeted. Some less-than-liberal podcasters such as Sargon of Akkad on youtube were briefly banned too.

StanTheMan 03-04-2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

"Turns out, adults don’t like it when faceless bureaucrats try enforcing arbitrary restrictions — federal, corporate, or otherwise.
Many of the search terms had been restored by the early evening, but not before an important lesson was learned: Attempts to coddle adults will always backfire.

Granted, Google is a private company. If they think they can help keep our streets safe by banning the sale of guns and gun-related paraphernalia on their website, go for it.
But is that effective? No, not at all."
There plain as day.. Yet many of the same shits bitching about Google treating them like a nanny does children here I've no doubt were also joining straightaway with the gun-grabbing assholes that I daresay wait for these kind of shootings to happen so they can use the victims as fodder in screwing all of us out of our liberties. Could the irony be any thicker? Bah.

Goes without saying I'm way beyond tired of this shit. And I'd say it's already gotten well out of control myself.

Evil Tim 03-04-2018 08:39 AM

This is a good playlist to listen to in the background if you want to discover what an insane dystopia the inside of Google is:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OFTZCZjqa5pss3

I mean seriously, some of this stuff is literally straight out of Nineteen Eighty-Four and / or Brave New World.

Excalibur 03-05-2018 03:32 PM

With the stirring of gun bans and draconian gun laws coming up, I'm stocking up on ammo and parts.

Mandolin 03-05-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 44149)
With the stirring of gun bans and draconian gun laws coming up, I'm stocking up on ammo and parts.

Please don't. People do this after every single shooting, the supply dries up, no one can find ammo, and then nothing happens.

Excalibur 03-06-2018 02:52 PM

Every time I watch the news, it worries me how little these people think of our rights and how little gun laws work.

Spartan198 03-09-2018 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 44154)
Every time I watch the news, it worries me how little these people think of our rights and how little gun laws work.

I think some people in this country simply value false security over individual liberty. It's sad what America is becoming.