imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Extended downtime recently? (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2385)

Mazryonh 03-11-2015 02:39 AM

Extended downtime recently?

The main wiki has been offline for several hours today. What's going on with it?

EDIT: Okay, it appears to be back for now. Unless it goes down again soon, then a moderator can delete this thread.

funkychinaman 03-17-2015 01:23 PM

Looks like it's down again.

funkychinaman 03-17-2015 05:39 PM

Does anyone have Bunni's contact info?

Mazryonh 03-18-2015 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41749)
Does anyone have Bunni's contact info?

Do any of the moderators/admins here have direct physical access to Bunni? I'm asking because it's not uncommon for people to go "dark" (disconnect themselves from any means of electronic contact) for a long time. It would be a real shame if Bunni went dark and the wiki was lost due to payment issues, or the server company being bought out, etc. Years of work from various users would be lost overnight, perhaps irretrievably. :eek:

If someone among the higher-ups did have reliable access to Bunni at least s/he could give us fair warning to backup everything if Bunni no longer wanted to keep the wiki up and running.

S&Wshooter 03-19-2015 02:38 AM

At least one of us should be able to call him and yell at him at all hours of the day, until he does what we want

Mazryonh 03-19-2015 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 41752)
At least one of us should be able to call him and yell at him at all hours of the day, until he does what we want

I didn't mean to go that far. I just wanted to make sure that, if Bunni won't personally make regular announcements and updates in case things go badly wrong, someone can at least make sure everything is okay on his end. Like I said, it would be a real shame if the wiki suddenly went offline for no apparent reason and couldn't be brought back.

S&Wshooter 03-23-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 41753)
I didn't mean to go that far. I just wanted to make sure that, if Bunni won't personally make regular announcements and updates in case things go badly wrong, someone can at least make sure everything is okay on his end. Like I said, it would be a real shame if the wiki suddenly went offline for no apparent reason and couldn't be brought back.

Nope, at least one mod/admin needs to be able to call him at 3 in the morning to scream "SHIT DON'T WORK FIX ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

Mazryonh 03-27-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 41762)
Nope, at least one mod/admin needs to be able to call him at 3 in the morning to scream "SHIT DON'T WORK FIX ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

It would help, at the very least, if Bunni could be reliably notified in a timely fashion of site malfunctions or malicious activity directed at the site, and someone was close enough to confirm that Bunni received it. No screaming necessary, just confirmation that he knows what's going on and is working on it.

Mazryonh 03-28-2015 04:16 AM

Oh dear, it looks like it's happening again. We can't access Bunni's talk page when the wiki is down, either.

funkychinaman 04-26-2015 12:43 PM

Looks like we're down again.

And we're up again.