imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   12 Monkeys page (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1017)

Diego Wolfwood 04-11-2010 01:48 AM

12 Monkeys page

I rebuilt it, had no screencaps and was missing a bunch of guns. There's a few I can't identify, a couple pistols, shotgun, a revolver, etc.

Zulu Two Six 04-11-2010 02:59 AM

i love that movie
its so weird!
my friends and i watched it. it feels like you're on drugs while watching it

S&Wshooter 04-11-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six (Post 12996)
my friends and i watched it. it feels like you're on drugs while watching it

Explain to me how you know what it's like to be on drugs

Excalibur 04-11-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 12998)
Explain to me how you know what it's like to be on drugs

It's a figure of speech....I hope

S&Wshooter 04-11-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 13000)
It's a figure of speech....I hope

Maybe he means that he felt like a badass but was being a douchebag when he watched the movie

Excalibur 04-11-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 13001)
Maybe he means that he felt like a badass but was being a douchebag when he watched the movie

When you say you felt like you were on drugs usually implies that you felt dizzy and distracted, bothered and not liking the experience...like what happens when you are on drugs.

Zulu Two Six 04-11-2010 12:21 PM

^^^:D
no i mean, the way they shot it was just crazy and everyone in the movie was weird.

Nyles 04-11-2010 04:31 PM

So what if they guy's used drugs? I wasn't aware membership here involved an abstinence pledge. I don't use them myself but I have friends that do, long as it's not affecting anyone else I really don't see the problem.

Zulu Two Six 04-11-2010 07:30 PM

assume-makes an ASS out of U and ME

MT2008 04-11-2010 11:10 PM

Guys, for once, can you please just ANSWER the question instead of hijacking the topic? It really is rude, even by Internet etiquette standards. If you aren't going to help Diego, then move along.

S&Wshooter 04-12-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 13011)
Guys, for once, can you please just ANSWER the question instead of hijacking the topic? It really is rude, even by Internet etiquette standards. If you aren't going to help Diego, then move along.

Let me think about your proposal... http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypic...amnothanks.jpg

MT2008 04-12-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 13013)
Let me think about your proposal... http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypic...amnothanks.jpg

As a moderator, I'm doing my job. If that bothers you, then too bad. And yes, I know we all like to mess around, but there is a point where it can go too far.

For your own sake, I really hope you don't act this way in real life.

Nyles 04-12-2010 02:25 AM

The French soldiers in the move are using Berthiers, most likely the M1907/15 though one seems to have a handguard, which would make it an M1916. However, lots of M1907/15s were put together the parts from the M1916, and I don't see any extended mags, so go with the M1907/15. The revolver is definately a Mle 1892.

S&Wshooter 04-12-2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 13015)
As a moderator, I'm doing my job. If that bothers you, then too bad. And yes, I know we all like to mess around, but there is a point where it can go too far.

For your own sake, I really hope you don't act this way in real life.

How about this: When ever I am obviously not being serious, I will start my posts with [sarcasm] and end them with [/sarcasm] so you don't have an aneurysm. That sound alright?

MT2008 04-12-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 13019)
How about this: When ever I am obviously not being serious, I will start my posts with [sarcasm] and end them with [/sarcasm] so you don't have an aneurysm. That sound alright?

Trust me, Smithy, if I'd had an aneurysm over this, you'd know it. Annoyance vs. anger are two different things.

Anyway, what does sarcasm have to do with anything? I asked you not to do something, and instead of admitting you were wrong, you chose to make a snarky retort. In case you haven't noticed, I was being serious, so it seems reasonable to expect I would get a serious response (regardless of whether said response was agreement or disdain). But I guess with you, it's difficult to predict what's going to happen.

S&Wshooter 04-12-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 13021)
Trust me, Smithy, if I'd had an aneurysm over this, you'd know it. Annoyance vs. anger are two different things.

Anyway, what does sarcasm have to do with anything? I asked you not to do something, and instead of admitting you were wrong, you chose to make a snarky retort. In case you haven't noticed, I was being serious, so it seems reasonable to expect I would get a serious response (regardless of whether said response was agreement or disdain). But I guess with you, it's difficult to predict what's going to happen.

I have an idea that I think we both can agree on. If I say or do something that you don't like, PM me instead of posting it so we don't take the thread too off topic. That way you can chastise me over whatever and we don't end up looking like horse's ass'. (Note to self: put 12 Monkeys in Netflix queue)

Zulu Two Six 04-12-2010 08:43 PM

im stepping in between this cock fight only because i like the both of you and dont want you two getting pissed at each other only because a stupid internet argument got between you two.

S&W knows what to do now and is going to ''behave''
MT2008 was only correcting you b/c it was his job.

problem solved

''fighting over the internet is like competing in the special olympics. No matter who wins or loses you're both still retarded''

keep that in mind

S&Wshooter 04-12-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six (Post 13026)
im stepping in between this cock fight only because i like the both of you and dont want you two getting pissed at each other only because a stupid internet argument got between you two.

S&W knows what to do now and is going to ''behave''
MT2008 was only correcting you b/c it was his job.

I'd have no problem if instead of treating me like a child, he would just ask me not to do something. Remember: correct, not lecture

S&Wshooter 04-12-2010 08:51 PM

BTW, Zulu, how strongly do you recommend 12 Monkeys? I would like to know so that I can decide whether or not to bump it up to the top of my Netflix queue

Zulu Two Six 04-12-2010 10:09 PM

I would recomend it. its a good movie
considering my friends and i were staying up all night watching:
quarantine
12 monkeys
the blair witch project
a haunting in conneticutt (which sucked ass)
and iron man

S&Wshooter 04-12-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six (Post 13029)
I would recomend it. its a good movie
considering my friends and i were staying up all night watching:
quarantine

I almost bought that film's foreign counterpart [.REC] but I didn't have enough cash on me at the time

MT2008 04-15-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 13027)
I'd have no problem if instead of treating me like a child, he would just ask me not to do something. Remember: correct, not lecture

First of all, I never addressed you specifically.

Second, I don't know how to put this nicely, but...sometimes, you act like a child. And this was one of those times (your response to me, not the initial post, that is).

S&Wshooter 04-15-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 13057)
First of all, I never addressed you specifically.

Second, I don't know how to put this nicely, but...sometimes, you act like a child. And this was one of those times (your response to me, not the initial post, that is).

Did you not see my post about PM'ing me when you want to say things like this? We need to stop pulling this thread off topic