imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Administrator rights for Drjuki (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1116)

Jcordell 06-30-2010 03:14 PM

I will have to vote no. He's under fifteen, his rants strike me as the ravings of a young man and he's asking for the authority. No. Absolutely not. Anyway what type of moderator would he be if his father stops him from being on the site?

MoviePropMaster2008 06-30-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 14852)
Drjuki has requested I talk it over with the forum as to whether or not he is able to have administrator access. What do the people think?

(1) You should have messaged all of the other Mods privately, Not post it in the forum (but since the member requested it he will have to hear all the comments, good or bad, but its usually bad form to discuss someone's competency in an open public thread).

(2) Anyone who ASKS for Admin access should not get it. It is bestowed by Bunni upon those who show skill, dedication and above all, enough maturity to be an admin.

(3) A twelve year old as an admin? Are you serious GM? Don't you think that's a bit of a slap in the face of the Mods who are over the age of forty and work in the industry?

Gunmaster45 06-30-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 14897)
(1) You should have messaged all of the other Mods privately, Not post it in the forum (but since the member requested it he will have to hear all the comments, good or bad, but its usually bad form to discuss someone's competency in an open public thread).

(2) Anyone who ASKS for Admin access should not get it. It is bestowed by Bunni upon those who show skill, dedication and above all, enough maturity to be an admin.

(3) A twelve year old as an admin? Are you serious GM? Don't you think that's a bit of a slap in the face of the Mods who are over the age of forty and work in the industry?

He asked me to bring it up on the forum so I did, I had a feeling it wouldn't happen but I was too busy to message everyone individually so I slapped it on here and left it up to the masses to resolve it. My bad, I'm not the major worker I used to be on here, even in summer I'm having trouble making time. I kind of miss when I had no life. haha

PersonOfInterest 07-01-2010 12:58 AM

(Changed by MT2008 - this was uncalled for)

Zulu Two Six 07-01-2010 01:10 AM

^what the fuck is the matter with you?
god, you've been creepy ever sense you got here
that's unimaginably cruel

MT2008 07-01-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six (Post 14924)

Agreed. PersonOfInterest, that was uncalled-for.

Anyway, I am not opposed to a person becoming an Admin simply because of their age. If they are mature enough, and they do good work, then I'm all for it. That being said, I am not sure Drjuki has proven himself yet. It would help if he could point us to some of his work.

Excalibur 07-01-2010 02:03 AM

I really am not sure about a 12 year old to be in an admin position. The fact that he asked first off is already a red flag. And that he wanted people to comment on an open forum is already another flag. We have not see him appear here as well. An admin on the site should also visit the forum regularly to comment and bring up topics. Bunni is an exception. He operates the site.

MoviePropMaster2008 07-01-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 14913)
He asked me to bring it up on the forum so I did, I had a feeling it wouldn't happen but I was too busy to message everyone individually so I slapped it on here and left it up to the masses to resolve it. My bad, I'm not the major worker I used to be on here, even in summer I'm having trouble making time. I kind of miss when I had no life. haha

I hear you! LOL. I guess folks have noticed that I'm not here all that much either. I have two productions right now that are kicking my ass. Summer time is the busiest time for productions (primarily due to the fact that it's not raining or snowing most of the time, however a lot of the country is getting weird weather! I'm sure glad California doesn't get tornadoes of any size or power).

Excalibur 07-01-2010 06:01 AM

I've been busy as well. Trying to finish college and looking for a good job in today's economy.

Been going to the range more often with my pals.

In the COD Black Ops discussion section, the guy says he is 12, like it matters to him. He also takes about saying because he's 12, he shouldn't care about anachronism in a game and I think that'll translate to he wouldn't point out anachronistic guns in movies as well because he doesn't care.

AS I said before, an admin's profile page is a resume of himself. Grammar tells how competent you are. This guy doesn't capitalize his words at all and I assume his dad must have put a filter on our main site because he saids he needs to proxy to upload caps. That's if he knows how. Why would he need a proxy to upload caps?

Anyway, when he saids "when I grow up, I'll get a gun, either an M1 Garand, or M1 Carbine." Ok, unless he has the money, either of those rifles are expensive. And obviously he's a WWII gamer cause all the pages he's "helped" on were all the COD pages. His favorite guns include a Desert Eagle and a Glock 18 and a bunch of other guns noob gamers really like.

An admin's page needs to have a professional look to them. This is your profile and if you are going to have one, everyone on the site can see it.

S&Wshooter 07-01-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six (Post 14924)

What'd he say? Was it something really fucked up?