imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Vandal hit a talk page... (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1094)

Spartan198 06-09-2010 10:47 AM

Vandal hit a talk page...

He deleted just about the entire Green Beret vs Spetsnaz discussion section and edited a member's comment into something lewd.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title...v&oldid=279047

I went ahead and reverted the vandalism and restored the page to what it originally was.

This is the guy that did it and he hit the Black Ops page as well, which I can see MPM has already fixed.

Has he been banned yet?

Markost 06-09-2010 02:25 PM

He should be Ip banned...

Release the banhammer!

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 03:13 PM

I lent the banhammer to Javier. Shit, it's probably at the bottom of that damned sinkhole in Guatemala

Spartan198 06-09-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s&wshooter (Post 14264)
i lent the banhammer to javier. Shit, it's probably at the bottom of that damned sinkhole in guatemala

lmao

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 04:51 PM

Seriously though, I've noticed that there are alot more vandals than there used to be

MoviePropMaster2008 06-09-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14273)
Seriously though, I've noticed that there are alot more vandals than there used to be

It's StrikerDelta. He was a COD fanboy kid who was abusive in his comments and thus was banned. Coming in here under various IP addresses. He likes to delete things (that's pretty much his entire MO). He was banned a while ago, but now tries to slip in under the wire with different IPs.

Here is an old quote by Striker Delta (after he was banned):
Quote:

"I warned you assholes, didn't I??? A few clicks and I can make a lot of shit disappear on here. I told you I'd find a way. So, my dear admins, FUCK YOU"
Nice guy, huh?

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 14281)
It's StrikerDelta. He was a COD fanboy kid who was abusive in his comments and thus was banned. Coming in here under various IP addresses. He likes to delete things (that's pretty much his entire MO). He was banned a while ago, but now tries to slip in under the wire with different IPs.

Here is an old quote by Striker Delta (after he was banned):

Nice guy, huh?

Goddamn, that guy is a douchebag

Swordfish941 06-09-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14264)
I lent the banhammer to Javier. Shit, it's probably at the bottom of that damned sinkhole in Guatemala

Who's Jaiver?

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 14283)
Who's Jaiver?

Read the Sinkhole thread

Swordfish941 06-09-2010 06:34 PM

I would blast this jackass with an Oerlikon 20mm Cannon, but I lent it to Magneto, the Titanium Man, and the Crimson Dynamo to rob a bank (see, I can be random too).

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 14288)
I would blast this jackass with an Oerlikon 20mm Cannon, but I lent it to Magneto, the Titanium Man, and the Crimson Dynamo to rob a bank (see, I can be random too).

Well, it's sort of your job as a writer to be creative

Swordfish941 06-09-2010 07:07 PM

If you want the cannon, you'll have to wait two weeks from now. I lent to to a bunch of Jews to massacre a Neo Nazi rally. Then it's going to be lent by a bunch gay guys to destroy the Westboro Baptist Church (there is no cannon. This is just me being creative).

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 07:17 PM

OK, enough randomness. The vandal problem is getting to be pretty bad. What can we do to fix it?

Excalibur 06-09-2010 07:19 PM

if the vandal was not registered, i think we should start putting protect on discussion pages too

AdAstra2009 06-09-2010 08:26 PM

Is it possible to protect all of my pages being that I have no mod/admin powers?

MT2008 06-09-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 14295)
Is it possible to protect all of my pages being that I have no mod/admin powers?

No, but if you think a page needs to be protected (because it's a favorite target of vandals), tell one of us and we'll do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14292)
OK, enough randomness. The vandal problem is getting to be pretty bad. What can we do to fix it?

How bad is it? Maybe I haven't been on here enough lately, but one asshole with a vendetta doesn't exactly sound like an epidemic.

But we have floated the idea of ending all anonymous editing and requiring users to register in order to make any changes. I've been skeptical about it myself, but if they are starting to fuck with the site too much, then I can live with mandatory registration if we all agree it's necessary.

S&Wshooter 06-10-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 14310)
How bad is it? Maybe I haven't been on here enough lately, but one asshole with a vendetta doesn't exactly sound like an epidemic.

But we have floated the idea of ending all anonymous editing and requiring users to register in order to make any changes. I've been skeptical about it myself, but if they are starting to fuck with the site too much, then I can live with mandatory registration if we all agree it's necessary.

I am seeing a lot of vandalization on less prominent pages (pages of older games, old movies, unpopular movies)

k9870 06-11-2010 12:28 AM

Somebody made a hilary duff page, its completely blank. whats with meaningless crap pages.

RockRacer 06-11-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 14310)

Is it just an extension that allows for mandatory registration?

MoviePropMaster2008 06-11-2010 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 14351)
Somebody made a hilary duff page, its completely blank. whats with meaningless crap pages.

Actually it isn't. She does have a firearms appearance, and the page now reflects that. We must have 'some' patience for pages 'in the works'. When it's done by a familiar member, I dont' fret. I just am VERY wary about new pages that are lame that are created by anonymous or new /unknown members.