imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Flash Articles (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=198)

Rockwolf66 04-20-2009 05:14 PM

Flash Articles

As once again someone is posting articles on Flash Games and or cartoons I'm getting the opinion of others. These games/'toons are quick to make usually shoddy and are cranked out by the hundreds. If we start letting people make pages on Flash products then we are going to see alot more of them and personally they lower the tone of this site. I know that there's a couple Mods who remove such pages and I'm happy with there work.

Today we have some anonymous user putting up a bunch of pages for the Madness Combat Flash Series. I've blanked the pages as They don't meet the current criteria for this site.

Does anyone else have an opinon on Flash games/Toons?

Gunmaster45 04-20-2009 07:43 PM

List any new ones you find and we'll remove them ASAP. IMFDB has no flash games in its name, and only TV, Video Games, and Anime are allowed in addition. NO flash games should be allowed. Most of them use airsoft guns or complete fiction as their design platforms.

MoviePropMaster2008 04-20-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 2080)
List any new ones you find and we'll remove them ASAP. IMFDB has no flash games in its name, and only TV, Video Games, and Anime are allowed in addition. NO flash games should be allowed. Most of them use airsoft guns or complete fiction as their design platforms.

If it does NOT have a listing in IMDB, then it does not belong. But I just realized that This "rule" also could potentially rule out Video Games and MODS to video games, so please give me input on this. Thanks.

MT2008 04-20-2009 09:33 PM

I deleted those Flash game pages earlier this afternoon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 2081)
If it does NOT have a listing in IMDB, then it does not belong. But I just realized that This "rule" also could potentially rule out Video Games and MODS to video games, so please give me input on this. Thanks.

Actually, IMDB lists video games, so that won't be an issue. Mods are a bit of a gray area, but my attitude is that as long as they're fairly professional mods (in the case of "Half-Life" mods, those which are supported and distributed by Valve Software, the game's developer), I see no problem with including them. I don't, on the other hand, want this to become a site where any ragtag mod crew can promote their work (they've got Gamespy for that).

As far as IMDB goes, I would also say any of the "All" guide sites (AllMovieGuide, AllGameGuide) are also acceptable for listings.

Gunmaster45 04-21-2009 01:34 AM

Well some VGs aren't on IMDB because they aren't a priority to the admins. apparently, like the Rainbow Six Vegas games.

MoviePropMaster2008 06-06-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9110470100 (Post 3630)

WTF is this?!?!?!?!

Alcatrazz 06-06-2009 04:03 PM

Another spammer.

Gunmaster45 06-06-2009 08:29 PM

He's gone. I'm no longer soft deleting so you won't see a message saying "Spammer message deleted", it will just disapear.