imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Including airsoft guns? (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1425)

Excalibur 12-29-2010 05:59 PM

The problem is that most Airsoft are so real looking that it is next to impossible to tell at a side glance that it is an Airsoft rifle or not. You could hold up an M4 and an Airsoft M4 side to side and could not tell the difference.

AdAstra2009 12-29-2010 06:56 PM

Make sure also that there is a precedent that the assumption is that the firearm is real and is NOT airsoft unless proven otherwise.

Spades of Columbia 12-30-2010 01:18 AM

I'm really starting to hate airsoft...I cant research any guns online anymore without running into page after page of airsoft crap. When you go to reviews of products you have people talking about these products like they are the real thing and it take three of four paragraph before you realize they are talking about a toy. I look for a acessories for my firearms and i have to check and double check to make sure they are for real guns. But as far as movies go i believe if you can prove its a airsoft then mention it in the discription like i did in the Faster page but i see no need for their own page. Just my two cents.

AdAstra2009 12-30-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia (Post 23706)
I'm really starting to hate airsoft...I cant research any guns online anymore without running into page after page of airsoft crap.

That makes two of us, that is one thing that I would not miss if they banned it.

Excalibur 12-30-2010 08:46 PM

Hey hey, Airsoft was what made me interested in real guns in the first place and I've made many fans playing with others

Saying that you don't like them and want them banned because of the internet and you can't seem to find anything on the fact that they clog the searches is a bit harsh and short sighted. There are those in the government trying to ban airsoft in the US as a stepping stone on the path to banning guns because they see the ease of access to Airsoft and the realism of them a threat.

If paintball became just as realistic as Airsoft, you would want them banned as well if they made more paintball guns look like M16s and give the same amount of customization to them, you'd be just as annoyed.

And maybe because you keep running into Airsoft through internet searches is because you weren't specific enough. When I type in AR-15 on google, I don't get a ton of hits of Airsoft websites, I get gun websites. If I type in EoTech sight or ACOG, I get the real deal and not Airsoft pages about them,

MT2008 01-01-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 23731)
Hey hey, Airsoft was what made me interested in real guns in the first place and I've made many fans playing with others

Saying that you don't like them and want them banned because of the internet and you can't seem to find anything on the fact that they clog the searches is a bit harsh and short sighted. There are those in the government trying to ban airsoft in the US as a stepping stone on the path to banning guns because they see the ease of access to Airsoft and the realism of them a threat.

If paintball became just as realistic as Airsoft, you would want them banned as well if they made more paintball guns look like M16s and give the same amount of customization to them, you'd be just as annoyed.

And maybe because you keep running into Airsoft through internet searches is because you weren't specific enough. When I type in AR-15 on google, I don't get a ton of hits of Airsoft websites, I get gun websites. If I type in EoTech sight or ACOG, I get the real deal and not Airsoft pages about them,

I don't think he meant to be taken so literally.

MT2008 01-04-2011 03:41 PM

Can I at least add the Classic Army airsoft rifles to the M16 page? Those look at least somewhat distinctive (because of the receiver markings), and it looks like those are becoming armorers' favorite replicas ARs in non-firing scenes these days.

Excalibur 01-04-2011 04:13 PM

That's what I've been suggesting.

S&Wshooter 01-04-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 23867)
Can I at least add the Classic Army airsoft rifles to the M16 page? Those look at least somewhat distinctive (because of the receiver markings), and it looks like those are becoming armorers' favorite replicas ARs in non-firing scenes these days.

You are not taking into account the idiots who will see that and think it is OK to start adding pages for every airsoft gun

Excalibur 01-04-2011 04:19 PM

I forgot about that. Maybe we should make just one seperate page that talks about Airsoft and makes mention and then show several images of different airsoft rifles.