imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   15 Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=187)

k9870 04-14-2009 01:07 AM

15 Guns

Hypothetical here:

Lets say you save a rich guys life, and He agrees to buy you 15 guns as a reward, and some rules:

You must use it, cannot get it just to turn around and sell.
Guns Cannot exceed 2,000 dollars in value.
Exception: 1 class 3 weapon of you choice.
Optics are included if necessary and you get 1,000 rounds of ammo for each

Mine:

Springfield TRP
Smith and Wesson Performance Center 627 unfluted
Sig p220 Elite: I like this style
Sig p232: Backup gun, I hate small guns that i can't fit whole hand on grip, this is small and usable, light at 17 oz.
Cz-97
FN SPR, .300 wsm, target gun
PTR-91- Like G3s
Remington SPS tactcial .308, bipod, scope. Love the compact desighn and hogue.
Browning Buckmark Target: I need a .22 semihandgun
A nice O/U shotgun
Benelli m4
Smith 586-L-comp
Smith 17 .22lr 10 round. need .22 wheelgun
Springfield m1a variant, love m-14s
Class 3 I think a full auto AR, enough of them transferrable and I could build anything off of one

Now, that covers my needs, I'm sure there's others and this list will change within no time but I just want to see what would cover your needs, wants, without going overboard into lsit of every military wepaon ever made.

Nyles 04-14-2009 03:50 AM

I own over 60 guys anyways, this is kind of meaningless for me.

Phoenixent 04-14-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 1889)
Hypothetical here:

Lets say you save a rich guys life, and He agrees to buy you 15 guns as a reward, and some rules:

You must use it, cannot get it just to turn around and sell.
Guns Cannot exceed 2,000 dollars in value.
Exception: 1 class 3 weapon of you choice.
Optics are included if necessary and you get 1,000 rounds of ammo for each

Mine:

Springfield TRP
Smith and Wesson Performance Center 627 unfluted
Sig p220 Elite: I like this style
Sig p232: Backup gun, I hate small guns that i can't fit whole hand on grip, this is small and usable, light at 17 oz.
Cz-97
FN SPR, .300 wsm, target gun
PTR-91- Like G3s
Remington SPS tactcial .308, bipod, scope. Love the compact desighn and hogue.
Browning Buckmark Target: I need a .22 semihandgun
A nice O/U shotgun
Benelli m4
Smith 586-L-comp
Smith 17 .22lr 10 round. need .22 wheelgun
Springfield m1a variant, love m-14s
Class 3 I think a full auto AR, enough of them transferrable and I could build anything off of one

Now, that covers my needs, I'm sure there's others and this list will change within no time but I just want to see what would cover your needs, wants, without going overboard into lsit of every military wepaon ever made.

That transferable full auto AR15 is way above you limit at 10,000.00 to 15,000 dollars depending on the make and model. You might find one at 5,000.00 dollars but it will be a SGW or Bushmaster conversion. Nice list though.

Gunmaster45 04-14-2009 04:32 AM

I'll just tell him I won't save him next time he's in trouble so he'll give me whatever I want whenever I want. XD

k9870 04-14-2009 01:54 PM

I said the only weapon with no price limit is your class 3 choice....I actually saw some transferrable FNCs though so goodbye mr. AR

Spartan198 04-14-2009 11:16 PM

I'm not too up on the retail prices on most of today's small arms.

k9870 04-14-2009 11:38 PM

I now decided I want an FNP 45 lol, I mean, 15 round of .45? What's not to like?

MoviePropMaster2008 04-19-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyles (Post 1901)
I own over 60 guys anyways, this is kind of meaningless for me.

You own over 60 GUYS? You a white slave trader or something? Or is that your dude harem? ;)

I must admit, I'm lacking. My personal collection is "only" about a third of Cinema Weaponry's inventory. ;) And Papac's got a lot cooler stuff than I do.

but in regards to the original question, like Nyles, this is kinda meaningless for me ;)

ManiacallyChallenged 04-19-2009 10:57 PM

I want the newer version of the FN Five-seveN.(the one that isn't DAO)
Of course, I've always wanted a Vektor CP-1 and was devastated when I heard that they had been recalled. As much as I want one, I'd rather not have it shoot me in the toe every time I picked it up.

Gunmaster45 04-20-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 1942)
I now decided I want an FNP 45 lol, I mean, 15 round of .45? What's not to like?

I'm pretty sure it fires 13+1, not 14+1. I'd rather get a Para-Ordnance so I could get 15 shots from a .45 1911.

MT2008 04-20-2009 04:28 AM

My Class III weapon would definitely be a GPMG, probably an FN MAG.

Not sure about my other 15. I tend to get interested in certain guns over others and then revert back all the time.

ManiacallyChallenged 04-20-2009 05:44 AM

I've changed my mind, I think.
I would really like a Bren Ten 10mm to go with my Five-seveN and my(magically safe) Vektor CP1.

Gunmaster45 04-20-2009 07:41 PM

If I had to pick a Bren 10-like gun, I'd go for an Armalite AR-24 pistol. Bren pistols are too hot, and break due to the ammo. That's why Sonny Crocket only used it for a season on Miami Vice before moving on the S&W autos. Plus are heard the AR-24s are pretty cool.

Anything WWII would work well in my Class III category. A Browning Automatic Rifle perhaps. Or an M1919A4 (I know a guy with a semi-auto one in Texas). Or dare I say a Browning M2HB? Or better yet, an M3? Or the most insane, a Quad mounted M3! Those things can put out a lot of firepower.

Thompsons are interesting, I'd like to own an M1928 with a drum or an M1A1 with some 30 rounders. I've seen some guys in law enforcement who actually use Thompsons over other rifles and SMG because of the stopping power.

k9870 04-20-2009 09:46 PM

Well I thought it through and want:

I'm going into law enforcemnet and need a duty weapon and BUG

FN FNP-45- Reliable, 15 rounds of 45
Smith 340 PD - Light for confortable carry, since I probably wont use it outside range

Off Duty:
Smith 586 l-comp: Comapct power and relaibility

Smith trr8 Revovler: 8 rounds, can have light, Home defense revovler

m1a National match
Springer TRP:

Covers my "SPringfield National Defense Kit" and everyone needs a 1911.

FN SPR:

Target shooting rifle

For class 3 Id get a colt 9mm SMG since most rnages restirct full auto fire to pistol calibers around here, and I could slap on any AR upper if i go to other ranges.

And finally, a mauser broomhandle in good condition, always thought they were cool and you can add a stock without a class 3 permit since it's a C&R
That covers needs, as for others it switches around.

ManiacallyChallenged 04-20-2009 10:55 PM

I guess my interest in the 10mm caliber must stem from playing Fallout back in the day, which had the basic pistol and SMG in 10mm.

I've read about the problems they had with the Bren Ten on Miami Vice, and I thought it was because they had modified it to fire .45 for cost/availability reasons? I was under the possibly erroneous assumption that 10mm's downside was just price and availability.

Also, call me crazy but I just don't see a fascination with WWII firearms, except for maybe the SMLE(for some reason).

On the subject of price, I have always wondered why revolvers seem so expensive. For the purpose of this intellectual exercise it's moot, but I've always thought they would be much less expensive to manufacture and design than autoloading handguns.

MT2008 04-20-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 2079)
If I had to pick a Bren 10-like gun, I'd go for an Armalite AR-24 pistol. Bren pistols are too hot, and break due to the ammo. That's why Sonny Crocket only used it for a season on Miami Vice before moving on the S&W autos.

That would be rather odd, because the Bren 10s used in "Miami Vice" didn't fire 10mm blanks. The guns you see Don Johnson using were actually built specially for the show and were re-chambered to fire .45 ACP blanks. Or at least, that's what I've read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged (Post 2088)
I've read about the problems they had with the Bren Ten on Miami Vice, and I thought it was because they had modified it to fire .45 for cost/availability reasons? I was under the possibly erroneous assumption that 10mm's downside was just price and availability.

I've heard the same thing, actually. .45 ACP was a much more readily available caliber for blanks. I'm not sure it would matter even if the gun used 10mm blanks, anyway...

ManiacallyChallenged 04-21-2009 12:22 AM

Aside from their re-chambering I believe the only change was a stainless finish.

Gunmaster45 04-21-2009 01:14 AM

Okay maybe I'm wrong on that, but the actual Bren-10s suffered from the ammo. You are aware there is a newer and better 10mm availible now right? The new type has been chambered into the Glock 20, the S&W 1006, the H&K MP5-10, and many more guns.

ManiacallyChallenged 04-21-2009 01:25 AM

Oh yes of course, my first exposure to REAL 10mm was in the old Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, where my favorite weapon was the MP5 in 10mm.

I honestly don't know why I like the Bren Ten, but not other 10mm. Probably because the Bren Ten has appeal as a "classic" but the new ones just seem kind of like a pointless caliber. I'm a strange one.

k9870 04-21-2009 02:49 AM

The 1076 is supposed to be a solid 10mil, and my girlfriends dad used to have a delta elite, solid gun but pricy.

Krel 04-21-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 2089)
That would be rather odd, because the Bren 10s used in "Miami Vice" didn't fire 10mm blanks. The guns you see Don Johnson using were actually built specially for the show and were re-chambered to fire .45 ACP blanks. Or at least, that's what I've read.

I've heard the same thing, actually. .45 ACP was a much more readily available caliber for blanks. I'm not sure it would matter even if the gun used 10mm blanks, anyway...

There was a controversy when the show came out due to the Bren 10. There were people who had paid for the pistol, and were waiting for it to be delivered. Then there were people who had received there pistols, but had no magazines for it. The owner of the company said that he built them in his spare time, and that excuse pleased absolutely nobody! The owner also said that the pistols (there were more than one) were built from defective parts, and so could not use real ammunition.

David.

ManiacallyChallenged 04-21-2009 05:51 AM

Ouch, that is not a solid business practice.
Not surprising however that the demand for it exceeded its production capacity, people love using things they've seen on TV. Hence Agent Smith and the Desert Eagle craze.