imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nutnfancy (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=890)

Zulu Two Six 01-23-2010 02:03 AM

Nutnfancy

well, im gonna be the one to break the ice.
i watch him on youtube on we talked about him in some earlier topics.
i think he's kinda neat.

oh! and im hoping to get some pics of my shotgun, we should be going to a range or feild sometime tomorrow!

but back on topic:
you?

EDIT:OOH-RAH! i forgot this is my 100th post! im one of you guys now!
im now part of the ''in group'' or....something....yeah...
senior member....*sniff* i'd like to thank: the acadamey, the guys, and the forum...you guys never lost hope in me.....

so uh....yeah..that's all

Yournamehere 01-23-2010 02:54 AM

I just mentioned him in the SHOT show thread and I'm all but certain that's why you made this thread.

I watch his gun reviews and a few of his survival videos, and I enjoy it as well as learn. I would watch everything if I didn't have to dick around with youtube load times.

I don't think he likes me very much too, because in a comment I sent to him, I mentioned (in a highly complimentary post) that he had used one of MPM2008s images in a video, which would not go over well if MPM found out, and he didn't allow the comment on his page. It might just be for his own protection but I just watch his videos without any communication between them and me. I know he means well to the general public and that's enough.

Zulu Two Six 01-23-2010 03:42 AM

which image was it?
oh well...
he's not meh favorite. but he kills time when ur bored and surfin' the internet.

Yournamehere 01-23-2010 03:43 AM

He used MPM's picture of the Remington 870 Police folder in his Combat Shotgun review, or at least it looked like MPM's image.

k9870 01-23-2010 05:31 AM

I disagree with him on several things (weight, firepower) but he does a good job showing features of guns and has some good knowlege.

Zulu Two Six 01-23-2010 05:41 AM

yeah...
he doesnt know everything but he does get most of his facts right

predator20 02-10-2010 03:44 AM

I've watched a few of his videos. He does a thorough job on reviewing guns. He's too much of a Glock fan for my taste though. (I've handled a few Glocks, I die a little inside every time, I don't think I'll ever warm up to them.) He likes to compare it to any gun, despite that the other gun was made long before Glock. He rambles on sometimes too.

Yournamehere 02-10-2010 06:21 AM

Yeah he has a tendency to ramble, but in one of his recent videos he said that he was coming off as too much of a Glock proponent and would try to stay more balanced in the future. I personally don't mind the grip but it's not fantastic. All in all he does a good job of his reviews, and I have nothing but respect for him and what he does, he just seems to rub people in a weird way.

k9870 02-12-2010 02:37 AM

Hes way too into weight (sing almuminm ammo in a kahr pm9) and thinks firepower=how many bullets you have. Like saying a fn 5-7 beats a glock since it holds a few more rounds even though the fn is an overglorified .22mag.

I love seeing unbiased reviews though and he does do a good job showing features. I do find it weird he praises the g17 but always borrows it from a friend and doesnt but his own

Rugersix also has some good reviews, less in-depth but he does some older classics and shows disassembly, shooting impressions, etc.

Mauser 02-12-2010 04:25 AM

I find Nutnfancy kind of annoying. Don’t know if I can really pinpoint it on any one thing. I like Rugersix videos a lot. To me I think Nutnfancy comes too close to saying so and so is wrong, but that’s just my opinion. Rugersix gives you just the basics specs, disasmble, and little bit of history. I personally like that style. I think Nutnfancy has a few times given his opions on knives or certain guns without really handling them. Either way he has a loyal following and good points.

k9870 02-12-2010 04:42 AM

Rugersix has the only savage 1907 video, a gun i want to own eventually.

Yournamehere 02-12-2010 08:19 AM

I was gonna bring up Rugersix too but didn't. I've chatted with him a few times and since he lives one state above mine we've discussed shooting together and maybe making a video. It won't be for a while though because we both have things going on. Seems like an all around good guy though.

k9870 02-12-2010 03:16 PM

he answered a couple emails here too when i asked questions about his guns. With all the emails he gets its cool he takes his time to answer them. He seems more like a regular guy reviewing guns he owns and average everyday firearms, not all the new tacticool gear.

Mauser 02-13-2010 04:19 AM

Yeah Rugersix really takes the time to respond to his viewers. I was actually surprised when I left a comment for his video and he kept responding to me. I don't see how anyone could hate him because he seems so nice lol.