imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dynamite and Molotov Cocktail pages are Redundant (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1333)

AdAstra2009 10-25-2010 02:37 AM

Dynamite and Molotov Cocktail pages are Redundant

Does anyone else think that having pages for Dynamite and for the Molotov Cocktail is umm.......stupid? I mean the point of the gun pages is to identify the specific details of firearms for identification of specific models. Theres no need for identification pages for Dynamite and molotov cocktails unless you've been living under a rock for your entire life and you have no idea what they are, in that case you need a dictionary or wikipedia, not IMFDB.....It's Redundant!!!!! It's not like there are specific models of dynamite or molotov cocktails to identify.....Dynamite isn't even a weapon its a tool!!!

Are we going to see a page for IEDs too????

Excalibur 10-25-2010 02:53 AM

People keep adding them for no reason, like swords or knives

Zulu Two Six 10-25-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 21303)
Are we going to see a page for IEDs too????

yes, and all the diferent variants too!

AdAstra2009 10-25-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21304)
People keep adding them for no reason, like swords or knives

Well shouldn't those articles be deleted? I am sure that Generic Dynamite and Molotov cocktails fall out of the scope of IMFDB.

Excalibur 10-25-2010 06:49 PM

When you take one down, another idiot decides to pop another one up. I just deleted the Dynamite one

Excalibur 10-27-2010 06:07 PM

Also, no tasers. We shouldn't have a taser page or even mention them on pages

AdAstra2009 10-27-2010 09:20 PM

I think we need to make a list of all the administrative decisions made here on the forum and sticky it for later reference. Sort of like an archive or something.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-28-2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 21350)
Also, no tasers. We shouldn't have a taser page or even mention them on pages

I think less lethal devices and launchers should be allowed. There are identifiable models. Rocket launchers, flamethrowers, and grenades are not firearms either but they're still allowed. Dynamite and Molotov cocktails and explosive charges and IED's can't really be identified so there's no point in having them on the site. If it has a manufacturer and a model number or military designation then it should count. If it's just some chemicals in a container with a fuse what is there to identify?

Mauser 11-03-2010 06:50 PM

I was the one who stupidly created the dynamite page and I am glad you did deleted it. I created that page when I first came to the site and only realized later that it was a pretty stupid thing to do. Can only admin delete pages? If I could or knew how to delete it that page would have been gone a long time ago.
As for allowing tasers or grenade launchers I don’t know where to stand on that. I mean it seems to me popularity dictates the exceptions. I don’t think most of us would think about removing the Mk II or Mk III hand grenade pages, but the dynamite page seems like it wont be missed. Again sorry about the whole dynamite page thing, that was dumb thing to do.