imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

commando552 11-14-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 43099)
Yeah, I checked. She was brass checking her gun, which I think would have been a better dramatic effect thing to do, but I am not sure if the gun she's using in the movie trailer was a real gun.

Does anybody want to start screen capping?

The problem with brass checking is I don't think most people would actually understand what that was. Racking the slide to load it is a lot more recognizable to people who don't know about guns.

I think her gun is a dressed up Glock. It is definitely a real gun, it appears to be practically firing in the trailer and there was a BTS featurette a couple of days ago that was them filming a scene with her and Batou firing their guns as they get out of a car and they were definitely live firing. Someone even made a point of saying that the blanks were exceptionally powerful ones.

There are actually photos of various guns from the press event in Tokyo including her pistol, and in that one the real gun part is actually transparent with the bullets visible inside. It isn't like this in other scenes so either she uses different pistols (this one was labelled "Major's Thermoptic Pistol"), or it changes when she goes into camouflage mode. These pictures also show that her rifle is a dressed up X95.

Excalibur 11-15-2016 06:58 PM

Should we start a page and take photos from that and put it on our page?

Spartan198 11-16-2016 11:34 PM

Watched the series premiere of Shooter last night. Pretty good ... aside from the fact that it almost completely rehashed the plot from the movie.

Excalibur 11-17-2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 43102)
Watched the series premiere of Shooter last night. Pretty good ... aside from the fact that it almost completely rehashed the plot from the movie.

What about the guns? Good choices? Good handling?

S&Wshooter 11-17-2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 43102)

They trashed like 2/3 of Swagger's characterization, got rid of one of the very most important characters in the series so they could shoehorn in a woman

Excalibur 11-25-2016 03:19 PM

For once, I decided to go against my instinct and buy the Legacy Edition of COD: Infinite Warfare so I can get access to the COD4 Remastered. Thankfully, I bought it on a discount thanks for Black Friday.

Swordfish941 11-30-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 43109)
For once, I decided to go against my instinct and buy the Legacy Edition of COD: Infinite Warfare so I can get access to the COD4 Remastered. Thankfully, I bought it on a discount thanks for Black Friday.

I heard Infinite Warfare was surprisingly good.

Excalibur 12-01-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 43118)
I heard Infinite Warfare was surprisingly good.

It has a lot of the usual COD trophs, but it is an overall enjoyable shooter with a different story than modern warfare and certainly not as weird as BO3. Though I wished they had flushed out the villains more, especially Admiral Jon Snow.

The Remastered is mostly the same gameplay. I wished they redid looking down the sights of certain optics like the EOtech to not take up the whole screen like in later COD games and I really really wished...they made the "M4" look better. They could have easily swapped out the stupid cheapo red dot with something like an Aimpoint or ACOG instead of making the front sight post disappear. I wished they added newer guns from later games as the code seemed to imply other guns.

Excalibur 12-09-2016 06:31 PM

Anybody check out Spectral on Netflix? It's like your typical military war movie with ghosts. Makes a better movie than the reboot Ghostbusters

SPEMack618 12-13-2016 10:50 PM

Preordered tickets for "Rogue One" on sunday.

So, what are y'all's opinions on Suicide Squad?