imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reindeer Games... (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=53)

Blix666 01-07-2009 09:15 PM

Reindeer Games...

anybody? it's the only movie i've looked up here and not found.

MT2008 01-08-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blix666 (Post 358)
anybody? it's the only movie i've looked up here and not found.

With all due respect, that's probably the worst movie that any of the leading actors in it (including Ben Affleck, Gary Sinise, and Charlize Theron) have made in their careers. Movies that suck aren't too likely to get entries on here simply because it's unlikely you'll find someone brave enough to sit through them and screencap them.

That being said, if you need gun IDs, I remember most of the guns used in that movie from the last time I saw it. If you want, I'll tell you who used what. I might even be able to do a page listing the guns I remember, but not with screencaps.

ryantherebel 01-08-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 359)
With all due respect, that's probably the worst movie that any of the leading actors in it (including Ben Affleck, Gary Sinise, and Charlize Theron) have made in their careers. Movies that suck aren't too likely to get entries on here simply because it's unlikely you'll find someone brave enough to sit through them and screencap them.

Not to mention it might be John Frankenheimer's weakest film. I'm mean this John "Ronin" Frankenheimer we're talking about here.

Blix666 01-08-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

there are plenty of movies listed on here that are weaker than Reindeer Games. i won't get into trying to list them all, but from what i can tell, how good a movie is shouldn't be what determines whether or not it gets listed being that it's all a matter of personal opinion, the movie's got a lot of gun-play in it and more different guns in it than a lot of the movies that are listed.

MT2008 01-08-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryantherebel (Post 360)
Not to mention it might be John Frankenheimer's weakest film. I'm mean this John "Ronin" Frankenheimer we're talking about here.

Haha, yes, I totally forgot that he directed this movie. That dude had a LOT of ups and downs in his career. Sad that he had to end it with movies like "Reindeer Games". But I'll always respect him for the great ones like "Ronin".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blix666 (Post 361)
there are plenty of movies listed on here that are weaker than Reindeer Games. i won't get into trying to list them all, but from what i can tell, how good a movie is shouldn't be what determines whether or not it gets listed being that it's all a matter of personal opinion, the movie's got a lot of gun-play in it and more different guns in it than a lot of the movies that are listed.

I never said that anyone's personal opinion should influence which movies get listed and which ones don't. Indeed, you are correct that there are a lot of terrible movies that are listed on IMFDB (like "2 Fast 2 Furious", which I did myself, even though I think it's a terrible movie). I'm just trying to explain to you why it is that most people on this site won't feel inclined to do a page for "Reindeer Games". While I don't speak for everyone on here, I personally have relatively limited money to spend on buying/renting movies, so I tend to do movies that I liked or (at a minimum) have action scenes/gunplay I like. "Reindeer Games" doesn't happen to be one of those movies, so I don't feel the need to work on a page for it.

If you own the DVD of this movie and want to do a page, that's fine by me, I won't stop you. And likewise, if anyone else wants to do a page for this movie, that's fine by me.

MoviePropMaster2008 01-08-2009 03:17 AM

No one is keeping anyone from doing a page for Reindeer Games. Remember we all do as much as we can (and have time for). Personally if you see a page that seems 'weak' or ridiculous, don't blame the admins or membership.

We keep on getting new pages created when we're still behind in fixing all the existing or orphaned pages.

I'm almost tempted to ask for a MORATORIUM on new entries until we fix all the blank (or terribly done) pages. But members keep creating more and more new pages.

Now we're getting more and more international members and we'll be seeing a lot more obscure foreign (and foreign language) films. Personally, unless those members start screencapping their movie(s) (especially if we can't get it in the US) then they should not make a page for it.

So if you see a page you feel is appropriate for this site, then by all means, create it.

MT2008 08-09-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

With all due respect, that's probably the worst movie that any of the leading actors in it (including Ben Affleck, Gary Sinise, and Charlize Theron) have made in their careers.

I stand by this statement...but as fate would have it, yours truly shall be the one who brings this otherwise shitty movie to IMFDB.

Seeing the Franchi PA3 and Olympic Arms K23B in action was kind of cool, at least.

Rockwolf66 08-09-2009 06:03 AM

MT,

Given that I occationally play Garbageman, Do you want the Title of Official Sewer Worker?

Ace Oliveira 08-09-2009 02:00 PM

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

predator20 08-09-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira (Post 5792)
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Rockwolf does the clean up, garbage man. MT does the crap work, sewer.