imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   State of Hawaii sued (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1847)

Rockwolf66 08-24-2011 10:02 PM

State of Hawaii sued

The state of Hawaii was sued yesterday for second amendment violations by the Hawaii Defense Foundation.

Details

Basically Hawaii has some extremly strict weapon laws that prevent the citizens of that state the ability to defend themselves. The HDF is sueing the state in order to get some of those weapon laws overturned.

I'm sure that those same laws really make it hard to film in Hawaii.

funkychinaman 08-24-2011 10:19 PM

I don't know if it affects filming. They've done at least four action shows in Hawaii (both Hawaii Five-0s, Magnum PI, Lost) and aren't there a lot of war movies film in Hawaii? I know that Windtalkers and Tropic Thunder were filmed there as well.

k9870 08-24-2011 11:08 PM

I think hes joking about the double standard of how they can make all these movies with machine guns but crap on the rights of the citizens.

MoviePropMaster2008 08-25-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 31904)
I don't know if it affects filming. They've done at least four action shows in Hawaii (both Hawaii Five-0s, Magnum PI, Lost) and aren't there a lot of war movies film in Hawaii? I know that Windtalkers and Tropic Thunder were filmed there as well.

Don't use OLD tv shows or films as examples. There were lots LESS gun control back then. This anti gun crap is relatively RECENT. There are obvious exemptions for major NEW shows (the recent Hawaii Five O is an example), but that's not the point. What I find interesting is that there is NO codification of the production exemptions in Hawaii, Nowhere in the laws. At least California has the exemptions for the film industry IN the state's laws and they're all available online to check out. Hawaii has none of that. I think it's just a wink and a nod to major productions coming into the state, even though I've pored through the Hawaii laws on the books and see nothing that technically exempts movie/tv production, but I know for a fact that they are granted exemptions.

Rockwolf66 08-25-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 31916)
Don't use OLD tv shows or films as examples. There were lots LESS gun control back then. This anti gun crap is relatively RECENT. There are obvious exemptions for major NEW shows (the recent Hawaii Five O is an example), but that's not the point. What I find interesting is that there is NO codification of the production exemptions in Hawaii, Nowhere in the laws. At least California has the exemptions for the film industry IN the state's laws and they're all available online to check out. Hawaii has none of that. I think it's just a wink and a nod to major productions coming into the state, even though I've pored through the Hawaii laws on the books and see nothing that technically exempts movie/tv production, but I know for a fact that they are granted exemptions.

Isn't that in itself Illegal and grounds for legal action? I know that District Atournies can decide not to prosicute but such matters are litterally adding fuel to a fire.