imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Replacing the Daewoo K3 Para Image (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1326)

Markit 10-18-2010 04:29 PM

Replacing the Daewoo K3 Para Image

1 Attachment(s)
I am thinking of replacing MT2008's edited picture of a Daewoo K3 with another edited image of an actual K3 Paratrooper (I got rid of the buttstock because it was cut off by the image) and was would like to know if it is ok to do so.

MoviePropMaster2008 10-18-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markit (Post 21156)
I am thinking of replacing MT2008's edited picture of a Daewoo K3 with another edited image of an actual K3 Paratrooper (I got rid of the buttstock because it was cut off by the image) and was would like to know if it is ok to do so.

Better check with MT2008, but I'm not thrilled with a cropped off picture. A K3 IS on my list of things to do, BTW but it may take a little while. :)

Swordfish941 10-18-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 21157)
Better check with MT2008, but I'm not thrilled with a cropped off picture. A K3 IS on my list of things to do, BTW but it may take a little while. :)

BTW, I love your new uploads, especially the Nickel .45 with Pearl Grips.

MT2008 10-18-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markit (Post 21156)

Go ahead, I know my K3 picture sucks (I think I literally spent 5 minutes editing it in MSPaint). You have my blessing.

Also, where did you find that picture? Does Daewoo make a K3 Paratrooper in real life? I've been under the impression that they don't. All of the ones I've seen in movies appear to be full-size K3s with cut-down barrels and M249 Paratrooper stocks installed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 21157)
A K3 IS on my list of things to do, BTW but it may take a little while. :)

Nice! Would love to see it.

Markit 10-18-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 21160)
Go ahead, I know my K3 picture sucks (I think I literally spent 5 minutes editing it in MSPaint). You have my blessing.

Also, where did you find that picture? Does Daewoo make a K3 Paratrooper in real life? I've been under the impression that they don't. All of the ones I've seen in movies appear to be full-size K3s with cut-down barrels and M249 Paratrooper stocks installed.

I found it on armyrecognition while looking at South Korean weapons and thought that it would be a decent placeholder image until we get an actual movie gun. AFAIK, S&T Daewoo has made short-barreled K3s similar to the M249 Paratrooper or SPW for display, but I don't know if they have ever sold any in that style.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-28-2010 04:42 AM

If it's just a placeholder image anyway, what's the point of editing out the stock?

Markit 10-28-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 21372)
If it's just a placeholder image anyway, what's the point of editing out the stock?

The stock was cut off by the original picture, so I just removed it entirely.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-28-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markit (Post 21380)
The stock was cut off by the original picture, so I just removed it entirely.

I do believe photoshopped guns are against the rules in the first place. The reasoning is to avoid frankenguns, but that thing looks really ugly without a stock as well.