imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 05-26-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 29518)
I watched J J Abram's Star Trek movie last night. It pwns the Star Wars prequels on so many levels (for example, the writing is good).

I will fight you about the Star Trek reboot movie. There are moments I like but I HATED a lot of the writing of that movie. I hated Nero the villain, the whole time travel alternate universe plot, I hated a lot of things. Didn't mean I did not enjoy the experience. I watched it, but I am a trekkie and I hated a lot about that movie

Swordfish941 05-26-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 29532)
I will fight you about the Star Trek reboot movie. There are moments I like but I HATED a lot of the writing of that movie. I hated Nero the villain, the whole time travel alternate universe plot, I hated a lot of things. Didn't mean I did not enjoy the experience. I watched it, but I am a trekkie and I hated a lot about that movie

But it was better than the Star Wars prequels. And Karl Urban was awesome as McCoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b9JgdOmF98

k9870 05-26-2011 11:16 PM

I thought oerall it was a fun, exiting movie.

funkychinaman 05-27-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 29532)
I will fight you about the Star Trek reboot movie. There are moments I like but I HATED a lot of the writing of that movie. I hated Nero the villain, the whole time travel alternate universe plot, I hated a lot of things. Didn't mean I did not enjoy the experience. I watched it, but I am a trekkie and I hated a lot about that movie

I agree. As movies go, it was pretty good. As a Star Trek movie, it was meh.

But the absolute BEST part of the new Star Trek movie series is that it's COMPLETELY reversible. New Spock mourns the loss of his homeworld and his mother, and time travels to the future to stop Nero, and boom, everything is back to normal.

S&Wshooter 05-28-2011 09:29 PM

I just now finished watching Gorky Park and it was, in my opinion, excellent. It was just the right length so that it neither dragged on nor ended too quickly, the plot was good, everything made perfect sense, and the climax did not disappoint

mpe2010 05-29-2011 07:59 PM

Been playing the Battlefield Play4Free Beta. Its pretty good for a free game.

S&Wshooter 05-29-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpe2010 (Post 29612)
Been playing the Battlefield Play4Free Beta. Its pretty good for a free game.

How do you get on the beta? My friend loves Battlefield

mpe2010 05-30-2011 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 29614)
How do you get on the beta? My friend loves Battlefield

You just go to the website and click play 3 steps to play4free. you give them your email, make your guy, download the game , and then play.

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/

S&Wshooter 05-30-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpe2010 (Post 29649)
You just go to the website and click play 3 steps to play4free. you give them your email, make your guy, download the game , and then play.

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/

Thanks, I'll pass it on to my friend

S&Wshooter 05-30-2011 03:12 AM

I'm going to sign up. What is the least crappy class?

S&Wshooter 05-30-2011 04:49 AM

My experience with Battlefield Play4Free: Russia always wins, no matter what

Excalibur 05-30-2011 11:33 AM

I just saw Kung fu Panda 2 and if you've seen the first one, this sequel is actually pretty good to watch.

mpe2010 05-30-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 29661)
My experience with Battlefield Play4Free: Russia always wins, no matter what

What class did you choose because i'm stuck with underpowered assault rifles.

S&Wshooter 05-30-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpe2010 (Post 29681)
What class did you choose because i'm stuck with underpowered assault rifles.

I chose Assault as well, but used a booster pack that gave me a Steyr Aug for a day. I like how you can hit anyone you can see, no matter how far away they are

mpe2010 05-31-2011 12:46 AM

I got that as well but once it expired i was stuck with buying the m16 and 1911 for 1 day at a time.

k9870 05-31-2011 02:56 AM

Decided to replay new vegas, doing the dlc tasks early to get cool stuff.

funkychinaman 05-31-2011 05:49 AM

Celebrated Memorial Day by watching... The Hustler. It's a magnificent film, and if you haven't seen it, you should.

Swordfish941 05-31-2011 10:35 AM

I celebrated Memorial Day by watching my favorite Star Trek episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bprgl_4z6gY

funkychinaman 06-01-2011 05:13 PM

I've been achievement hunting in Black Ops the past few days, but I finally rage quit while trying to get through Rebirth on Veteran. It's the part where you're on the BTR. Normally, I'd just take it slowly, taking cover and shooting the bad guys one by one, but the damned BTR just rolls you into the line of fire.

I got MoH from Gamefly for 15 bucks yesterday, so I started that instead. It's alright so far.

k9870 06-02-2011 03:07 PM

In new vegas, followers idolize me, how do you get them to join ncr in battle? I know there was an issue, im hoping it was patched.

Evil Tim 06-02-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 29758)
I got MoH from Gamefly for 15 bucks yesterday, so I started that instead. It's alright so far.

When the AC-130 shows up, watch it after it completes its runs to discover how big the model for it actually is. It's kinda hilarious.

funkychinaman 06-02-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 29778)
When the AC-130 shows up, watch it after it completes its runs to discover how big the model for it actually is. It's kinda hilarious.

I don't think I've reached that point yet. I think I'm at the fourth level, right after the ATVs.

I don't know if I like the way they do ammo in the game. I don't know what's more realistic, that you happen to find ammo for your weapon on the ground or on dead guys in the middle of nowhere, or your buddies have an unlimited amount of ammo to give you.

Evil Tim 06-02-2011 05:36 PM

I think what annoyed me was when they tell you you don't need any. Yes I do, you twit, that's why I asked you for it.

funkychinaman 06-02-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 29781)
I think what annoyed me was when they tell you you don't need any. Yes I do, you twit, that's why I asked you for it.

It's not like they have a finite amount, what do they care if I'm only thirty rounds from the maximum allowed? If your team actually had a finite amount of ammo that everyone had to share, wow, that would be a completely different game.

Speaking of, I do like that the pistol has its own slot (albeit with infinite ammo.) In every other game, if you want to pick up a rocket launcher, or a sniper rifle, you have to drop your pistol.

Evil Tim 06-02-2011 06:22 PM

You could probably make a system like that work if, say, moving close to other team members was what made enemies likely to throw grenades at you (since, let's face it, in real life the average Talitubby isn't carrying 80 hand grenades each of which is as powerful as a medium-grade fart) so there was an aspect of balancing risk versus getting ammo; even more so if it was only one ammo carrier, and a second guy was the medic, so you had to move away from one to move closer to the other. As is, it basically just means you waste ammo until they give you more.

"Ah, Rabbit's neutralised that rock, better give him the spare mags."

Swordfish941 06-03-2011 01:43 AM

I've started watching Futurama. Bender and Dr. Zoidberg are my favorite characters.

k9870 06-03-2011 02:21 AM

Bender;s my favorite too, hes my avatar:cool:

Swordfish941 06-03-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 29798)
Bender;s my favorite too, hes my avatar:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWPfc...eature=related

Spartan198 06-03-2011 06:55 AM

Finally got Expendables on DVD.

Was also eying the latest Sniper sequel, Sniper: Reloaded, but wasn't too sure and wanted to get some opinions on it. Straight-to-DVD sequels tend to be pretty piss poor in general and while Sniper is one of my top-tier movies, its sequels have been pretty shitty.

Gunmaster45 06-03-2011 07:19 PM

I want to screencap the new SWAT movie that came out. It's a crappy straight to DVD sequel, with Robert Patrick as the badguy. Patrick used to be a useful tool in improving quality in crappy movies, but now he's been so over used he pretty much just adds to the chaos.

Anyway, the movie doesn't look stellar by any means, but the wide variety of newer firearms has caught my eye. Watch some of the trailers for it and see what I mean.

predator20 06-03-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 29818)
I want to screencap the new SWAT movie that came out. It's a crappy straight to DVD sequel, with Robert Patrick as the badguy. Patrick used to be a useful tool in improving quality in crappy movies, but now he's been so over used he pretty much just adds to the chaos.

Anyway, the movie doesn't look stellar by any means, but the wide variety of newer firearms has caught my eye. Watch some of the trailers for it and see what I mean.

Don't we already have a page for it?
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/S.W.A.T.:_Firefight

Swordfish941 06-04-2011 02:09 AM

I just saw X-Men: First Class. It was pretty good and it makes up for the epic fail that is X-Men: The Last Stand.

k9870 06-04-2011 02:28 AM

Didnt know it was out, gotta go see it.

I bought a scope for my 22 today.

Excalibur 06-04-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 29818)
I want to screencap the new SWAT movie that came out. It's a crappy straight to DVD sequel, with Robert Patrick as the badguy. Patrick used to be a useful tool in improving quality in crappy movies, but now he's been so over used he pretty much just adds to the chaos.

Anyway, the movie doesn't look stellar by any means, but the wide variety of newer firearms has caught my eye. Watch some of the trailers for it and see what I mean.


Sorry buddy, already did it. Wasn't expecting much anyway but it got the first movie to have an ACR in it BEFORE Transformers 3


And yeah the new X-men movie was actually really good. Better than I expected

Gunmaster45 06-04-2011 06:15 AM

Oops, didn't catch that I guess.

The site's search engine is still not perfect, I searched for it and nothing came up for me. Oh well, I wasn't really invested invested in it.

Might just watch it and flesh out the captions.

Excalibur 06-04-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 29857)
Oops, didn't catch that I guess.

The site's search engine is still not perfect, I searched for it and nothing came up for me. Oh well, I wasn't really invested invested in it.

Might just watch it and flesh out the captions.

Go ahead. Have fun with that. I might rent the Mechanic and get caps for that one. It's been out for like a week and no one's done it

funkychinaman 06-06-2011 08:13 PM

Announced at E3, Halo 1 HD remake at the end of this year, Halo 4 at the end of next year. Looks like MS is going to ride Halo into the ground.

Addendum: Halo 1 HD remake is called Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary. The release date is 11/15, which I think is only a week after MW3. I hope they don't expect us to pay full price for it. If so, then MW3 goes first, and I'll get the remake when it's on sale.

k9870 06-06-2011 08:39 PM

Ive heard rumors fallout 4 will be in new england and involve an institute in massachuttets that was mentioned a few times in fallout 3. I hope my hometowns in it.

S&Wshooter 06-06-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 29955)
Ive heard rumors fallout 4 will be in new england and involve an institute in massachuttets that was mentioned a few times in fallout 3. I hope my hometowns in it.

They should set one in the South

S&Wshooter 06-06-2011 09:18 PM

Anyone seen the Fright Night trailer?


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.