imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   STORIES from the armory world.... (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1580)

k9870 02-01-2011 12:18 AM

Huh? a toothpick to go full auto?

Zulu Two Six 02-01-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunguy001 (Post 25000)
I grabbed a semi auto FN FAL when I needed a full auto, so I used a toothpick and all was fine.

i want double what you're smoking

Rockwolf66 02-01-2011 01:06 AM

He's not making a joke about the toothpick part. There are a few firearms that can be "converted to a machinegun" with as little as a toothpick in the right spot or even just reversing a part in the weapon.

I'm not going to say what weapons or how because with the way the BATF is run even a shoelace has been called an "illegal Machinegun".

AdAstra2009 02-02-2011 12:56 AM

From what I've read just the removal or wearing out of the disconnector spring on an AR-15 can cause fully-automatic firing.

MoviePropMaster2008 02-02-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunguy001 (Post 25000)
I grabbed a semi auto FN FAL when I needed a full auto, so I used a toothpick and all was fine.

Good thing you're in Canada, because that's a FELONY in the U.S. :eek: What happens in Canada, STAYS in Canada.... ;)

MT2008 02-02-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 25040)
From what I've read just the removal or wearing out of the disconnector spring on an AR-15 can cause fully-automatic firing.

Not full-auto, exactly, but discharge of two rounds with one pull of the trigger. If this happens, then by BATF's definition, you are now in possession of an illegal machine gun.

S&Wshooter 02-02-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 25056)
Not full-auto, exactly, but discharge of two rounds with one pull of the trigger. If this happens, then by BATF's definition, you are now in possession of an illegal machine gun.

I only we went by the Texas penal code, regarding fully automatic weapons

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Penal Code, Ch. 46.01, (9)
"Machine gun" means any firearm that is capable of shooting more than two shots automatically, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

MoviePropMaster2008 02-02-2011 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 25060)
I only we went by the Texas penal code, regarding fully automatic weapons

Texas used to have a rogue ATF agent named Aguilar I think, back in the 1980s. He used to have the 'bump fire' technique perfected before anyone knew what it was. He delighted in 'getting and arresting' AR-15 owners who had shot their rifles so much that the internal parts were worn. He managed to 'bump fire' a number of guns and 'Presto', numerous innocent gun owners were sent to prison (and lost all their guns) because they had an illegal machine gun. Aguilar even boasted regarding the number of people he had sent to prison, due primarily to his particular skill in 'bump firing' to get a conviction. Anyone who delights in 'twisting the system' to get wrongful convictions doesn't deserve the badge.... :mad:

S&Wshooter 02-02-2011 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 25063)
Texas used to have a rogue ATF agent named Aguilar I think, back in the 1980s. He used to have the 'bump fire' technique perfected before anyone knew what it was. He delighted in 'getting and arresting' AR-15 owners who had shot their rifles so much that the internal parts were worn. He managed to 'bump fire' a number of guns and 'Presto', numerous innocent gun owners were sent to prison (and lost all their guns) because they had an illegal machine gun. Aguilar even boasted regarding the number of people he had sent to prison, due primarily to his particular skill in 'bump firing' to get a conviction. Anyone who delights in 'twisting the system' to get wrongful convictions doesn't deserve the badge.... :mad:

I'm suprised someone didn't pop him and bury him in their back pasture

MoviePropMaster2008 02-02-2011 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 25066)
I'm suprised someone didn't pop him and bury him in their back pasture

He got a commendation and eventually retired on a full government pension.