imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Swordfish941 11-21-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39966)
Heat has the distinction of being the first rated-R movie I saw in the movie theater. It came out about a week after my seventeenth birthday, so I drove to the theater myself (with my new driver's license) and watched it alone. (I hate going to movies by myself now.)

I enjoy going to the movies by myself since if I go with my brother, he always bothers me when I'm trying to concentrate on the film.

commando552 11-21-2013 11:44 PM

I've got no problem with going to the movies by myself, I do this quite often if I go in the middle of the day if I am off work. I saw Thor 2 the other week on my own for example (good movie BTW, weird mid-credits scene though).

Once I have been in a cinema literally by myself though, which was really weird. I remember going to see Elektra and when the movie started there were only 4 people including me in the cinema, and by 40 minutes in the other 3 had walked out. I even got up and walked down the isle to see if there was anybody else but it was just me. At that point I made a couple of phone calls and then just got my laptop out and started playing C&C Generals.

I loved Generals, I need to try reinstalling that and seeing if i can get it to work on my current computer.

funkychinaman 11-21-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39968)
I've got no problem with going to the movies by myself, I do this quite often if I go in the middle of the day if I am off work. I saw Thor 2 the other week on my own for example (good movie BTW, weird mid-credits scene though).

Once I have been in a cinema literally by myself though, which was really weird. I remember going to see Elektra and when the movie started there were only 4 people including me in the cinema, and by 40 minutes in the other 3 had walked out. I even got up and walked down the isle to see if there was anybody else but it was just me. At that point I made a couple of phone calls and then just got my laptop out and started playing C&C Generals.

I loved Generals, I need to try reinstalling that and seeing if i can get it to work on my current computer.

I love Generals. I still play it every now and again.

Spartan198 11-22-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 39954)
How have you not seen Heat until now?

I've only found it on TV twice in the last two years (I do weekly searches for it) and I could never seem to find it on DVD.

I'm ashamed. :(

Swordfish941 11-22-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39968)

I think it's connected to the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that'll be released next year.

commando552 11-22-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 39971)
I think it's connected to the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that'll be released next year.

That isn't why its weird (I'm a comic guy so I know about what the scene is setting up), the problem is with how it looks and sounds. Without giving anything away, it is total tone whiplash after the rest of the actual film, the look of it is like something out of 60s sci-fi, and it has some dawn bizarre acting in it. If that is what GOTG is like (perhaps a bit better as I think filming this scene was pretty rushed) this sort of stuff may work in the context of that, but it felt really weird tagged straight onto the end of a Thor film. IMHO, it would have worked better for the end and mid credit scenes should have been swapped round, although I do understand them wanting to actively hype GOTG though.

Excalibur 11-22-2013 04:02 AM

I've been playing Battlefield 4 and well...Apparently the best Assault rifle in my opinion is the QBZ-95 and it is actually modeled on the real thing and not the 97 misnamed. Also in the single player the only sidearm you can use is a revolver...stupid.

Evil Tim 11-22-2013 08:59 AM

Does the single player suck as badly as the one in 3? I still remember 3's was so rigidly scripted that if you ran ahead of where the game thought you would go during "Rock and a Hard Place" the enemies would actually run past you and have to turn around

Excalibur 11-22-2013 03:55 PM

Enemies are kinda hard to kill sometimes and some missions need to trigger events, like the boat mission. You hijack a chinese gunboat and you are supposed to take it back to your ship but your ship keeps getting farther away from you no matter how fast you are going. Then I checked and you are supposed to destroy all enemies around you first but that's not what the objective tells you.

I like COD Black Ops 2 better at weapon choice and customization. BF4 has a similar system where you can pick your guns for the mission but unlike Black Ops 2, you can't choose your weapon attachments, which is bullshit.

The Wierd It 11-22-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39975)
I like COD Black Ops 2 better at weapon choice and customization. BF4 has a similar system where you can pick your guns for the mission but unlike Black Ops 2, you can't choose your weapon attachments, which is bullshit.

So what's the point then? If I prefer using a given weapon I want to be able to set it up for the situation at hand.