imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lame (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1093)

k9870 06-09-2010 05:15 PM

pay good SW?

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 14274)
pay good SW?

Hell no. $30 on average

k9870 06-09-2010 05:24 PM

what?per week?

Swordfish941 06-09-2010 05:25 PM

The only thing that's close to a job that I've ever done is mowing my grandparent's lawn. To make things worse, it's hotter than hell outside. The pay's good, though.

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 14276)
what?per week?

Month. I'm trying to get a real job, but no one is hiring

Jcordell 06-09-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 14256)
What kind of job gives you free time to go online on a computer. It's not like if I'm a cop, while I'm waiting for speeders, I can pop out my PSP and play Tekken.

Hey I resemble that remark. :D

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 05:42 PM

What kind of job do you have anyways, MT2008?

MT2008 06-09-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14280)
What kind of job do you have anyways, MT2008?

I work for the political action committee of a biotech firm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 14262)
ok fine, when I worked in fast foods, you have no time to sit down and take a breath, much less get a computer to turn on. You are constantly on your feet when you work at a burger king. I guess like an office job maybe

I haven't worked in that kind of job since I was in high school. Working at a desk in front of a computer is pretty much all I ever do (and yes, it sucks, but this isn't my career...at least I hope not).

I'm also a graduate student, so in the last year, I pretty much lived at a desk in the library with my own laptop for companionship (that's how I was able to spend so much time on here). But I'm almost done with my coursework, which means that next semester, I'll only be a part-time student (only taking two classes). Since I wasn't able to get a grant, I decided to get a job while I write my thesis on the side.

S&Wshooter 06-09-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 14308)
I work for the political action committee of a biotech firm.

I haven't worked in that kind of job since I was in high school. Working at a desk in front of a computer is pretty much all I ever do (and yes, it sucks, but this isn't my career...at least I hope not).

I'm also a graduate student, so in the last year, I pretty much lived at a desk in the library with my own laptop for companionship (that's how I was able to spend so much time on here). But I'm almost done with my coursework, which means that next semester, I'll only be a part-time student (only taking two classes). Since I wasn't able to get a grant, I decided to get a job while I write my thesis on the side.

You're still in college, right? What are you aiming to become?

MT2008 06-09-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14309)
You're still in college, right? What are you aiming to become?

Nope, I'm a graduate student. Finished college two years ago (I first discovered IMFDB when I was unemployed and bored after graduation).

My Master's will be in international relations, and I want to be an intelligence analyst. Though I've already gotten used to the idea that I might have to settle for something less exciting (like what I do now).