imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 02-03-2013 04:19 PM

Gearbox is a good developer after borderlands 2. That's why I haven't dismissed this game

funkychinaman 02-07-2013 03:15 AM

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-...nd-new-kinect/

I hope the used game part isn't true.

predator20 02-07-2013 05:03 AM

I'm definitely going to see A Good Day to Die Hard in theaters, since Willis made a pro-2A comment. (He was already like that anyway.)

Stallone sucks ass, any of his movies are going to be Netflix only.

Excalibur 02-07-2013 05:25 AM

Dead Space 3 so far is fun for the most part. I don't like how EA wanted us to do microtransactions like paying for stuff we can find in the game.

funkychinaman 02-07-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 37905)
I'm definitely going to see A Good Day to Die Hard in theaters, since Willis made a pro-2A comment. (He was already like that anyway.)

Do you think Die Hard 5 is going to be a pass-the-torch film? The man is 57, and I'm sure they'd like to keep the franchise going.

predator20 02-07-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 37907)
Do you think Die Hard 5 is going to be a pass-the-torch film? The man is 57, and I'm sure they'd like to keep the franchise going.

Could be. I haven't seen Jai Courtney in anything but Spartacus. Which he was good in that. (I haven't seen Jack Reacher yet.) While Bruce is getting up there, both Sly and Arnold have 10 years on him. It doesn't seem to stop them. But I think they all know they only have a little bit of time left to do action films.

Excalibur 02-07-2013 05:19 PM

As actors grow older, they eventually get relegated to "old guy" role.

funkychinaman 02-07-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 37908)
Could be. I haven't seen Jai Courtney in anything but Spartacus. Which he was good in that. (I haven't seen Jack Reacher yet.) While Bruce is getting up there, both Sly and Arnold have 10 years on him. It doesn't seem to stop them. But I think they all know they only have a little bit of time left to do action films.

It's true, Sly and Arnold are older, but both of their new movies just tanked. Bruce isn't slowing down one bit though. He had six movies come out last year (seven if GI Joe 2 had been released as scheduled,) including a DTV, so he either REALLY needs the money or he likes to stay busy. I have to wonder how long he could keep that up.

If the pairing works out though, it'd be weird if his son WASN'T in the next movie.

And do you need John McClane to do a Die Hard movie? Die Hards 1-3 were all written as installments of other franchises, and they sort of shoehorned John McClane into all of them. Bourne 4 didn't have Jason Bourne, and his NAME is on the franchise.

commando552 02-07-2013 05:46 PM

At this point I'd actually probably prefer them to pass over the Die Hard franchise to Jack. With 4 and 5 the plots have been way to "big" for lack of a better word compared to the first 3, and it is beginning to get a bit ridiculous with the global terrorist plots that this random cop keeps finding himself in the middle of. At least if it was handed off to Jack he is a CIA agent so there is greater scope for sort of plausible stories.

S&Wshooter 02-07-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 37905)

Yup, I'm glad that I was able to go see "Bullet To The Head" at a theater with incredibly cheap ticket prices. It isn't exactly "bad", but it's not really something worth paying full price to see.