imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Me getting an Ar-15 (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1373)

hotborad 11-25-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 22526)
if you want an AR-15 that shoots .22, you could just get any of the guns that were built as a .22 instead of a conversion and those .22 rifles are only about 500. You'd need different magazines as well for .22?

Is there a reason you want 10 round mags? I don't think South Carolina have a magazine law against higher capacity unless you plan on hunting with your AR-15, then I think 10 rounds is the rule for hunting with an AR-15.

There isnt any big reason but I may move to a highly populated area like new york or something and im not sure what the magazine laws are so I wanted to be on the safe side and if 10 isnt enough I will go buy a 30 round magazine. And the reason I want the .223 conversion to .22lr is i might use it to go hunting with my buddies of mine. Also some of those .22lr are ugly as mess if you find a .22lr that looks like a ar-15 5.56 nato then im set but besides that ill stick to larger cailbers. Honestly a 9mm Ar-15 would be my wet dream but i havent found any. And tell you the honest truth an MP5 would be my gun but their so rare expecially a semi-auto one. The only thing I have heard of is the HK94 which was from the 1980s which is horrible. But yeah I considering other guns any semi-auto rifle with full customization like the Ar-15.

MT2008 11-25-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotborad (Post 22530)
There isnt any big reason but I may move to a highly populated area like new york or something and im not sure what the magazine laws are so I wanted to be on the safe side and if 10 isnt enough I will go buy a 30 round magazine. And the reason I want the .223 conversion to .22lr is i might use it to go hunting with my buddies of mine. Also some of those .22lr are ugly as mess if you find a .22lr that looks like a ar-15 5.56 nato then im set but besides that ill stick to larger cailbers. Honestly a 9mm Ar-15 would be my wet dream but i havent found any. And tell you the honest truth an MP5 would be my gun but their so rare expecially a semi-auto one. The only thing I have heard of is the HK94 which was from the 1980s which is horrible. But yeah I considering other guns any semi-auto rifle with full customization like the Ar-15.

If you move to New York, the magazine isn't the only thing that's regulated. The rifle itself will also be subject to NY's own Assault Weapons Ban (it still has one).

Excalibur 11-25-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

A 9mm AR-15 is also very rare and an civilian MP5 like the HK94 is extremely rare nowadays.

Unless you are hunting little rabbits, I don't think a .22 can kill anything big.

Seriously don't go to New York, that's anti gun country. You should really check your local gun laws. Go to your police stations and ask or better yet, just look it up online.

Gunmaster45 11-25-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

I live in upstate New York, the magazine limit here is 10 round only magazines unless you have bought preban hi-caps. You also can't have a folding/collapsing stock, bayonet lug, threaded barrel, or barrel shorter than 16" unless preban as well. (The barrel though still needs a class III stamp if shorter than 16" regardless of pre or post ban).

Excalibur 11-26-2010 01:25 AM

Honestly speaking, I don't have a use for a bayonet so I'd get a barrel without it.

There's also technicalities on what a flash hider is.

S&Wshooter 11-26-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 22546)
Honestly speaking, I don't have a use for a bayonet so I'd get a barrel without it.

But...http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1254919941.jpg

Excalibur 11-26-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 22547)

I said a bayonet. A Gears of War inspired rifle is something else...ballsy

Spades of Columbia 11-27-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 22547)

That Gun Shop couldn't let that poor guy atleast have a empty mag to make the photo look a little bit cooler?!...He's in uniform i think they could trust him.

Excalibur 11-27-2010 05:25 PM

The odd part is that it looks like a DMR.

S&Wshooter 11-27-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 22582)
The odd part is that it looks like a DMR.

the chainsaw is a barrel weight/gun rest that cuts people up in case of CQB combat :p