imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 02-22-2017 03:37 PM

Infinite Warfare isn't that bad. Like Advanced Warfare, the story mode actually has a lot of potential except unlike the miss opportunity to present a morally grey villain in Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare suffers from underdeveloped backstory. It can be compared to the show The Expanse about Earth vs Mars or...a ton of other fiction.

funkychinaman 02-22-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 43437)
Infinite Warfare isn't that bad. Like Advanced Warfare, the story mode actually has a lot of potential except unlike the miss opportunity to present a morally grey villain in Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare suffers from underdeveloped backstory. It can be compared to the show The Expanse about Earth vs Mars or...a ton of other fiction.

I haven't played it yet, but it's definitely stretching the boundaries of a franchise that started out in WWII. I can understand why they'd want to attach the CoD name, it'll sell millions of copies on the name alone, but it also raises a lot of expectations. I wonder how well it would've done as its own franchise.

Excalibur 02-23-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43438)
I haven't played it yet, but it's definitely stretching the boundaries of a franchise that started out in WWII. I can understand why they'd want to attach the CoD name, it'll sell millions of copies on the name alone, but it also raises a lot of expectations. I wonder how well it would've done as its own franchise.

Go ask Titanfall and Destiny

funkychinaman 02-23-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 43442)
Go ask Titanfall and Destiny

I was thinking of Titanfall when I was writing the post. Maybe it would've wound up a CoD title if Zampella and West hadn't been fired.

funkychinaman 02-24-2017 02:18 PM

I'd really like to see this followed up with a Red Hood movie, but it may involve too much backstory.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...irector-978737

Excalibur 02-24-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43444)
I was thinking of Titanfall when I was writing the post. Maybe it would've wound up a CoD title if Zampella and West hadn't been fired.

But I think without the support of corporate, the first Titanfall was just a multiplayer experience and the sequel as a lot of tacked on tropes. Still kinda fun though. I loved the mech fighting throughout the game. I just wish they got a better story. How hard is it to have compelling characters, even if the character is supposed to be a career military guy. Military guys do have personalities.

funkychinaman 02-24-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 43447)
But I think without the support of corporate, the first Titanfall was just a multiplayer experience and the sequel as a lot of tacked on tropes. Still kinda fun though. I loved the mech fighting throughout the game. I just wish they got a better story. How hard is it to have compelling characters, even if the character is supposed to be a career military guy. Military guys do have personalities.

I'm a campaign guy, and the lack of a real campaign meant that I didn't play Titanfall for long.

I'm okay with games that are only multiplayer with no campaigns, just as long as we're not paying full price for them. You make half a game, we'll pay for half a game.

Spartan198 02-25-2017 09:05 PM

Anyone played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta? I'm loving it.

StanTheMan 02-26-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43448)
I'm a campaign guy, and the lack of a real campaign meant that I didn't play Titanfall for long.

I'm okay with games that are only multiplayer with no campaigns, just as long as we're not paying full price for them. You make half a game, we'll pay for half a game.

Well said. I too am more a single-player guy, so when I see that kind of thing also, well, bah. That said, I agree about doing something other than WWII. It's really done. I'd prefer to see some Cold War-era stuff or thereabouts also.

Anyway.. still having considerable trepidation about the upcoming Blade Runner sequel. Yet it's one of the few things I'm actually looking forward to. I can't win.

Spartan198 02-26-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanTheMan (Post 43451)
That said, I agree about doing something other than WWII. It's really done. I'd prefer to see some Cold War-era stuff or thereabouts also.

They should do the Korean War. AFAIK, no one has, while WWII, Vietnam, and the modern age have been largely done to death.