imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Article pointing how not to hold a rifle (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1253)

HashiriyaR32 09-07-2010 07:53 PM

Saw that on Sanakaku Complex over the weekend. This just makes me cringe and facepalm >_<. She really should have gotten one of her knowledgeable employees to model for her instead of trying to "guess" what the proper stance was.

S&Wshooter 09-07-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 (Post 18703)
Saw that on Sanakaku Complex over the weekend. This just makes me cringe and facepalm >_<. She really should have gotten one of her knowledgeable employees to model for her instead of trying to "guess" what the proper stance was.

That's where I saw it too. They're a very informative site, but by god there is so much "explicit content"

BurtReynoldsMoustache 09-07-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 18707)
That's where I saw it too. They're a very informative site, but by god there is so much "explicit content"

I remember the first time I went to J-List. Children's toys, snack foods, dildos, all on the same page.

HashiriyaR32 09-07-2010 10:24 PM

I think we're going off topic here. What happened to the discussion about the fail itself?

BurtReynoldsMoustache 09-07-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 (Post 18742)
I think we're going off topic here. What happened to the discussion about the fail itself?

I think the topic in general is "Japan is weird".

Excalibur 09-08-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 18744)
I think the topic in general is "Japan is weird".

I thin the topic here in general is not that Japan is weird. It's that they don't know jack about guns or how to shoot any.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 09-08-2010 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 18779)
I thin the topic here in general is not that Japan is weird. It's that they don't know jack about guns or how to shoot any.

Technically the topic is a middle aged woman who draws cartoons for a living and does not know how to hold a rifle, not every person from Japan.

Excalibur 09-08-2010 02:25 PM

To be fair, an average American who has never held a rifle, would most likely not know how to hold on properly. Someone who hasn't played any shooter game or if did, don't pay attention to how the weapon is held, etc.

This weird position caught my attention more, because I had a buddy who almost did put the stock over his shoulder for a split second before correcting himself.

S&Wshooter 09-08-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 18801)
This weird position caught my attention more, because I had a buddy who almost did put the stock over his shoulder for a split second before correcting himself.

Solution: Get new friends

Excalibur 09-08-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 18807)
Solution: Get new friends

Even better solution: Teach current friends the correct things